Page 68 of 238 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Once upon a time in Anatolia - 7/10

Very highbrow film that the average film go'er probably wouldn't enjoy. Very long and slow but intriguing at the same time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Sunset Boulevard has to be the strangest Film Noir I have seen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Badass with Danny Treo.
    It's a dude movie 6.9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Would have never thought A "B" movie would be so good.

The Man from Earth (2007). Watched it on Netflix. 9/10. No special effects, shot in one location, but a fantastic storyline.
    Seriously.

Has anyone taken the time to watch "The Man from Earth?"

Maybe I'm odd... yes... plenty of people will say that...

But...

I think it was an absolutely great movie. Maybe I should have said 10/10, but I never give a 10.
    I read that Jerome Bixby completed the script on his deathbed. As a screenwriter/director myself, I find this very interesting. I'll try to watch it later today if I can find the time, hopefully it's still on Netflix.
    Yeah, I've seen it. I think I ranked it about a 7/10. Good movie. Interestingly. there was a TOS Star Trek episode that was eerily similar. Looked it up on IMDB, and the writer of The Man From Earth, Jerome Bixby, also wrote the Star Trek episode I was thinking of.
    I'm sure even more of you think I'm odd now. Seriously though, in my opinion, this is one of the best films ever when it comes to the storyline. I ordered this in both BluRay and DVD to share with coworkers and friends who don't have Netflix.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Visual Acoustics - The Modernism of Julius Shulman -2008

Visual Acoustics celebrates the life and career of Julius Shulman, the world's greatest architectural photographer, whose images brought modern architecture to the American mainstream...

Don't let the academic-sounding le turn you off, this is an accessible and entertaining general-interest do entary about a great American. If you've got even a passing interest in photography and/or architecture, this is a must see.
    Narrated by Dustin Hoffman
    9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Beasts of the Southern Wild - 6/10

Rented it then read reviews then thought it was going to suck. But it wasn't bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm sure even more of you think I'm odd now. Seriously though, in my opinion, this is one of the best films ever when it comes to the storyline. I ordered this in both BluRay and DVD to share with coworkers and friends who don't have Netflix.

My bad, I actually meant to post about it. I saw it, off of your reccomendation. I did like it a lot.

Really interesting all the answers he had for everything. Not sure the rating I wanna give it yet, but I like it very much.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Identify Thief 7/10 I laughed alot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Alex Cross - 2/5
    M. Fox from Party of Five stole the show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Beasts of the Southern Wild - 6/10

Rented it then read reviews then thought it was going to suck. But it wasn't bad.

i recently saw this as well.

i give it a 8/10.

i wouldn't mind vacationing in the bathtub.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i recently saw this as well.

i give it a 8/10.

i wouldn't mind vacationing in the bathtub.
    Yeah...I probably could have given it a 7. I wasn't expecting much from it based on the reviews, so for the first half I was working on my laptop (it's like a really portable computer).
    I wish I had paid better attention from the start.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    yea i need to watch it again.

i thought it was going to be a chick flick but it was pleasantly surprised.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yea i need to watch it again.

i thought it was going to be a chick flick but it was pleasantly surprised.
    Same. I rented it based on 4 and 5 star ratings. But then my wife asked what it was about and I saw this description:

Hushpuppy, an intrepid six-year-old girl, lives with her father, Wink, in the Bathtub, a southern Delta community at the edge of the world. Wink's tough love prepares her for the unraveling of the universe; for a time when he's no longer there to protect her. When Wink contracts a mysterious illness, nature flies out of whack, temperatures rise, and the ice caps melt, unleashing an army of prehistoric creatures called aurochs. With the waters rising, the aurochs coming, and Wink's health fading, Hushpuppy goes in search of her lost mother.
    So I was like WTF.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Cool Hand Luke

It had it all, great cast, great music, great look and feel. The total package. Without question.....A+

One of the great scenes in moviedom history.

And the very best moment of this film? The last frame:::the "photoshopped" photograph of Luke & the two bar girls has been retrieved from the trash can and taped back together. The possibility of this event taking place, but, most importantly the writer/producer/director lodging it is a transcending moment in this motion picture.

Paranoid
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Flight - 7/10

Hollywood'y but interesting story and left me with thoughts re: his character
    That's the last movie I saw as well and I'm not sure what to think about it, I enjoy Denzel in anything and the crash was great but ultimately what came after that was mostly underwhelming. 6/10

Also watched Cloud Atlas recently, pretty good surprise. I'm not even sure it was a great movie but I liked how inventive it was, it's very hard to follow every story tho, they probably went a bit too far with the concept but give me that kind of bold film-making any day over the safe and boring Clint Eastwood wannabe stuff that won Affleck an Oscar. 7.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    "Road to Perdition."
    Story,directing,soundtrack,acting....top notch.
    9/10
    Maybe my favorite Hanks film....but not quite my favorite Sam Mendez film. American Beauty is slightly better IMO. 10/10

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    "A Shock to the System" from 1990 featuring Michael Caine, Swoosie Kurtz and Elizabeth McGovern. This is choice stuff here. Caine plays a man who takes quite a bit from many sides before breaking free---then spends the rest of the film exacting vengeance without conscience. This baits you in and leaves you satisfied.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    s' Glory

All I can say is lol.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Some movie with Jackie Chan and Jennifer Love Hewitt

1/10

But I dont care, its Jackie ing Chan !

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    His Way - 2011
    A look at the professional, political and personal life of legendary movie producer Jerry Weintraub featuring interviews with friends, family and colleagues.

This film is essentially an infomercial for Mr Weintraub's extravagant wealth and limitless self-regard. One of the themes of the film is that Jerry can sell anything, and as you watch this film you slowly realize that you have been had - this is not a do entary, but a vanity puff piece. Still, I like movies about Hollywood, so I found it somewhat enjoyable.
    5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Antichrist... hmm

Has anyone seen?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Batman Returns 7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Undertow - 2004
    The Munns, father John and sons Chris and Tim, recede to the woods of rural Georgia. Their life together is forever changed with the arrival of Uncle Deel, though the tragedy that follows ...

Quirky, low-key but uneven - at times it was hard to maintain interest. Yet ultimately a worthwhile viewing experience. Terrence Malick was one of the executive producers, and his influence is apparent onscreen. Philip Glass scored the film as well.
    7/10

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Undertow - 2004
    The Munns, father John and sons Chris and Tim, recede to the woods of rural Georgia. Their life together is forever changed with the arrival of Uncle Deel, though the tragedy that follows ...

Quirky, low-key but uneven - at times it was hard to maintain interest. Yet ultimately a worthwhile viewing experience. Terrence Malick was one of the executive producers, and his influence is apparent onscreen. Philip Glass scored the film as well.
    7/10
    Uneven, yes, but quite compelling, I thought. I like it better when David Gordon Green makes stuff like this, George Washington, and Snow Angels than when he makes stuff like Pineapple Express and Your Highness.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Antichrist... hmm

Has anyone seen?
    May have.

But its probably not as bad as 11-11-11

I like movies that centers around angels vs satan and his minions so I get tricked into watching alot of abortions passed for movies. What can I say.

Thread Information