Page 154 of 238 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Tried it. Terrible.

Took way to long for things to pick up. Almost 40 minutes in before Shazam to show up (the young one) and then it became a teenage comedy from there on. Couldn't finish.
    Lol I watched Spiderman homecoming again and realized just how superior the MCU is even to DCs best attempt at a light hearted super hero movie.

I think it's still worth popcorn tho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Does the Indian have a white love interest?
    Of course.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Spider Man Into the Multi Verse 9/10

Didn't think I would enjoy it much since it was an animated movie but wow was I wrong. It was funny but serious, good plot and the actors all did a good job with their voice performance.
    That's kind of where I'm at. Just hard for me to click Play on an animated movie. But all I hear is how great it is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    That's a Pass for me

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Taxi Driver 7/10

A little drawn out but still good.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Been watching TUBI a lot. Came up with a decent one this evening.---Kalamity---2010 with Nick Stahl whom I've always enjoyed.

Nothing top shelf mind you, but, it is watchable. Moves quick, sometimes defying logic, but, you'll forgive it this trespass. It's grim business all along the line. A nice throw-a-way scene in a stereo store involving just a walk on. Good work there.

Concerns the end of love & the immediate reaction & lethal aftermath to that ending. You can see it coming from the pool side meet with such clarity.

---

Also caught the tried & true---King of New York---'90 with Walken vs. NYPD in a life & death struggle to the bitter end. Walken carries it, but, the black-blood-feud here twixt Snipes & Fishburne is absolutely sublime. Hi-grade entertainment. I love it so.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Taxi Driver 7/10

A little drawn out but still good.
    Travis & Betsy like that. She actually bites on his outrageously adorable advance. She's wary, but, willing. She really is. & it's going pretty good, no matter how many times one sees it. Sometimes, I'll be honest, Recky, I switch it off just before they get to that theater & portend they never stopped.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Watched a real sick one today---Forced Move---on TUBI from '15. Had the NR rating so I knew better but sat down to it nonetheless. At one point I had to FF thru some torture scenes. & the torture started late in this. Before it started it was building, but, the film was still serviceable & I wanted to see how it would finally manifest itself.

Grim business.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    was really disappointed in fargo... surprised it was so acclaimed... i guess cause it was so different from other movies at the time?

everyone's dumb, accent is overplayed, thought it was slow and plodding. 6 / 10 at best... not big on burn after reading but i'd rather watch that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Once Upon A Time in Hollywood - now this is how to subvert expectations. I thought the movie would just...end, but that's not how Tarantino does things. The finale was hilarious and awesome.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    Once upon a time in Hollywood was an instant classic. Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio at the top of their games. Margot Robbie is absolutely stunning. Tarantino put me through all 7 emotions tonight, like only he could...Its why he's the greatest.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Once Upon a Time In Hollywood - What the was that? It’s the most bizarre, meandering, pointless movie I’ve maybe ever seen, and I loved every second of it.
    Dozed on & off the first hour. Once it got to & out of Spahn Ranch it lit nicely. Highlight? The death car:::The Krenwinkle girl & Tex in the front seat. Tarantino should've stayed right- in'-there another 30 seconds & used slo mo the entire scene. They used the correct gun there.

In a nuts ? Cathartic

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dozed on & off the first hour. Once it got to & out of Spahn Ranch it lit nicely. Highlight? The death car:::The Krenwinkle girl & Tex in the front seat. Tarantino should've stayed right- in'-there another 30 seconds & used slo mo the entire scene. They used the correct gun there.

In a nuts ? Cathartic
    Old man, I'm impressed you still hit the theaters. I haven't been to one in years.

I have gotten lazy and just wait for the movies to come to me via streaming sites and whatnot. Cheaper too.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I ing hate hearing this tbh. There is still nothing better than seeing a great movie in theaters. Netflix, the internet, Al Gore, etc for ruining this for real cinephiles. Rarely do I get this cinematic experience anymore. I have to constantly sit through MCU bull to enjoy a night at the movies.
    Last time I went to one I didn't particularly had a good time. I drew a re ed crowd who wouldn't shut their geek mouth up whenever something cool looking happened or when a particular character threw out a cheesy one liner. Think it was one of the Marvel movies, not sure which at this point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I ing hate hearing this tbh. There is still nothing better than seeing a great movie in theaters. Netflix, the internet, Al Gore, etc for ruining this for real cinephiles. Rarely do I get this cinematic experience anymore. I have to constantly sit through MCU bull to enjoy a night at the movies.
    how is it ruined for you, though? can't you still go see all the movies you want in theaters?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I’m betting a lot of the old school Hollywood faithful loved seeing the Manson Family get their s kicked in.
    Living with that 50 years Americans needed it, mono.

I think the worse part of the slaughter was the Folger girl finally giving in:::"I won't fight anymore. Just kill me."

& I could not imagine Tarantino having that in him. He hasn't had that kind of selflessness, "warmth" & heart since "True Romance."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Old man, I'm impressed you still hit the theaters. I haven't been to one in years.

I have gotten lazy and just wait for the movies to come to me via streaming sites and whatnot. Cheaper too.
    My son took his mother & I today. I haven't went since he took me to "The Hateful Eight" at release. Such garbage out there. I too just watch the cable, and TUBI has been a Godsend, beats Netflix all to .

But, today was special. We came back to house and talked about the movie for almost 2 hours!

& Pitt's character was a grand fellow. He was a just man. The tell? When he saw "Pussy" hitchhiking North when he was heading South, he did not U-turn to knock that piece. He had restraint. Usually (film) will with a character like him, but, Tarantino started out straight with him & kept it straight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It’s the shared experience, Philo. Part of the reason I loved Superbad so much was seeing it in a packed house with everyone going ape . Booksmart deserved that treatment, but because it didn’t feature Chris Evans in a supersuit, so nobody gave a and just waited for it to drop on Netflix.
    sounds boring tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

tbh movies are also getting more expensive though, which only doubles down the incentive to stay home and enjoy a streaming service. depending on where you live, a single movie theater ticket will cost more than a month of netflix

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i'm sorry your movie going experiences have gotten sadder.

maybe instead you can go clubbing with DAF's bros on weekends

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who's this alt? Derp or dmc?

His overuse of philo kinds of gives it away.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Who's this alt? Derp or dmc?

His overuse of philo kinds of gives it away.
    alt? its ing mono

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It’s the shared experience, Philo. Part of the reason I loved Superbad so much was seeing it in a packed house with everyone going ape . Booksmart deserved that treatment, but because it didn’t feature Chris Evans in a supersuit, so nobody gave a and just waited for it to drop on Netflix.
    the shared experience. People on their phones, or talking, or smacking their food. I won’t go unless the movie has been out a while and even then I’ll go at the time it’s the emptiest. I don’t need some dip s I don’t know to confirm whether something is funny or scary or whatever.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Once upon a time in Hollywood was an instant classic. Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio at the top of their games. Margot Robbie is absolutely stunning. Tarantino put me through all 7 emotions tonight, like only he could...Its why he's the greatest.
    This movie is why you go to the movies. DiCaprio was really good but man, Pitt was at god level. One of his best performances.

This is also very polished work from Tarantino. There's plenty of elements we've come to love from him but he's really honed his craft. It's less raw and out of control but in a good way. I hope he doesn't stop making movies like he said he's going to because he knocked this one out of the ing park and seems to only be getting better with age.

9.5/10

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Man, that sucks, I saw Booksmart with a pretty full theater and it was great.

Thread Information