Page 215 of 238 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    rewatched monty pyton and the holy grail for the first time in a while.

while it still holds up, imo its better just watching the sketches on their own on youtube or somethin. going through the actual movie, it does drag at points. the transitions between scenes are tedious/boring. and most of the time i just found myself waiting for "the good bits" and finding a lot of the scenes somewhat stale

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    rewatched monty pyton and the holy grail for the first time in a while.

while it still holds up, imo its better just watching the sketches on their own on youtube or somethin. going through the actual movie, it does drag at points. the transitions between scenes are tedious/boring. and most of the time i just found myself waiting for "the good bits" and finding a lot of the scenes somewhat stale
    That's almost every comedy. In my head, I thought Better Off Dead was funny as . Convinced my daughter to watch it with me. The reality is that it's maybe five or six funny scenes separated by some boring stuff. I guess as a kid, maybe one overlooks all the plot holes. Same with This Is Spinal Tap. Although it holds together a little better than most. But it's not a laugh a minute.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That's almost every comedy. In my head, I thought Better Off Dead was funny as . Convinced my daughter to watch it with me. The reality is that it's maybe five or six funny scenes separated by some boring stuff. I guess as a kid, maybe one overlooks all the plot holes. Same with This Is Spinal Tap. Although it holds together a little better than most. But it's not a laugh a minute.
    i dno. there are some comedies i can gladly watch from start to finish without it feeling dull. my cousin vinny never gets boring. neither does superbad, really.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Knock At The Cabin (it’s on Pea now)

3/10. One of Shyamalan’s least thought provoking films I’ve seen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Better Off Dead is great the whole way through for me but I could see a kid not getting all the 80s references. I'm not even sure anyone under the age of 30 knows who Howard Cosell was .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    John Wick 4.

Ridiculous he isn't in the hospital five minutes in from injury.... not much plot..... Not much anything script wise

9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Better Off Dead is great the whole way through for me but I could see a kid not getting all the 80s references. I'm not even sure anyone under the age of 30 knows who Howard Cosell was .
    Sure...but most of the rest isn't really 80's stuff. The whole dynamic with his family, the stuff at school, the weird family across the street. I just remember it was maybe my favorite comedy ever. But it's not just front to back packed with funny moments. Maybe it's because the story just looks like it was built around the comedy moments. IDK. One thing that was weird was that I couldn't find it streaming to buy or rent anywhere. I had to actually order the DVD which also meant finding our DVD player and hooking it up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i dno. there are some comedies i can gladly watch from start to finish without it feeling dull. my cousin vinny never gets boring. neither does superbad, really.
    Yeah...maybe I'm over exaggerating. My Cousin Vinny is great. But it had a fantastic cast and pretty good courtroom drama. Office Space, the Bird Cage, Mean Girls, Clueless, Big Lewowski, Groundhog Day...yeah...there's a lot of comedies that are good throughout. Maybe I'm just thinking of some of those older ones where I remember laughing out loud but when I go back, those moments aren't as prevalent as I remembered. And as I mentioned to Black, maybe it's the difference between writing comedy into a good story or writing a meh story around some good bits. The other thing that makes a big difference is the casting imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Sure...but most of the rest isn't really 80's stuff. The whole dynamic with his family, the stuff at school, the weird family across the street. I just remember it was maybe my favorite comedy ever. But it's not just front to back packed with funny moments. Maybe it's because the story just looks like it was built around the comedy moments. IDK. One thing that was weird was that I couldn't find it streaming to buy or rent anywhere. I had to actually order the DVD which also meant finding our DVD player and hooking it up.
    Yeah, for a long time had a hard time finding it, but pretty sure it's currently on showtime.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    I think the sign of a truly great comedy is that it gets funnier each time you watch it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think the sign of a truly great comedy is that it gets funnier each time you watch it.
    You'll have to give some examples of that. I'm sure there's comedies where I caught more nuances. But "each time"? I don't know about that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I'm not sure it's a comedy classic but I thought Zoolander absolutely sucked ass the first time I saw it. Now I think for the most part it's hilarious.

Speaking of 80s movies that I thought were awesome as a kid but now suck except for a few moments: Three amigos.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    John Wick 4.

Ridiculous he isn't in the hospital five minutes in from injury.... not much plot..... Not much anything script wise

9/10
    So how can you give it a 9/10? The action and cinematography were good but they weren't good enough to make it a 9/10 for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    So how can you give it a 9/10? The action and cinematography were good but they weren't good enough to make it a 9/10 for me.
    I know, it doesn't make sense. There's not much to the movie but I loved it. Same with part 3

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tetris on Apple TV

It was OK. It's pretty unbelievable but I haven't gone back to fact check the whole thing.
    6/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    New Mexico Lobos
    Saw the newest Ant Man movie and it was better than the other junk that Marvel is putting out there lately, but still not top tier historically. 7/10.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Super Mario was a solid 8/10 or 9/10. If you like the games I think it would be really hard to not enjoy the out of this movie and can't believe it only got 53% on Rotten Tomatoes.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Best In Show did this for me. But it got old basically because its just silly.
    Napoleon Dynamite holds interest longer.
    And something like Fargo or Oh Brother Where Art Thou even longer. Yeah Big Lebowski as well. The conversations and wording are so weirdly out of place but so good the movies have staying power. Coen brothers all, so it figures.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga 6.5 / 10

View worthy. Some really good parts. You'll have to put up with some Will Ferrell juvenile per par, but otherwise he's a good fit.
    Borrowed a fair amount from original Zoolander.
    Some fabulous singing. Molly Sander from Sweeden does a lot of the singing for Rachel McAdams.
    Molly Sandén - Wikipedia

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you're gonna watch the movie, might wanna save this song for when you view.
    This is a spoiler.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Dungeons and dragons. 7/10

Barely passes for a good popcorn flick. Should have been funnier, should have had more than one dragon that was just a side bit. Chris Pine had to carry the movie and he shouldn't have had to. I did like the Easter egg reference to the Saturday morning cartoon

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Air 9/10

I was wondering how they were going to keep me entertained for two hours showing how Nike signed Jordan. They did it. Great job of getting you to root for Nike as an underdog at the time

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Air 8/10
    Good movie but they made it out like Jordan's deal was unheard of when they offered part ownership and a royalty per shoe sold in a Magic Johnson signature line Phil Knight pitched to him in 1979. Now Magic's royalty was going to be like $1 per shoe while Jordan got 5% but those stocks Nike offered Magic are worth about 3x what Jordan has made form Nike.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

I had to make the journey after recent news. So many highs and lows. Finishing feels like I survived with them. Possibly on my Top10 90s List.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 04-23-2023 at 01:04 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just watched The Founder about Ray Kroc. Didn't realize it had been out since 2016.
    Anyway, it's an easy fun watch. Even though Keaton (as Kroc) is the star, it doesn't hold back from making him look like an asshole as needed.
    7/10

Thread Information