Page 193 of 236 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 5877
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dune 6/10

My least favorite Villeneuve movie wo far. Other than the visuals its pretty boring. Its very slow, with a bunch of slo-mo shots. It reminded me of the snyder cut where there's also a bunch of slow motion, which just make the movie longer for no reason. So yea, this could easily be a 90 minute movie and it wouldnt make it worse or better. The acting was fine, even tho i think Chalamet was pretty poor. Sometimes i had a feeling he's reading while delivering a line. Music is just as you're watching a Nolan movie, as with Hans Zimmer i dont expect anything new anymore. Anyway, i have no idea about the source material and this didnt make me wanna know more.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    God I hope Dune doesn't suck.

Most people hated Blade Runner 2049, and while I'll admit I only saw it once at the theater, I enjoyed the crap outta it and felt it was a cool experience. Looking for the same with Dune, and why I'm going to IMAX instead of watching at home like I did with Godzilla v Kong.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watched a S. Korean movie called, "The Wailing" that had great reviews. It seemed to try to interject some humor from time to time but with the language barrier, it's hard to tell exactly what they were going for.
    Also a little too long...about 2 1/2 hours. Had a good ending though.
    6/10

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    actually got around to watching Django Unchained

6/10. I don't like that the good white guy had to die.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    God I hope Dune doesn't suck.

Most people hated Blade Runner 2049, and while I'll admit I only saw it once at the theater, I enjoyed the crap outta it and felt it was a cool experience. Looking for the same with Dune, and why I'm going to IMAX instead of watching at home like I did with Godzilla v Kong.
    i enjoyed 2049 more, even tho that movie is also pretty slow paced, but i did enjoy the story more and the visuals looked better, with more colors, while in Dune there's only the color of sand. My friend fell asleep twice during Dune and the other one thought it was just average. So yea, this will probably be mixed, as I saw lots of people giving this a 10/10 and then there's only average scores.... I dont think anyone will say it's bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I enjoyed it. The Soundtrack sets the tone perfectly. It's kinda funny really but it works.

Action sword scenes coulda had a little more oomph.
    I overall dug the take and vision of it. Best Dune movie ever made lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Loved Dune. It's been a while since I read the book, but it appears that Dennis stayed fairly faithful to the source material. Hopefully they'll green-light the sequel. 8/10.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Dune had moments of greatness, but very clearly felt like you only watched half a movie by the end of it. Which it seems like there’s plenty in Dune to stretch it into 2 films, but somehow we still got a ton of filler and scenes that dragged on for no reason.

I also love how they didn’t advertise it anywhere as “Part 1”, until you see it on the le screen.

I’d give it an 8/10 but since I only got half a story it’s 4/10.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Dune had moments of greatness, but very clearly felt like you only watched half a movie by the end of it. Which it seems like there’s plenty in Dune to stretch it into 2 films, but somehow we still got a ton of filler and scenes that dragged on for no reason.

I also love how they didn’t advertise it anywhere as “Part 1”, until you see it on the le screen.

I’d give it an 8/10 but since I only got half a story it’s 4/10.
    Legendary and to a lesser extent Warner are being pussies and hedging their bets about a sequel. They should have been more definitive about it from the start. They can always change track if Part I is a flop, which it doesn't appear to be. If it does well on HBO Max, it looks like Warner will make sure at least Part II gets made along with their Bene Gesserit prequel series. Villeneuve wants to make a third movie based on Dune Messiah. I hope the franchise has that much steam.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I tried twenty minutes of dune and couldn't make it. I'll try again

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Legendary and to a lesser extent Warner are being pussies and hedging their bets about a sequel. They should have been more definitive about it from the start. They can always change track if Part I is a flop, which it doesn't appear to be. If it does well on HBO Max, it looks like Warner will make sure at least Part II gets made along with their Bene Gesserit prequel series. Villeneuve wants to make a third movie based on Dune Messiah. I hope the franchise has that much steam.
    Man I was so thrown off by the part 1 on the intro LOL. Zendaya made off like a bandit on this one.

I think it did a good job sticking to the Dune formula and still presenting the material well to a newb.
    My one single bicker on the entire movie was them leaving out Paul's tears giving water to the dead after he killed that Freman guy. Think that's a pretty crucial aspect to how sacred water is.

I enjoyed all the slow, atmospheric scenes people keep complaining about as boring. Was like a modern day 2001 space odyssey

Also 75% of the previews being comic movies is really starting to stink of over saturation heh

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Rust 10/10

It was killer

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    i thought dune was visually stunning and a good effort in many aspects but the character development is shallow and their motivations are just glanced over for most and not at all for others. i still liked the film, though, and hope there is a second.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i thought dune was visually stunning and a good effort in many aspects but the character development is shallow and their motivations are just glanced over for most and not at all for others. i still liked the film, though, and hope there is a second.
    So much of the book is internal monolog. One of the main reasons most have said it can't be done well on screen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Real fax, worst thing about this movie was Chalamet's stupid ass hair covering his eyes all emo and . That wouldn't work for five seconds out in the desert smh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I felt like Dune was 2 hours of emo teen poses and about 30 minutes of WB TV level action.

5/10. Glad I didn't go to the theater for this

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes

It's official. LFG!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

It's official. LFG!
    Not following through would be the most epic failure I could think of. Orders of magnitude above the Bakshi Lord of the Rings debacle.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    looks like they made lots of money from streaming, cause looking at the box office this wont make much more than 300M.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not following through would be the most epic failure I could think of. Orders of magnitude above the Bakshi Lord of the Rings debacle.
    Lol would have been an all time punch leading to another Dune what if doc that talks about Jodorowsky and Dune 2

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Bond, James Bond. 5/5

He must have pounded like 10 drinks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dune - 9/10

One of the biggest compliments I can give Dune: I'm not a big Sci-Fi person and this is probably one of the best Sci-Fi films I've seen. It won't be for everyone. It has stunning visuals and is very philosophical. Those looking for a pure action film will be disappointed. Dune is smart, very smart. I watched the 80s film and couldn't tell you the plot but here I understood it perfectly. So many themes and topics on display. Looking forward to part 2.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Villeneuve was really the only person I could think could pull Dune off. I think Dune and Blade Runner: 2049 are going to be better appreciated over time because of the ambition of both movies and just how well both visions are fleshed out. Neither is going to be a general audience smash; they are complex world building exercises that demand and reward the viewer's attention as long as you buy into the mythos. I'm interested to see the two critical characters of Feyd and Alia in part 2. I'm a little surprised the former didn't make an appearance in part 1.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Old 4/10

Thread Information