Page 55 of 238 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I already stated my opinion about Moonrise Kingdom, but I'll repeat it anyway. Wes Anderson was trying way too hard. Almost all the dialogue seemed forced, and the acting was poor.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, there must be a reason why this director is thought of as talented-maybe it is because of something like Rushmore. He has gone waay downhill since.

I hated everything about this movie and it was the 2nd time in the last 10 years (both this year) that I just stopped watching a movie altogether.
    Life Aquatic and Royal Tenenbaums were both better than Rushmore... but yeah, Darjeeling Limited wasn't anything special. Haven't seen Moonrise but it looks like it's quirky for sole reason of seeming original. I think anyone watching can at least appreciate his original story telling and cinematography even if they don't like his style, though it is teetering on becoming redundant in the same way that Tim Burton's has.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I liked Bill Murray in Life Aquatic, and it had some memorable moments, but to me that was Wes Anderson trying too hard. Moonrise Kingdom was ok, but it was just more of the same.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    The Life Aquatic is one of those rare movies where I enjoy it more and more every time I watch it, but I become less and less convinced it's actually a good film. I love the performances, and think some of the quirk is at times laugh-out-loud funny (the music when they're searching the pirate island, for instance, never fails to inspire a chuckle), but it is pretty insufferable in its affectation. Of his oeuvre, that's the one that stands out most to me as being a movie I probably would hate if not for the fact Anderson had already won me over with Rushmore and Tenenbaums. I suspect I'll feel the same way about Moonrise Kingdom when I eventually see it again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I like The Life Aquatic, too.

I just think Moonrise Kingdom was a big misstep, since Fantastic Mr. Fox was great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Re-watched an oldie but goodie

Back to the Future 1

Still a 10/10 imo

Crispin Glover is awesome

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Silenced 7/10

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    The Baader Meinhof Complex - 2008
    A look at Germany's terrorist group, The Red Army Faction (RAF), which organized bombings, robberies, kidnappings and assassinations in the late 1960s and '70s.

Interesting subject matter, but the film doesn't really go beyond surface. Lots of moving parts I guess, the story would probably better fit the mini-series format. We think we live in age of terrorism, but maybe the 70's was worse.
    8/10
    I agree. It was well made, but there just didn't seem to be enough background to explain why that brand of radicalism flared up in the at that time and place. I would take for granted such a background in a movie about the black panthers or the like -- but it was a German movie so the viewers there could already have that basic knowledge that we don't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The French Connection - 1971

I haven't seen this in ages, so I gave it a re-watch. Glad I did - this movie is a masterwork. Not only holds up well, but surpasses contemporary crime/police thrillers, IMO.
    9/10

hope and change
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    the Expendables 2: 6.5/10

didn't like the first one, and was expecting this one to be even worse, but I was surprisingly entertained/amused throughout

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Prometheus - 6/10
    Was hoping for more than it was.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    College
    Utah Utes
    Lincoln 9.5/10

Not ting anyone here...without question this movie moves into my all-time top 10. The only reason why I won't go 10/10 is because Tommy Lee Jones wig bothered me a bit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Prometheus - 6/10
    Was hoping for more than it was.
    Copy that. Was expecting a lot more from Ridley Scott than this half-baked mess.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Campaign 4/10
    i don't expect much of movies but this was pretty disappointing. there was some good spots but i'm tired of the snl crew movies. so formulated.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Posted in the Killing Them Softly thread:

Holy f***. Shame on yall if yall don't plan on seeing this on the big screen lol

My God, what a gorgeous motion picture. Automatically my #1 film of the year. From script, to direction, to the acting... you frickin name it. Political references of today, the economy, the realism you feel watching this film is amazing. The cinematography is great and a different perspective on the "gangster" flick that works wonderfully. Hardly a cliche found in this film, (maybe one but it was ok). Director Andrew Dominik is a true master of his craft. Thank God for Brad Pitt's performance man. That dude is in my favorite picture of the year 2 years in a row now.

I kind of felt taken back to a great dialogue driven film with some great intense moments like Pulp Fiction, but it wasn't Pulp Fiction. It was Andrew Dominik's and Brad Pitt's masterpiece, and I recommend for anyone who is a true movie lover. For the anti Twilight bs movie crowd, this is a treat. Pitt is a badass, Tony Soprano is really good alongside Pitt, Ray Liotta awesome, and so is everyone else.

9.8 It would have gotten a perfect 10 if it were grander in cast and story. That's not a bad thing, btw.

Last edited by SA210; 12-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Watched MiB III last night on Bluray. Good plot, but this one, and MiB II simply do not compare with the first.

7/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Posted in the Killing Them Softly thread:

Holy f***. Shame on yall if yall don't plan on seeing this on the big screen lol

My God, what a gorgeous motion picture. Automatically my #1 film of the year. From script, to direction, to the acting... you frickin name it. Political references of today, the economy, the realism you feel watching this film is amazing. The cinematography is great and a different perspective on the "gangster" flick that works wonderfully. Hardly a cliche found in this film, (maybe one but it was ok). Director Andrew Dominik is a true master of his craft. Thank God for Brad Pitt's performance man. That dude is in my favorite picture of the year 2 years in a row now.

I kind of felt taken back to a great dialogue driven film with some great intense moments like Pulp Fiction, but it wasn't Pulp Fiction. It was Andrew Dominik's and Brad Pitt's masterpiece, and I recommend for anyone who is a true movie lover. For the anti Twilight bs movie crowd, this is a treat. Pitt is a badass, Tony Soprano is really good alongside Pitt, Ray Liotta awesome, and so is everyone else.

9.8 It would have gotten a perfect 10 if it were grander in cast and story. That's not a bad thing, btw.

its a total piece of

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    its a total piece of
    Not really

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Bit it's nice to be nice

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    The Dark Knight Trilogy.

All three of them. 'Cause I owns it. Boxed set. On glorious BluRay.

10/10. Inflated to reflect my current state of geek bliss.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Dark Knight Trilogy.

All three of them. 'Cause I owns it. Boxed set. On glorious BluRay.

10/10. Inflated to reflect my current state of geek bliss.
    Recently watched all 3 again

#1: 7.5/10
    #2: 8.5/10
    #3: 5/10

Pretty good franchise overall, wonder if they'll continue

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Trouble With the Curve 7/10

Eastwood never dissapoints. Although his latest batch of movies feels like he's playing the same grumpy old man. I think its time to retire Clint.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: 7.5/10

Heard lots of hype, interesting film. Well done Gondry

silverblk mystix
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: 7.5/10

Heard lots of hype, interesting film. Well done Gondry

When it came out - it got a lot of hype -because of some of the inventiveness of the script. Other movies came out around the same time which expanded on this quirky inventiveness like - Being John Malkovich, Adaptation,etc... (don't remember which came first though--maybe Adaptation and Screenwriter Charlie Kaufman started it)

I liked it at that time while going through a break-up but it was pretty dark and agonizing to watch at times.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Michael Shannon was incredibly entertaining in Premium Rush, as he usually is.

Thread Information