Houston Rockets
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    because 4 out of 5 of the videos shown were good tbh

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Watched "Manny & Lo" last week, and it was a good film that was well worth the 30 hours that I spent downloading it imho, at least my goddess was the No.1 protagonist in that film and she was so cute back then She looked so small it was really hard to believe she was only 3 years younger than Lo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Watched Scoop last night and now I know why my Jacob was so obsessed with the Scarlett in that red swimming suit. A good movie overall, not the most classic one either by my goddess's or Woody's standard but it's still worth watching, and watching again. And, my goddess in that red swimming suit was the sexist Scarlett my friend Jacob and I have ever seen.

If there's something I don't like about this film, it's Woody's excessive involvement in it. Woody is a great director/writer and he's funny as , but I still think the movie would've been even better if he had kept his card tricks and his Jewish accent away from the film, IMHO.

At the end of the film my goddess made a fool of Hugh Jackman's character, which's the part of this film that I like best, besides the goddess in red swimming suit of course, though I was having a hard time breathing after seeing her drowning in the lake until she reappeared with her hair and clothes totally saturated.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    World War Z- 7/10
    Same. Didn't grab me at all. Wasn't concerned for anyone in the film tbh. Didn't set it up right, poor character development, just had Pitt and a ton of CGI. That's how Hollywood is now though, big name, no game. Total waste of Pitt's talent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    watched IronMan 3 last night and I agree with most of you guys that this movie sucks, probably even worse than Rambo 4 and Captain America 1 tbh. Marvels studio will need to get my goddess back to rescue IronMan 4 as well as the series, if the series should still exist after the epic failure of Iron Man 3. Captain America 1 is but I'm expecting CA2 to hit some sort of success. My goddess never disappoints me, never.
    - IM 3 was good until that re ed Mandarin twist .... Favreau was in charge for the first 2 IM's, and he totally s on the got who made the 3rd one ... too bad... Kingsley was awesome and the intensity was pretty good until ........ Trevor

- CA1 wasnt that bad IMO, and Im not a bing fan of those Ummmurikaaaaaa movies

- CA2 is gonna be awesome; mark my words

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just saw "Oh Brother Where Art Thou".
    What a fantastic and funny flick.
    The Coen Brothers should have won Best Screenplay Oscar for that one!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    The fact is I'm gonna watch and like every movie casting my goddess (except those tiest ones like My brother the pig). CA2 won't achieve any bigger success than either of the previous two IronMan films, but certain it'll be much better than IM3 and CA2. CA2 will certainly be an upgrade over the prior CA film, just for my goddess's sake

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

This from the latest "under the skin" trailer, and yes, my goddess looks rather FAT!!! Get prepared to see a plump black widow in the avengers 2, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Gravity…Sandra Bullock…George Clooney… (Seriously only two people)
    Sensational…10…The sound track is phenomenal…
    Never too loud that it takes you out of the movie…

Never Give Up!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Place Beyond the Pines - 7/10

pretty good but they made too many unnecessary stretches to try to parallel the kids lives with the dads.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Prisoners...great movie. The crime drama mind bender is not dead after all. Probably Jackman's best performance to date.

8.5/10

Every hour is happy hour! ElBorracho's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Redemption. 3/5

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kwaidan 7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    watched "in good company" last night and of course, it was another film starring my goddess. besides, however, I was surprised to find another familiar face in that film- Agent Coulson It appeared he had less hair back then in "in good company" (released in 04) than he had in the Avengers, which was strange enough, maybe he had grown some hair back or had transplanted some pubic hair up to his head like Wayne Rooney did a while back. The part I liked best was when that jerk and goddess's made a clown of Agent Coulson at the end of the film, which was classic. The end of the movie was a sad one, imho, that jerk and my goddess loved each other but had to break up under her dad's pressure, but it seemed her dad had relinquished his repugnance against that guy when he made the phone call to him telling him about the birth of his new baby. It leaves the audience considerable room for imagination on their own, imho. Another great film by my goddess that should've won her some sort of award.
    Last edited by Rogue; 10-01-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    you're next 0/10

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Man of Tai Chi - 8 /10

I think people wrote this off when they heard Keanu Reeves directed it, but it is a really good martial arts fight film. The fights are well designed, and more importantly, well shot. No stupid shaky cam or quick cuts. The camera stays back, allowing us to really understand the geography of each fight. The attention and effort put into making good fights is evident, and there are a crap load of them.

bonus points for casting Iko Uwais, the lead from The Raid as one of the final fight opponents.
    Last edited by Mark in Austin; 10-02-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm getting overload from all the historical gangster movies and series I've seen. Right now I'm watching Hoodlum and it looks like Bumpy Johnson is unwittingly trying to kill his future self fromAmerican Gangster in some kind of weird Looper setup.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Star Trek Into Darkness 8/10 - I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Don't know what all the whining was about. Sure it had its minor issues, like all films, but overall was a great flick.

With that said, if Abrams wants to keep the nerd trek fans, he is gonna have to change the formula next film and tone it down. The action was great, slightly over the top in spots, in the first two. But a big part of Star Trek is the non-action drama / mystery. If the next movie is the same as the first two, he will lose the Trek nerds forever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Beasts of the Southern Wild - 8/10

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Beasts of the Southern Wild - 8/10
    I watched this and at first was also doing some work in the computer and was thinking what the . But eventually started paying attention to it. I need to see it again but 8/10 seems right.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Trance 9/10
    Has gotten a lot of interwebs hatred for being too hard to understand but I swear to God that's a testament to an internationally decreasing collective IQ rather than the film being .

Thread Information