Page 161 of 237 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 5906
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Saw some second run movies this past week

Midway 7.5/10

Great action scenes, confusing chronology. I feel like I've seen this movie before but still good popcorn flick

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The Good Liar 7/10

About 45 minutes too long. Kind of could see the ending but still played out nicely.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Terminator Dark Fate 5/10

The bad Terminator new upgrade of splitting into two was really underwhelming.

And you have three hero chicks in this movie and none are hot. One is old, one looks like a teen boy and the other is annoying for some reason.

I almost fell asleep during the action scenes too. Linda Hamilton was the best thing about the movie but damn those zoom ins on her leathered face were brutal

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Joker 7.5/10 wasn't bad but glad i waited to see it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Joker 7.5/10 wasn't bad but glad i waited to see it.
    Really good but it seemed to be an alternate universe Taxi Driver of Comedy where Travis Pupkin actually went through with his plot against Senator Langford. It's like a Duncan Jones movie. Lukewarm about a sequel.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Little Women 10/10. I LOVED it! It’s not a literal retelling of the book like the other versions, it has so much more energy and life. It unfolds in flashbacks instead of chronologically so it may get confusing for someone who isn’t familiar with the book. The characters are strong, the acting is superb. The girls who played the sisters Soarise Ronan, Emma Watson, Florence Pugh, Eliza Scanlen were very good and it was great how each girl got a detailed storyline (and personality) that wasn’t interpreted thru the eyes of a narrator (Jo March) as in the book. Interesting casting with Bob Odenkirk as Father March and as much as I love Laura Dern her acting was a bit overdone. And I think I’m tired of seeing Meryl Streep showing up in everything—she was hideous in yellow make up and pretty much mailed in her performance. It’s just a beautiful aesthetically pleasing film. Its unbelievable that the Golden Globes ignored Greta Gerwig, hopefully the Academy gets it right.
    What rating would a typical ST dude give this?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Terminator Dark Fate 5/10

The bad Terminator new upgrade of splitting into two was really underwhelming.

And you have three hero chicks in this movie and none are hot. One is old, one looks like a teen boy and the other is annoying for some reason.

I almost fell asleep during the action scenes too. Linda Hamilton was the best thing about the movie but damn those zoom ins on her leathered face were brutal
    Your SJW remake sucked even by your cuck standards, huh?

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What rating would a typical ST dude give this?
    The typical ST dude who appreciates well made films of any genre will probably like it. The typical ST dude who prefers action and the word “ ” probably won’t care for it much
    Last edited by mrsmaalox; 01-05-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    The typical ST dude who appreciates well made films of any genre will probably like it. The typical ST dude who prefers action and the word “ ” probably won’t care for it much
    Forgive derp. He can't communicate with any women outside his family. Whether it's sheer inability, abject fear, searing hate or a legal issue-- he won't say.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Forgive derp. He can't communicate with any women outside his family. Whether it's sheer inability, abject fear, searing hate or a legal issue-- he won't say.
    lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    uncut gems could've been a lot better... worth seeing but... should've been better.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    lighthouse - 7/10

acting was 10/10 and those two guys deserve some awards for this, but the plot was just nothing special for me. Yea, it looked great in black and white, but other than that I didn't really enjoy it that much. I think most people will love it so go check it out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    1917 - 7.6/10... i think this could go higher for me after i see it when it comes to BR. Very nice shot, good acting, not a lot of action, but when there was action it looked and sounded great. Dont expect something like saving private ryan, but its more like Dunkirk. I still have to see ford vs ferrari (and some other films), but i think this was my second fave movie after Parasite for 2019.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Peanut Butter Falcon - 8/10

I always hated Shia LaBeouf but he’s really damn good in this. The 50 Shades lady is decent but kinda miscast in this is my only complaint. Big shout out to koriwhat for his performance as Zack.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    1917 - 7.6/10... i think this could go higher for me after i see it when it comes to BR. Very nice shot, good acting, not a lot of action, but when there was action it looked and sounded great. Dont expect something like saving private ryan, but its more like Dunkirk. I still have to see ford vs ferrari (and some other films), but i think this was my second fave movie after Parasite for 2019.
    Wow the previews make it look like nothing but action

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What did you think of Parasite?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Wow the previews make it look like nothing but action
    its a one shot movie with probably 2 big action scenes (running from shooters, not soldiers vs soldiers big area fight). Both of this scenes are near the end of the movie, other than that it's mostly 2 guys walking to the location they have to reach. Some people could find it boring. Like i said before, its more like Dunkirk, which i liked a little less than this. I would say, that if anyone is seeing this, go check it in the cinema.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i said in this thread that i give it an 8.5, but after seeing it the second time its like an 8.3, which is still a great score. If you dont mind subs I highly recommend it. It has a little bit of everything. Funny and sad moments, drama and a little bit of horror feel. Actors are great and its shot very nice. I'd say go check out other films from this director cause pretty much all of his movies were very good, at least for me.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This movie loses so much in the translated sub les. If you can’t understand Korean, don’t even bother. It would be like playing golf with a bowling ball.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok that was pretty good

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 7.5/10
    Enjoyed it for the most part. Definitely gets a bump for the ending. Wasn't expecting that at all.

The Lighthouse 6/10
    Everything was great except the story got a little boring to me. Weird that very similar lighthouse movies came out so close together.
    I might have enjoyed this one more if I hadn't seen The Vanishing which wasn't as well made but it made the lighthouse theme not as fresh.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You Were Never Really Here

Committed effort by Phoenix per par, but it was literally a one man show. The pacing was odd and there were too many of shots of him projecting the pain of his character. Good concept, poor execution. 5/10...and that's because of the acting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You Were Never Really Here

Committed effort by Phoenix per par, but it was literally a one man show. The pacing was odd and there were too many of shots of him projecting the pain of his character. Good concept, poor execution. 5/10...and that's because of the acting.
    Wow...I really enjoyed this one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Finally got around to the Irishman. Meh 7/10. Nothing memorable. Ridiculously over nominated for Oscars

Thread Information