Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Clint Eastwood reportedly directing Juror #2 as his final movie - IMDb

The project is a legal thriller currently led Juror #2, which is said to follow “a juror on a murder trial who realizes that he may have caused the victim’s death and must grapple with the dilemma of whether to manipulate the jury to save himself, or reveal the truth and turn himself in.” Eastwood is also said to be eyeing a young Hollywood star for the leading role.

As Eastwood hasn’t personally said anything about retiring, there’s always a chance that he might have another movie in him after this one

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This comes on the heels of covid era's box bomb "Cry Macho", which starred SpursforSix's mom as a plump but fiesty chicken battling and winning vs the forces of evil.

Was supposed to start at the 2:15 mark.
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 04-01-2023 at 02:18 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Clint Eastwood reportedly directing Juror #2 as his final movie - IMDb

The project is a legal thriller currently led Juror #2, which is said to follow “a juror on a murder trial who realizes that he may have caused the victim’s death and must grapple with the dilemma of whether to manipulate the jury to save himself, or reveal the truth and turn himself in.” Eastwood is also said to be eyeing a young Hollywood star for the leading role.

As Eastwood hasn’t personally said anything about retiring, there’s always a chance that he might have another movie in him after this one

, mother er is 92 years old. Compared to him, even Sean Connery would fit the description of "young Hollywood star" for the leading role.

Wait one, Sean is dead but then again, even dead he is livelier than Clint, so I am still good..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    , mother er is 92 years old. Compared to him, even Sean Connery would fit the description of "young Hollywood star" for the leading role.

Wait one, Sean is dead but then again, even dead he is livelier than Clint, so I am still good..
    I think Clint got enough criticism from Cry Macho and will make this a good one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10879627[/URL]]I think Clint got enough criticism from Cry Macho and will make this a good one.
    I hope it’s good. But Cry Macho was so terrible that I can’t believe he hasn’t lost it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At his age and physical condition, I highly doubt his name under the Director credit is anything more than a formality. He probably isn't doing any of the work himself. Besides that, his movies have been slipping for years and I wouldn't get my hopes up that this will be some masterpiece. He'd be better off spending his remaining time with his family.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At his age and physical condition, I highly doubt his name under the Director credit is anything more than a formality. He probably isn't doing any of the work himself. Besides that, his movies have been slipping for years and I wouldn't get my hopes up that this will be some masterpiece. He'd be better off spending his remaining time with his family.
    Mostly agree with you.
    Except i thought The Mule circa 2018 was excellent and would have been the best move for Clint to have bowed out on.

Do you think that while elderly, he knows Cry Macho was a bomb and a terrible way to go out? Thus as you suggested others are really directing this and it's just his name to try to undo the damage? I mean he's still going to be a legend.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mostly agree with you.
    Except i thought The Mule circa 2018 was excellent and would have been the best move for Clint to have bowed out on.

Do you think that while elderly, he knows Cry Macho was a bomb and a terrible way to go out? Thus as you suggested others are really directing this and it's just his name to try to undo the damage? I mean he's still going to be a legend.
    I'm not saying he'll have nothing to do with the movie, but he will likely have much more help from other individuals on the day-to-day shooting than a director normally would have. And I think he's way beyond caring how his movies are received. He's earned his place and he's just doing what he wants to do.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not saying he'll have nothing to do with the movie, but he will likely have much more help from other individuals on the day-to-day shooting than a director normally would have. And I think he's way beyond caring how his movies are received. He's earned his place and he's just doing what he wants to do.
    Yeah...but I assumed he at least watched Cry Macho before it was released. Is that what he wanted to do? Make a movie with a bad plot, bad acting, and terrible lines. I can't think of anything worse that he's been associated with.
    I just went through his directing credits and I was shocked at how many good/great movies he did. I had no idea that he directed 85% of those. There's not many bad movies in the list.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah...but I assumed he at least watched Cry Macho before it was released. Is that what he wanted to do? Make a movie with a bad plot, bad acting, and terrible lines. I can't think of anything worse that he's been associated with.
    I just went through his directing credits and I was shocked at how many good/great movies he did. I had no idea that he directed 85% of those. There's not many bad movies in the list.
    Read somewhere that many of the studio uppity ups and other management upper trash did get in trouble for being Yes Men / Yes Women / Yes they-them for not speaking out against Cry Macho as all the flaws were coming out in the early stages.

Clint after The Mule = Pop after Timmy Dunks and Prime Kwa got Zaza'd?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He was directing a movie starring himself playing a character that was probably supposed to be three decades younger than he really is. I'm sure he was just fine with it. He even had a love story.

I agree that he's a legend that has directed a ton of really good movies. But other than Cry Macho and The Mule, he's fallen into a string of biopics... none of them all that noteworthy. And some are pretty bad (15:17 to Paris). I also feel like throughout his career, he's benefitted from selecting strong scripts and having a solid crew behind him. He's always been a fairly minimalist director (not that there's anything wrong with that), but his instincts are obviously not what they once were.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I also feel like throughout his career, he's benefitted from selecting strong scripts and having a solid crew behind him. He's always been a fairly minimalist director (not that there's anything wrong with that), but his instincts are obviously not what they once were.
    Numerous actors, and not just celeb s with peanut butter and gender changing medicine between their ears have said Clint is awesome at letting them be themselves and giving creative acting freedom.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I actually liked Cry Macho, but it was as anticlimactic as it gets for an action movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Numerous actors, and not just celeb s with peanut butter and gender changing medicine between their ears have said Clint is awesome at letting them be themselves and giving creative acting freedom.
    That's partly what I meant by minimalist. He always shot fast with very few takes. He didn't over think or over stylize anything, just trusted others to do their jobs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's partly what I meant by minimalist. He always shot fast with very few takes. He didn't over think or over stylize anything, just trusted others to do their jobs.
    Yeah...and this is fine. I don't think anyone is knocking Clint. He's a bus driver. And if he gets the right script and cast, he usually makes it work. That being said, I don't know that he deserved his Oscars for Unforgiven and Million Dollar Baby. They were both good films but I'm not sure they were anything special. I'd have to go back and see what they were up against.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah...and this is fine. I don't think anyone is knocking Clint. He's a bus driver. And if he gets the right script and cast, he usually makes it work. That being said, I don't know that he deserved his Oscars for Unforgiven and Million Dollar Baby. They were both good films but I'm not sure they were anything special. I'd have to go back and see what they were up against.
    Million Dollar Baby was good... but probably one of those movies that wouldn't have won in a different year. Unforgiven absolutely deserved to win though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Million Dollar Baby was good... but probably one of those movies that wouldn't have won in a different year. Unforgiven absolutely deserved to win though.
    yeah...looking at 1993, it was against The Crying Game, Howard's End (didn't see), The Player (didn't see), and Scent of a Woman.
    Although not nominated were Glengarry Glen Ross, A Few Good Men, My Cousin Vinny. I liked Unforgiven but to me it wasn't a great movie. Imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    not nominated .... A Few Good Men.
    Hollywood

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    New Mexico Lobos
    Got to hand it to ol' Clint for still being functional at all at his age. These days most Americans his age are either dead or brain-dead from the crap we eat in this country.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wow, not only directing but acting?

Clint Eastwood's Juror #2 set to film in Savannah, Georgia and LA | KFTV

* was set to begin in June but writers strike may delay.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    There is a Juror 1 ?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There is a Juror 1 ?
    Yes.
    Your mother refers to him as Pounder.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They're speculating but:

However, there is a good chance that Juror No. 2 will be released within the first half of 2024.
    Clint Eastwood's 'Juror No. 2' - Everything We Know About the Icon's Final Film (collider.com)

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    They're speculating but:

However, there is a good chance that Juror No. 2 will be released within the first half of 2024.
    Clint Eastwood's 'Juror No. 2' - Everything We Know About the Icon's Final Film (collider.com)
    He ransacked that Locke girl, left her in a heap and got clean away with it, because MSM chose him instead of her.

In for penny.
    In for pound.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Yes.
    Your mother refers to him as Pounder.
    underrated comment

Thread Information