Page 69 of 238 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    LOL...

Iron Sky. Good for what it is. Set in 2018, they don't say it, but Palin is president. The Nazi's on the Moon invade earth.

Fake in many ways, but it wasn't meant to be accurate.

7/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Gran Torino - 2008

Finally got around to watching this. No surprises. Clint does a good job working through a predictable premise. Not much else there, however. Corny. Fake.
    3/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Gran Torino - 2008

Finally got around to watching this. No surprises. Clint does a good job working through a predictable premise. Not much else there, however. Corny. Fake.
    3/10
    Have to disagree but I am a major Clint fan

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    They had "Boogie Nights" on the IFC last nite. So I DVR'ed even though I have the DVD. What a terrific film. Totally enjoyable. Cheadle lights this film.

I'm starting over and going to watch it again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Endless Night -1972
    70's adaption of a Agatha Christie novel from the UK. Ticked a lot of my boxes: Bernard Hermann score, psychological thriller, gorgeous scenery (English lake district) and ladies (Britt Ekland and Hayley Mills). An enjoyable Saturday afternoon kind of movie.
    7/10
    Last edited by Capt Bringdown; 03-10-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    May have.

But its probably not as bad as 11-11-11

I like movies that centers around angels vs satan and his minions so I get tricked into watching alot of abortions passed for movies. What can I say.
    The main character cuts her clit off and shows it... not really demonic though

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jack Reacher 5/10

What a bore, predictible and generic.

Definitely would like my two hours back.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    May have.

But its probably not as bad as 11-11-11

I like movies that centers around angels vs satan and his minions so I get tricked into watching alot of abortions passed for movies. What can I say.
    Any good ones to suggest?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Other than the Omen and the original exorcist I couldnt possibly make you watch most of these movies I have watched.

Nothing made post 70s is worth watching imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Other than the Omen and the original exorcist I couldnt possibly make you watch most of these movies I have watched.

Nothing made post 70s is worth watching imo.
    I'll try watching the Omen thnx

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll try watching the Omen thnx
    I realize they made a remake of the original. Dont watch that one. lol

They're 3 films in total, I think you'll like them. The first two are pretty engaging, the last one is good but as sequels often go it doesnt really measure up to the others.

Name
    Frank Dux
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The new Die Hard movie. aka Turd Sandwich the movie. 1/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Prophecy - 1995
    With Christopher Walken.
    http://www.imdb.com/ le/tt0114194/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    V/H/S - 5/10

Was told this movie was so scary that I had to watch it. Other than the last short story, the whole movie was meh. The movie does not make sense at all. Mainly who uses VHS tapes these days to record a Skype session?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Argo - 8/10
    Better than expected. I heard they took a lot of liberties with the actual story but as a movie with it's own story (wheter real or not), it was well done. And even though I knew the outcome of the final scene, he still managed to build the tension and excitement.

End of Watch - 8/10
    Really good. Although I thought it ended too quickly.
    Thought that it would have been better with a more established actor than Pena. Possibly Nick Cage or Chris Klein.

silverblk mystix
    Argo - 8/10
    Better than expected. I heard they took a lot of liberties with the actual story but as a movie with it's own story (wheter real or not), it was well done. And even though I knew the outcome of the final scene, he still managed to build the tension and excitement.

End of Watch - 8/10
    Really good. Although I thought it ended too quickly.
    Thought that it would have been better with a more established actor than Pena. Possibly Nick Cage or Chris Klein.
    For once I agree with you. I like Pena, no doubt, but I couldn't ever feel convinced he was cop material. Just fell short - no pun intended.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For once I agree with you. I like Pena, no doubt, but I couldn't ever feel convinced he was cop material. Just fell short - no pun intended.
    Yep. I know what they were trying to do but it was pretty unrealistic to try to force the issue of a Mexican cop. They could have used Cage as the main cop and mentor and then Gyllenhaal as the rookie cop. Maybe even make Cage a little dirty so that Gyllenhaal has to struggle with the required lost innocence of becoming an LA cop. Pena with the whole Mexican family thing and wife...kind of hard to believe. Only real problem I had with this otherwise excellent movie.

silverblk mystix
    Yep. I know what they were trying to do but it was pretty unrealistic to try to force the issue of a Mexican cop. They could have used Cage as the main cop and mentor and then Gyllenhaal as the rookie cop. Maybe even make Cage a little dirty so that Gyllenhaal has to struggle with the required lost innocence of becoming an LA cop. Pena with the whole Mexican family thing and wife...kind of hard to believe. Only real problem I had with this otherwise excellent movie.
    I did appreciate the -two buds bonding on and off duty - and the same age/different ethnicities angle -and -honestly - there isn't enough latino positive roles either -

but I digress..

It was just that Pena didn't nail the "tough" part...Nitpicking - I know - but something was just a little unsatisfactory. The scene where he took off his duty belt and his partner "watched" him fight - was just bull - would never happen and would get him fired immediately...but it is hollywood and I had to swallow - the suspension of disbelief pill.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I did appreciate the -two buds bonding on and off duty - and the same age/different ethnicities angle -and -honestly - there isn't enough latino positive roles either -

but I digress..

It was just that Pena didn't nail the "tough" part...Nitpicking - I know - but something was just a little unsatisfactory. The scene where he took off his duty belt and his partner "watched" him fight - was just bull - would never happen and would get him fired immediately...but it is hollywood and I had to swallow - the suspension of disbelief pill.
    one thing that I thought they should have done away with was that he was filming everything and that they were wearing cameras. It really never entered in to the plot and seemed like just an excuse for the different camera angles. Which they could have done anyway and not explained anything.

silverblk mystix
    one thing that I thought they should have done away with was that he was filming everything and that they were wearing cameras. It really never entered in to the plot and seemed like just an excuse for the different camera angles. Which they could have done anyway and not explained anything.
    Agreed on that too.

I guess they wanted the "in your face reality" with the cams but it didn't really add anything imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Breaking Dawn II - 2.5/5

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I realize they made a remake of the original. Dont watch that one. lol

They're 3 films in total, I think you'll like them. The first two are pretty engaging, the last one is good but as sequels often go it doesnt really measure up to the others.
    I like the first two. Peck & Remick are fine in 1. I remember when it first came out they played a commercial with the clown looking up to the nanny's suicide. If they played that once, it was played a thousand times. Billie Whitelaw lights the film as the new nanny who is an agent of the devil.

Holden & Lee Grant are also very serviceable in 2. 2 breaks down a little, but, not much. The youngster playing Damien is a bad actor and they don't know quite what to do with him from time-to-time. And then it hurries at the end like they ran out of money. It ends abruptly. But, the frigid, winter scenes in the train yard are so well done.

I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with 3.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I've been watching "Open Range" on the cable quite a bit. I DVR'ed it and have been perusing it in bits & pieces quite a bit. It grows on ya. Usually I can take Costner for about 5 minutes, but, here, here he gets off the snide and is [different]. Duvall is standard fare. The bad guys are fleshed out nicely with James Russo even taking to playing the fiddle in a scene that was a nice surprise. It gets convoluted AFTER the big gunfight, but, it's still invigorating.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I also DVR'ed "Meet Joe Black." I have it on the shelf, but, it's nice having it otherwise. I love this film. Both Pitt & Claire Forlani are at prime here. The movie takes it's time from the first second to the final frame and I appreciate that. Marcia Gay Haden (as the eldest daughter) has a plum role and she rolls with it, providing the motion picture with integrity in an otherwise ridiculous premise.

The ending is the treat. On a fine theater sound system it's magnificent as the fireworks display, the M'80s igniting is rendered in spectacular fashion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    "OZ.."

My family and I liked it. 8.5/10

Thread Information