Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, looks like the Spurs have a backup plan in case someone overpays for Green.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Well, looks like the Spurs have a backup plan in case someone overpays for Green.
    That was already in place when they worked out David Lighty.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy even ready this year, if Green leaves? Strikes me more as a progress check.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Is this guy even ready this year, if Green leaves? Strikes me more as a progress check.
    That's kind what I thought, too. I'm pretty sure that Bertans isn't ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly these workouts with Hanga and Bertans are just to check on their development, both (I believe) are still under contract with their current teams.

From what I've seen of Hanga, he is more of an attacking guard, than a shooting guard, who still needs to add some strength to his frame.

Of course a guard with the ability to attack the basket is something the Spurs need and if he really impresses the Spurs with his workouts, he could be a cheaper alternative than Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top Dunks, Hanga #5 in this video:

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/5130-lacb...endesa_2011_12

I've noticed in a lot of Hanga's highlights, he makes good cuts from the corners, attacking the basket for dunks or draw a foul; would be perfectly suited for the Spurs system.

*side-note: on #4, De Colo makes the assist on the dunk

and if the Spurs wanted a super white dunker; Hanga's teammate: Micah Downs (former Gonzaga SF) throws down some nasty dunks in that video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga and Bertans being in SA means very little.

Something not to forget is that there were a lockout last summer. Because of this lockout, Hanga and Bertans hasn't been introduced to the Spurs' program. They are just doing what drafted players usually do in July and that has been postponed because of the lockout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just posted this picture, maybe he is going to scrimmage with these teams (have no idea who they are, Hanga didn't leave a comment with the picture)

UPDATE:

RUS vs. GB match preparation ... Vamos 'K' ))

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just posted this picture, maybe he is going to scrimmage with these teams (have no idea who they are, Hanga didn't leave a comment with the picture)

UPDATE:

RUS vs. GB match preparation ... Vamos 'K' ))
    Hmm is Ryan Richards there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

@HangaAdamOnline working out with @spurs, will stay in SA few more days, loving it, great experience...

https://twitter.com/DimitropulosFCM/...189248/photo/1

--

Can someone translate this article: http://www.hatharom.hu/article/1e1d2...g-popovichcsal

From what I could get out of it through google translate, he talks about some of the drills he was working on and what he needs to work on during the 2012/13 season.

Last edited by ace3g; 06-27-2012 at 01:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga posted this, has some short clips intermittently throughout of his workouts with the Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga posted this, has some short clips intermittently throughout of his workouts with the Spurs

Great find. If he focuses on the jump shot and getting a bit stronger this season in Europe, looks like he could be here in 2013. He appears to have a great motor and athleticism, which would be amazing next to Leonard. Great timing too, as decisions about Manu and Jax must be made next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically the same vid, but Hanga talks about the workouts (I think, can't speak Hungarian).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans isn't ready for NBA believe me, I have seen him play a lot this season, didn't impress me even once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This article gives some good details on what he worked on during the workouts:

http://sportgeza.hu/kosarlabda/2012/...ga_a_spursnel/

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Sounds like he worked with Bertans, CoJo and even GHill, who must be down here working out for the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like he worked with Bertans, CoJo and even GHill, who must be down here working out for the summer.
    He lives in SA in the off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    article about him and the Spurs coaching staff there with him:

http://www.bb1.hu/tartalom/cikk/1067...zemelyi_edzoje

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    article about him and the Spurs coaching staff there with him:

http://www.bb1.hu/tartalom/cikk/1067...zemelyi_edzoje
    Oh great the Devils Tongue

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Google Translate spat out...

Szombathely / San Antonio - Alex Lloyd is happy that San Antonio Spursnél edzősködhet, Hanga now working to roll to perfection.
    Not only with the national team coach, but the San Antonio Spurs with a trainer, Alex Lloyddal Adam Hanga will be made this summer. The coach arrived from overseas in the Hungarian national team training session we talked about in Szombathely.

- You are here have 2-3 weeks to monitor and assist the training work of Adam Hanga. How to work with Adam, what the emphasis is laid?
    - Try to continue the work that you have in San Antonio is started. Try to develop the Dice, and to us, the better will shape the NBA style. We work very hard, and I have to say that Adam's done a fantastic job.

Gallery: The Spurs players to help the development of
    - A bit strange to us that a player coach a separate deal. According to these overseas teams in the NBA, each player has his own coach?
    - Unfortunately I can not comment on behalf of all the NBA teams, I feel very fortunate that I work at Spurs together. Invest a lot into each player individually to develop properly. Do a wonderful job, and that's all about moving the team's player's performance can be seen, since all the help they receive to better and become an excellent basketball player. Wonderful feeling to be part of this.

- So, Adam was not in any special position at the San Antonio, because every player deals with a separate coach.
    - Special attention is given to each player. These coaches are working hard to help them and bring out the best of them. They watch what would be best for them in their careers, and their own point of view.

Gallery: Only Adam is the development of mind
    - First of staying in Hungary, to feel in our country?
    - I feel great, I think that I am a beautiful country. The national team and the players and the support staff person of great people to know. Not managed to gain insight into the historical sites of Budapest, too, that were fantastic. On September 12 and then traveling back to the States.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen this much love from the Spurs origination on foreign player since Manu...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just played his first game of the EuroBasket qualification tournament with the Hungarian national team.
    I didn't see the game but his stat line looks solid:

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/cid...rID_49281.html

21 points
    8/15 FG
    3/7 3P FG
    3 Rebounds
    3 Steals
    3 Assists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got really good Nba size for a hybrid guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vs Austria he had: 17 pts, 3 boards, 3 steals. Like Bertans, he also is shooting poorly from the FT line, 4-9 in game 2 and 46.2% for the tournament.

Thread Information