Page 77 of 238 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    lol still watching Michael Bay movies. I learned my lesson after Pearl Harbor. Never forget.
    Never even saw that one

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Never even saw that one
    2 hours of Affleck and Hartnett fighting over that vampire chick then 1 hour of Cuba Gooding Jr firing a machine gun at in the Armors.

Name
    Bruno
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Iron Man 3 - 8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Pain & Gain: 7.5/10. Have to agree - I had no idea it was a Michael Bay film until the ending credits.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Story of PI -

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Texas Chainsaw 1/10

Haven't seen a movie this bad in years.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ironman III, I'll give it an 8 and I 'll see in about ...hmmmmmm?....16 hours from now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Very disappointed in IM3. Not terrible but quite easily the worst of the 3.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Very disappointed in IM3. Not terrible but quite easily the worst of the 3.
    Shcoker!!

They're tagging this one as the best Iron Man movie of all time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I knew something was up with Iron Man 3 the moment I heard the narration. This movie is so tonally different from the other Iron Man movies that it's jarring. I can't imagine watching all three back-to-back, because how different the third one is would be even more distracting . While the jokes weren't unfunny, they felt completely out of place most of the time. The whole thing just felt weird, and the tint from the ty 3-D glasses I wore (I don't know why I paid $17 dollars to watch a blurrier, darker version of the film) didn't help.

The first part was most Iron Man-like. Then Stark's house gets blown up and he goes wandering around Tennessee. The movie then becomes Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with a weird kid and lava people. Throughout all of this, I wonder, "Where's War Machine?" Then I think, "Where's Pepper Potts?" Then, I think, "Where's everybody who isn't Tony Stark?" I think the entire plot is just an excuse for Robert Downey Jr. to vainly show his face, because that's what he does. For the majority of the movie, he's either putting on an Iron Man suit, switching suits, or not wearing a suit at all. The entire climax is him switching suits, and while I think him building three dozen new suits makes sense in context, it lessens the value of the suits as a whole when they are so easily destroyed by Lava Guy Pearce and his lava henchmen. I miss the third suit from the first film. Every subsequent suit looks worse and worse. I would give a more in-depth opinion on the new, predominantly gold suit, but it is so seldom seen in its entirety that it would be kind of pointless. Basically, the gold looks stupid.

Speaking of the villains, I'm not going to even pretend that the Extremis virus made any kind of sense. I'm not going to even pretend that any of the "science" in this Sci-Fi movie made sense (or even attempted to makes sense). At least the first two movies got from point A to point B from a scientific standpoint, even if it was all bull . Iron Man 3 is just random, fire-breathing lava people with super strength. Ben Kingsley was entertaining. If I actually cared about The Mandarin in anyway, I'd probably be butthurt about how he was handled. But since I don't, I think the twist was okay, even though it was kinda done last year in a certain other superhero movie. Hopefully, that doesn't become the standard in action movies now.

tl;dr: Iron Man 3 = Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Val Kilmer + Weird Kid + Uncharted + MacGyver + Lava People + The Guard, with Iron Man suits occasionally making appearances. It's not a bad movie, but it's not an Iron Man movie. It's like Live Free or Die Hard: it's good, but it doesn't fit in with the rest of the movies in the series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    There were many loose threads in Zero Dark Thirty but the last hour was where the action was at. 7.5/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    watch the live action of GANTZ 1 + 2, very similar to the matrix trilogy fighting in an alternate world can come in and out of that dimension as long they achieve the mission...final boss looked like his fkn immortal when he couldve taken out all the good guys on his own..

going to dl and read the manga version which has +380 chapters and continue releasing each week...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I knew something was up with Iron Man 3 the moment I heard the narration. This movie is so tonally different from the other Iron Man movies that it's jarring. I can't imagine watching all three back-to-back, because how different the third one is would be even more distracting . While the jokes weren't unfunny, they felt completely out of place most of the time. The whole thing just felt weird, and the tint from the ty 3-D glasses I wore (I don't know why I paid $17 dollars to watch a blurrier, darker version of the film) didn't help.

The first part was most Iron Man-like. Then Stark's house gets blown up and he goes wandering around Tennessee. The movie then becomes Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with a weird kid and lava people. Throughout all of this, I wonder, "Where's War Machine?" Then I think, "Where's Pepper Potts?" Then, I think, "Where's everybody who isn't Tony Stark?" I think the entire plot is just an excuse for Robert Downey Jr. to vainly show his face, because that's what he does. For the majority of the movie, he's either putting on an Iron Man suit, switching suits, or not wearing a suit at all. The entire climax is him switching suits, and while I think him building three dozen new suits makes sense in context, it lessens the value of the suits as a whole when they are so easily destroyed by Lava Guy Pearce and his lava henchmen. I miss the third suit from the first film. Every subsequent suit looks worse and worse. I would give a more in-depth opinion on the new, predominantly gold suit, but it is so seldom seen in its entirety that it would be kind of pointless. Basically, the gold looks stupid.

Speaking of the villains, I'm not going to even pretend that the Extremis virus made any kind of sense. I'm not going to even pretend that any of the "science" in this Sci-Fi movie made sense (or even attempted to makes sense). At least the first two movies got from point A to point B from a scientific standpoint, even if it was all bull . Iron Man 3 is just random, fire-breathing lava people with super strength. Ben Kingsley was entertaining. If I actually cared about The Mandarin in anyway, I'd probably be butthurt about how he was handled. But since I don't, I think the twist was okay, even though it was kinda done last year in a certain other superhero movie. Hopefully, that doesn't become the standard in action movies now.

tl;dr: Iron Man 3 = Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Val Kilmer + Weird Kid + Uncharted + MacGyver + Lava People + The Guard, with Iron Man suits occasionally making appearances. It's not a bad movie, but it's not an Iron Man movie. It's like Live Free or Die Hard: it's good, but it doesn't fit in with the rest of the movies in the series.
    Yeah, I tried not to think "where is Shield?" but I couldn't help it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, I tried not to think "where is Shield?" but I couldn't help it.
    guy pearce lol...trying to troll like that agent smith acting all hard talking out of his ass playing mind games everytime the villain and hero face off....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I saw Les Miserables the other night.

Russell Crowe singing. Hugh Jackman singing.

what's not awesome about that besides everything

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Lincoln 6/10 - Interesting from a historical perspective, but a real snooze fest.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    watch the live action of GANTZ 1 + 2, very similar to the matrix trilogy fighting in an alternate world can come in and out of that dimension as long they achieve the mission...final boss looked like his fkn immortal when he couldve taken out all the good guys on his own..

going to dl and read the manga version which has +380 chapters and continue releasing each week...
    Damn, they're already two of them? Gotta watch them pronto.

The anime is hilarious. Specially the dubbed version.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Into The Wild 7/10

Good movie based on a real and sad event.

Whatever happened to that Emile Hirch dude.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Into The Wild 7/10

Good movie based on a real and sad event.

Whatever happened to that Emile Hirch dude.

I loved "Into the Wild". Very good soundtrack, too. Eddie Vedder.
    Hirsch starred in "Savages".

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I loved "Into the Wild". Very good soundtrack, too. Eddie Vedder.
    Hirsch starred in "Savages".
    Last movie I saw with him in was Alpha Dog. He made a bunch of movies in the mid 00s and then dissapeared. lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last movie I saw with him in was Alpha Dog. He made a bunch of movies in the mid 00s and then dissapeared. lol
    Didn't see that one. Worth watching? He was good in "Savages" and outstanding in "Into the Wild".

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Didn't see that one. Worth watching? He was good in "Savages" and outstanding in "Into the Wild".
    Yes I reccomend it.

Its also based on real life events. The movie is similar to Into the Wild in that both are young, reckless and who bites more then he could chew.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes I reccomend it.

Its also based on real life events. The movie is similar to Into the Wild in that both are young, reckless and who bites more then he could chew.
    Sounds good. I'll give it a try. Thx.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    watch gijoe2

pace went to quick, stupid one liners...

snake eyes had alot of good scenes, bad guys was lame didnt even put up a good fight or anything

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    watch gijoe2

pace went to quick, stupid one liners...

snake eyes had alot of good scenes, bad guys was lame didnt even put up a good fight or anything
    why you would waste time with that , i dont even know

Thread Information