Page 60 of 238 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Skyfall - 9/10
    This movie should get nominated for best picture. Adele should definitely get an Oscar for the song in Skyfall.
    Speaking of Taxi Driver...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    A Dark Truth - 4/10. Good premise, but poorly written.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    Lincoln 8/10 - though it definitely helps that I'm a US history nerd and am about a third of a way through "Team of Rivals", the book the movie is nominally based on. Great John Williams score, too. Not for the thrill-a-minute, explosion-seeking types.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    The Hobbit part 1:
    6.5/10

New Zealand is still beautiful, the effects are stunning, and Serkis can still mo-cap act. But the movie was far too long for the suprisingly shallow character development and the amount of plot revealed. Also, the tone was inconsistent. If Bilbo is the main character (as the le suggests) they should have spent more time developing the character beyond a collection of Martin Freeman's best puzzled / confused / flustered reaction shots. Making the decision to go from two to three films should have been done months earlier to give the writing team time to refine the pacing and story issues.

Still better than most fantasy films out there but Jackson should be held to a higher standard.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Skyfall - 9/10
    This movie should get nominated for best picture. Adele should definitely get an Oscar for the song in Skyfall.
    I hope this is a joke... jesus christ

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    2 of the 6 songs from Drive are in that film

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Zero Dark Thirty - Bigelow milked the raid at the end for everything that it was worth. This movie didn't really connect with me on any level, like The Hurt Locker. It is definitely a lock for Best Picture at the Oscars, like The Hurtlocker.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Zero Dark Thirty - Bigelow milked the raid at the end for everything that it was worth. This movie didn't really connect with me on any level, like The Hurt Locker. It is definitely a lock for Best Picture at the Oscars, like The Hurtlocker.
    I was thinking of watching it but sort of figured it was one to watch on DVD, am I right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Django Unchained - 8.5/10. ing loved it!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I was thinking of watching it but sort of figured it was one to watch on DVD, am I right?
    I watched it at home, so I can't really comment on what format would be better. I will say that I couldn't tell what was going on half the time at the end because things were so dark.

Maybe the movie translates better on the big screen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched it at home, so I can't really comment on what format would be better. I will say that I couldn't tell what was going on half the time at the end because things were so dark.

Maybe the movie translates better on the big screen.
    Thought that might be a problem, I'll give it a miss

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Pennies From Heaven - 1981
    Lost masterpiece, Steve Martin's best screen performance IMO.
    9/10
    Last edited by Capt Bringdown; 01-06-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Pennies From Heaven - 1981
    Lost masterpiece, Steve Martin's best screen performance IMO.
    9/10
    Great ing film. One of my all time favorites. And very similar in a number of ways to New York, New York, number one on my list, which was also hugely unsuccessful at its release and which has since remained underrated.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Hobbit - 6/10
    Special effects were inconsistent but it doesn't seem right to knock the movie for that when it was made for 3D, and the fps ... just watch the standard version and avoid the gimmicks. A large portion of the action carried no weight and changes in settings during the journey weren't very cohesive. It felt like an action movie (e.g. Avengers) instead of an epic (e.g. LOTR trilogy) many times. The mountain scene was oddly placed and lacked any sense of consequence. The transition from the Goblin King/Gollum to the Pale Orc blended into one long action packed ending. Character development wasn't focused enough for me to care about Thorin in the end. McKellen and Freeman were fantastic. The world was beautiful and I enjoyed the addition of the Appendices/Silmarillion lore. Acting was great. Gollum was a highlight.

Les Miserables - 6.5/10
    Very ambitious to have the actors sing live instead of lip-sync. It provided great spontaneity and emotion. That being said, Valjean's origin loses it's poetic meaning and the revolutionaries in Act II look like fools more than heroes. I think things come off like that because there's a loss of atmosphere that you find on stage and gets lost in translation here in the movie. Borat's and Helena Bonham's characters shouldn't have been in the movie.

Django Unchained - 8/10
    Most entertaining movie of the year, imo. Christoph followed up Inglorious with another awesome performance. Foxx and DiCaprio were memorable too. Lots of memorable scenes and funny nods to the old spaghetti westerns if you keep an eye out for that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also just watched looped, man that was a good movie. It had some balls.
    Although I gotta be honest, I wish they didn't put that makeup and on JGL to try and make him look like bruce willis.... I don't think the audience really needed that extra push to believe they were the same after that time lapse, and it just looked weird and took away from JGL good looks.

Oh and if by any chance one of you come across a movie called the odd life of timothy green... don't ing watch it.
    What a tear jerker ;-;

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looper 8.6/10 Good movie

End of Watch 9/10 Watched this for the 3rd time already, ending still gets me lol

Django 9/10 Surpassed my expectations (My expectations weren't too high though). Very entertaining. Is there anything Leo isn't good at?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

End of Watch 9/10 Watched this for the 3rd time already, ending still gets me lol

Django 9/10 Surpassed my expectations (My expectations weren't too high though). Very entertaining. Is there anything Leo isn't good at?
    Agreed with both of these, I need to see End of Watch again - I probably missed things with the camera work

Manu Ginobili's bald spot chapnis's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Pittsburgh Panthers
    Killer Joe - 7/10.

Good movie but weird as .

Name
    Bruno
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Hobbit - 7.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Agreed with both of these, I need to see End of Watch again - I probably missed things with the camera work
    Yea, it's definitely a film I won't get tired of anytime soon. I wonder if they'll have a directors cut available on Blu Ray. I hope it gets some kind of love at the awards.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yea, it's definitely a film I won't get tired of anytime soon. I wonder if they'll have a directors cut available on Blu Ray. I hope it gets some kind of love at the awards.
    I highly doubt it will but I hope too. I don't think I've ever cared more about two characters in a movie that had only 100 minutes to develop them, very well done

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Django Unchained 8/10

Shamelessly funny.

That mansion shootout scene was right out of a video game. Endless spawning enemies coming out of nowhere. Hilarious.

SpUrsFan4EteRniTy! howbouthemspurs's Avatar
    Name
    Arnold
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Django 9.5/10 ... Such an awesome and entertaining movie! I think Leonardo DiCaprio should be a shoe in for best supporting actor at the Oscars! His performance was amazing!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Great ing film. One of my all time favorites. And very similar in a number of ways to New York, New York, number one on my list, which was also hugely unsuccessful at its release and which has since remained underrated.
    Haven't seen NY,NY, thanks for the tip.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Impossible 8/10

Recommend to family and friends tbh.

Thread Information