Page 171 of 237 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 5906
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Nice. Though I wish they had their on demand free instead. That way I can catch up on Homeland instead of pirating it. lol
    Don't know why it wouldn't include on demand.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't know why it wouldn't include on demand.
    Odd, I just checked and Showtime ain't free at all. It's blocked.

Or do you mean streaming only? But just now I just browsed through one of the HBO channels and they were actually open. Holy .

I do not have that package so I assume they've unlocked it. I'm going to check and get in contact with them in case they're being cute and charging me for this . They'd done it in the past where they would have a " free promotion" but after it expires they leave it in place and start charging you.

Optimum is trash.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Odd, I just checked and Showtime ain't free at all. It's blocked.

Or do you mean streaming only? But just now I just browsed through one of the HBO channels and they were actually open. Holy .

I do not have that package so I assume they've unlocked it. I'm going to check and get in contact with them in case they're being cute and charging me for this . They'd done it in the past where they would have a " free promotion" but after it expires they leave it in place and start charging you.

Optimum is trash.
    Oh, I was just checking the offers through Roku/websites. Don't know how cable companies would do it.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Showtime & ePix are free on my COX cable for about the next month.

Showtime is including their sex materiel as well.

Sorry Dumps, I didn't see your post.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    七人の侍 (Seven Samurai)

I'd rate it 9/10. Good story and some awesome battle scenes. Story of a farming village that finds some rag tag samurai to defend them from a bandit attack.
    Great film Remade by Hollywood in 1960 as “The Magnificent Seven”, one of the first “all star cast” projects. I love it for Eli Wallach, he’s the best Mexican/Italian/Greek bad guy. Always a very calculating and manipulative character.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    If anyone is looking for content Showtime and Epix are running 30-day free trials.
    Finally caught up to -A Quiet Place- because of these freebies. Thank Christ, I didn't spend any money on this in the circa.

Pedestrian, though stepping on a nail ain't no fun & a cautionary tale wherever man dwells.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    FYI for anyone who is interested in The Seven Samurai: Tomorrow, April 1st, TCM is honoring the 100th birthday of Japanese actor Toshiro Mifune. 10 great Japanese films including The Seven Samurai and Rashoman played back to back.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Requiem for a Dream, 8/10.

Really good, but maybe the most distburing movie I’ve ever seen.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great film Remade by Hollywood in 1960 as “The Magnificent Seven”, one of the first “all star cast” projects. I love it for Eli Wallach, he’s the best Mexican/Italian/Greek bad guy. Always a very calculating and manipulative character.
    Funny, I actually watched Magnificent Seven for the first time on Sunday and that's what made me want to watch Three Amigos. Have to say I like the latter (and Seven Samurai) better.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

It’s definitely at or near the top of the “I loved it, and I never want to watch it again” movie list.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    It’s definitely at or near the top of the “I loved it, and I never want to watch it again” movie list.
    That scene at the end where it’s panning between shock therapy, arm amputation and Jennifer Connelly clam smacking was

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Can you hear me? Can you see me?

OK for work.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Man I think I'm going to try to watch as many Akira Kurosawa movies as I can while COVID burns the world down around us all. 七人の侍 was pretty good, so now I have started on 生きる (To Live).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    FYI for anyone who is interested in The Seven Samurai: Tomorrow, April 1st, TCM is honoring the 100th birthday of Japanese actor Toshiro Mifune. 10 great Japanese films including The Seven Samurai and Rashoman played back to back.
    Thanks for the prompt. I'll DVR it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Thank goodness my provider finally supports the TCM app now. Don't have to scour the schedule to find and record the real classics.

If it suits your tastes, PBS is taking several episodes of Great Performances and Live at Lincoln Center from behind the paywall for awhile. Also the Metropolitan Opera is streaming one show from it's archive each day for 23 hours as long as the stage is closed. Il Barbiere di Siviglia still available til 6:30. Tonight it's my favorite weird-ass contemporary opera, Nixon in China.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Sex Drive - 8/10, but the ending could have been done better
    Sex and Death 101 - 9.5/10

American Honey - 0/10, literally a waste of 3.5 hours of your life all for nothing, no plot, no ending, no conclusion, just a massive waste of time.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Damn 生きる is a definite 10/10. It's about a soul-less paper pushing thirty year bureaucrat who finds out he has stomach cancer and realizes he has never done in his life and tries to live his last months.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Ellen Burstyn still one of my favorite acting performances ever in that movie. She lost the Oscar to Julia ing Roberts.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Funny, I actually watched Magnificent Seven for the first time on Sunday and that's what made me want to watch Three Amigos. Have to say I like the latter (and Seven Samurai) better.
    I haven’t seen Three Amigos but I want to now. Its a good premise for a movie. Like A Bug’s Life and Galaxy Quest

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thank goodness my provider finally supports the TCM app now. Don't have to scour the schedule to find and record the real classics.

If it suits your tastes, PBS is taking several episodes of Great Performances and Live at Lincoln Center from behind the paywall for awhile. Also the Metropolitan Opera is streaming one show from it's archive each day for 23 hours as long as the stage is closed. Il Barbiere di Siviglia still available til 6:30. Tonight it's my favorite weird-ass contemporary opera, Nixon in China.
    I don’t use the app. I am forever shackled to cable/sat because I have to have TCM in real time lol. Sunday morning is like church for me, scanning the schedule for the week and setting the dvr

I’m glad about PBS, I’ve not watched much other than Saturday cooking shows since my Passport ran out. It really burns me that Direct TV doesn’t carry the Create channels.

Yea my opera experiences are a bit limited. I mean I did play clarinet in the orchestra for my college’s production of M. Butterfly Do you ever go to the Met Opera Fathom Events? I’ve been to a couple of the ballet productions, and I never miss a Flashback Cinema!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I don’t use the app. I am forever shackled to cable/sat because I have to have TCM in real time lol. Sunday morning is like church for me, scanning the schedule for the week and setting the dvr
    You might have some on demand options but yeah, it used to be a ritual with me too. Now it's easier to pick stuff out from the master list.

I’m glad about PBS, I’ve not watched much other than Saturday cooking shows since my Passport ran out. It really burns me that Direct TV doesn’t carry the Create channels.
    Yeah, I still have rabbit ears to pick up the subchannels here.

Yea my opera experiences are a bit limited. I mean I did play clarinet in the orchestra for my college’s production of M. Butterfly Do you ever go to the Met Opera Fathom Events? I’ve been to a couple of the ballet productions, and I never miss a Flashback Cinema!
    Only saw a couple fancy ones I missed like Aida. Otherwise PBS shows the same operas as Fathom. I do catch more of the National Theatre Live series since they don't show up anywhere else.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    HBO is offering some of their programming free starting today. A lot of Series, Westworld & The Sopranos in particular.
    I tried Westworld, but, it's not my cup of tea. I hate seeing the Evan Rachel girl turned woman. A damn shame.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven’t seen Three Amigos but I want to now. Its a good premise for a movie. Like A Bug’s Life and Galaxy Quest
    There is no way that holds up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    First time I’ve watched Airplane in years, forgot how funny it was.

Do you like movies about Gladiators?

Thread Information