Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    sons, I had the privilege of visiting DFW for an old friend of mine's wedding this past weekend. Granted, I have not lived in a US large city in a long time, but it felt like I was walking into an African third world country. Went to get gas in broad daylight in Addison, TX (what I thought was a nice area) and was greeted by 'Shaniqua' twerking in the parking lot and three African American gentlemen with their buttcracks showing, asking me for money before I even walked into the door.

In addition, there's panhandlers on every corner, break ins at every gated 'luxury' apartment community, fire truck/ambulance sirens going off all the time, helicopters circling at night etc...even the 'nice' areas that used to be good places to go for nightlife (Uptown, Addison, Deep Ellum, etc) you hear daily reports of shootings and stabbings all the time. Every store you walk in, the cultural rap hit, the "Stanky Leg", blares over every speaker. Factoring in the awful humidity, rapidly rising CoL, rise of remote work, awful public transportation system, endless urban sprawl, zero draw of any kind of natural or cultural setting that would bring in non- bag, career-centric s who only move to DFW because "muh good jobs" who create an unbearable bag "keeping up with the Joneses" culture, is DFW really any better than places like Lagos, Nigeria or Mogadishu, Somalia? With the rise of remote work, those two places may actually be more preferable these days. Seems like DFW may be unliveable in about 5 years or so

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Mogadishu is 99% Muslim. Plus, there's pirates. If you're white you get executed.

Lagos is a place to visit once in a lifetime, but it's a terrible place to live. Talk about oppressively hot and humid. You might actually get laid there and not get shot. But people swim in poop water there. It's still better than the northern half of Nigeria which is basically ISIS/Boko Haram territory where whitey will indeed get shot for sport or held for ransom.

If you told me I had to live in Africa, maybe I'd pick like the high mountainous areas of Madagascar by Antananarivo or somewhere like Nairobi in Kenya where the climate is mild and not scorching hot. Kenya is actually an English speaking country and Christian / pro-western to the extent where you could find a local wife if you wanted one. Not super sure on Malagasy but they're pretty open minded too. Somalia on the other hand is a no go.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Mogadishu is 99% Muslim. Plus, there's pirates. If you're white you get executed.

Lagos is a place to visit once in a lifetime, but it's a terrible place to live. Talk about oppressively hot and humid. You might actually get laid there and not get shot. But people swim in poop water there. It's still better than the northern half of Nigeria which is basically ISIS/Boko Haram territory where whitey will indeed get shot for sport or held for ransom.

If you told me I had to live in Africa, maybe I'd pick like the high mountainous areas of Madagascar by Antananarivo or somewhere like Nairobi in Kenya where the climate is mild and not scorching hot. Kenya is actually an English speaking country and Christian / pro-western to the extent where you could find a local wife if you wanted one. Not super sure on Malagasy but they're pretty open minded too. Somalia on the other hand is a no go.
    meh, better than dying by a thousand paper cuts and hearing "Stanky Leg" or whatever other rap song with the generic "bmm bmm bmm tssss tssss" snare drum beat everytime I leave my house ... either in a store or Jamal bumping his bass in his stolen Cadillac for all to hear

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    meh, better than dying by a thousand paper cuts and hearing "Stanky Leg" or whatever other rap song with the generic "bmm bmm bmm tssss tssss" snare drum beat everytime I leave my house ... either in a store or Jamal bumping his bass in his stolen Cadillac for all to hear
    What is this stanky leg thing I've been hearing about lately? Is that same one from the mid 2000s or something new? I can't seem to find it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    I was in Dallas Saturday, went to a convenience store in Deep Ellum. The door was a duct taped, spiderweb cracked mess. A homeless black guy threatened to kill the fat black cashier and threatened everyone in the store, then walked outside and started stomping roaches. I'd not drag Somalia into this.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I was in Dallas Saturday, went to a convenience store in Deep Ellum. The door was a duct taped, spiderweb cracked mess. A homeless black guy threatened to kill the fat black cashier and threatened everyone in the store, then walked outside and started stomping roaches. I'd not drag Somalia into this.
    Deep Ellum has long been the ghetto. I've met some very old timers that told me that back in their 'day' (like the 70s or 80s or whatever) that it was upscale and ritzy. I laugh every time because that's always been the complete opposite experience. Every time I'm around that area there's homeless black guys everywhere begging for cash for hamburgers or hot drugs *cough* meant hot dogs, and (mostly black) trannies in wigs trying to get straight dudes to pay to take them to bed.

It's literally like the south side of Chicago out there. And the nearby DART East Transfer Center... the glass in the building had so many bullet holes that the maintenance didn't have enough tape to keep up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Deep Ellum has long been the ghetto. I've met some very old timers that told me that back in their 'day' (like the 70s or 80s or whatever) that it was upscale and ritzy. I laugh every time because that's always been the complete opposite experience. Every time I'm around that area there's homeless black guys everywhere begging for cash for hamburgers or hot drugs *cough* meant hot dogs, and (mostly black) trannies in wigs trying to get straight dudes to pay to take them to bed.

It's literally like the south side of Chicago out there. And the nearby DART East Transfer Center... the glass in the building had so many bullet holes that the maintenance didn't have enough tape to keep up.
    "very old timers, like the 70's and 80's"

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    "very old timers, like the 70's and 80's"
    well, that was 40 and 50 years ago, so yes anyone who lived through those years and were of legal drinking age during those years would be very old by now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    well, that was 40 and 50 years ago, so yes anyone who lived through those years and were of legal drinking age during those years would be very old by now.
    70's maybe. You could be 21 in 89 and you'd be mid 50's now. Hardly "very old".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    What is this stanky leg thing I've been hearing about lately? Is that same one from the mid 2000s or something new? I can't seem to find it
    just the generic term for whatever sh!tty rap song is the craze these days…

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    just the generic term for whatever sh!tty rap song is the craze these days…
    Agreed, most rap is stupid

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Still "old timers" compared to us millennials who know nothing but the ghetto Deep Ellum.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Guaranteed that they have better drivers in Mogadishu tbh. Driving in Dallas is real life Mad Max Fury Road.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Low IQ MM is just like a 5-year-old that thinks anyone over 10 is old.

Am surprised his parents are not keeping a closer eye on him or supervising his web browsing activities.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Guaranteed that they have better drivers in Mogadishu tbh. Driving in Dallas is real life Mad Max Fury Road.
    yeah - out of the three, DFW, LA, and Atlanta, I've driven multiple times in all three metros, and they're all bad - but DFW has to be the worst because there's this culture that people believe that the traffic laws and speed limits are never enforced or enforceable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah - out of the three, DFW, LA, and Atlanta, I've driven multiple times in all three metros, and they're all bad - but DFW has to be the worst because there's this culture that people believe that the traffic laws and speed limits are never enforced or enforceable.
    Don't think it's possible to even get a speeding ticking in LA. Their freeway system is just a giant parking lot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Don't think it's possible to even get a speeding ticking in LA. Their freeway system is just a giant parking lot.
    Oh it's possible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is there a Fuzzy's Tacos in Mogadishu?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Or Rusty Taco or Velvet Taco? I'm super picky.
    Damn...is there a Rosa's?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I hate that place

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    In places like Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Eritrea etc they eat saucy and generally y meat dishes with their hands using this thin and honestly bizarre bread called injera. I had it one time in an authentic place like that in Michigan and it was kind of a weird experience, especially since they didn't have a restroom and had to use a clorox wipe from my trunk to wash my hands

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Atlanta is worse. DFW is often worse in some places, or it's just a madhouse of people going 90 MPH and changing 4 lanes in 4 seconds

LA metro, the thing that bothered me most was all the motorcycles speeding on the shoulders. Cali has to have by far the most motorcycles.
    Yep, try going 90+ through the LA suburbs on the 405 or 10 at like 2am-4am

California's enforcement for a blue state is actually pretty decent and better than Texas imo. I hate speeders, they belong on the speedways not on the roads or highways. I'm "that guy" who goes 65 in the rightmost lane that isn't exit-only.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In my second post, I meant to say I'm not super picky. I still go to Rosa's or any of those taco places. As long as they're not packed. In reality, you spend some money for a meal that takes roughly the same amount of time to eat.
    I had this exact same discussion with a friend that said Saltgrass was as good as DelFriscos or Pappas Brothers. And I said, "well..not really". But by the end of the conversation, I kind of agreed with him. They're close enough where I shouldn't give a the next day. Don't get me wrong. Having an awesome meal is nice once in a while but now we all go out to eat so much that it's diluted. When I was young, it was a treat to have dad take the family out. Now, that's all we do. And as I mentioned above, I still love Rosa's. For 's sake, don't make me buy a steak and they have to buy my sides separately.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    In my second post, I meant to say I'm not super picky. I still go to Rosa's or any of those taco places. As long as they're not packed. In reality, you spend some money for a meal that takes roughly the same amount of time to eat.
    I had this exact same discussion with a friend that said Saltgrass was as good as DelFriscos or Pappas Brothers. And I said, "well..not really". But by the end of the conversation, I kind of agreed with him. They're close enough where I shouldn't give a the next day. Don't get me wrong. Having an awesome meal is nice once in a while but now we all go out to eat so much that it's diluted. When I was young, it was a treat to have dad take the family out. Now, that's all we do. And as I mentioned above, I still love Rosa's. For 's sake, don't make me buy a steak and they have to buy my sides separately.
    Not bad points, but .... SA Mexican food (avoiding the chains) blows northern Texas Mexican food out of the water.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Ethiopian food is amazing. Taste of Ethiopia here in Austin and PF is fantastic.

Thread Information