He has a really weird shot release.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another good game for Adam.

http://www.fcmbasketball.com/portal/...page-slideshow

This site has some complete games of his team:

http://www.fcmbasketball.com/portal/...hooting-guards
    Last edited by yavozerb; 12-18-2012 at 07:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hanga Mix!
    He is Hungarian too, just like me. I even had an opportunity to play against him five years ago. He is really good and he really seems like Paul George 2.0.
    Last edited by szkorhetz; 12-20-2012 at 05:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hanga Mix!
    He is Hungarian too, just like me. I even had an opportunity to play against him five years ago. He is really good and he really seems like Paul George 2.0.
    It shocks me more spurs fans are not talking about this kid cause I think he is gonna be an above average NBA player and could possibly be with the team as early as next season (unsure of current contract). The dunk at 2:15 is sick, no other word for it. Good to see a fellow hungarian on ST by the way.
    Last edited by yavozerb; 12-20-2012 at 10:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks good. But as much as I'd love to see an athletic wing player come to San Antonio, I don't think he will unless Ginobili retires after this year. I could see the Spurs adding him as a sweetener in a trade as well. Minnesota would love another international player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks good. But as much as I'd love to see an athletic wing player come to San Antonio, I don't think he will unless Ginobili retires after this year. I could see the Spurs adding him as a sweetener in a trade as well. Minnesota would love another international player.
    Maybe, maybe not. It will not depend on Manu in my opinion cause manu's minutes are winding down anyways and do not expect Neal to be back with his contract expiring. Green is a stop gap at the 2, nothing more. It would take a of alot in my opinion to pry away Hanga or Bertans from the spurs at this point and esp. at those aging positions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Green has the spot on lockdown if he lasts this year. If Manu leaves, I can totally see Hanga backing Green up and catching lobs from De Col. But if Hanga proves himself defensively (and that video suggests he has talent in that area) all bets on the starting shoot guard position are off. It's going to be interesting to see if the Spurs can get a good influx of Euro talent within these next couple of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice highlights. Thanks szkorhetz.

It shocks me more spurs fans are not talking about this kid
    Well, I will just talk for me but I'm not intrigued at all by a 23 years old player averaging 8.8ppg for the worst team in Spain.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been keeping tabs on him.

re: his points in Spain for a terrible team . . . I wouldn't expect much more. The level of coaching and instruction he was getting before going to Spain must have been atrocious compared to other Europeans. Compare that to De Colo, who not only had basketball parents but also participate in the French basketball program, and play with other NBA-level prospects at Cholet. Even compare to Danny Green: Green had 4 years of coaching at one of the best NCAA programs and still wasn't ready to be permanent NBA player. He had to improve a lot just to stay on a roster.

If he has a chance, he should be brought stateside to make sure that he can improve as much as possible before it's too late and he picks up bad habits on a garbage team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been keeping tabs on him.

re: his points in Spain for a terrible team . . . I wouldn't expect much more. The level of coaching and instruction he was getting before going to Spain must have been atrocious compared to other Europeans. Compare that to De Colo, who not only had basketball parents but also participate in the French basketball program, and play with other NBA-level prospects at Cholet. Even compare to Danny Green: Green had 4 years of coaching at one of the best NCAA programs and still wasn't ready to be permanent NBA player. He had to improve a lot just to stay on a roster.

If he has a chance, he should be brought stateside to make sure that he can improve as much as possible before it's too late and he picks up bad habits on a garbage team.
    In Hungary our best talent usually being selected at the age of 9. After that, they get into a team, where they work together 30 times a years with elite coaches all over Hungary. László Rátgéber who was the last captain of the national team-and the only European ever to be offered the head coach position of a WNBA team- worked with him several times.
    I really don't mean he is NBA ready. I just say he has a really good chance. He is very athletic, improved his shooting, and really has a winning personality written all over him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mean any disrespect, and I appreciate that he's been a part of their national system, but Hungary must be far behind other countries with regards to their programs. The national team hasn't been of note since the 1960s. The number of wiki stubs for Hungarian players is tiny compared to other countries, and half of those names played over 50 years ago.

Looking over some recent NBA drafts, I would categorize Hanga as among those players who come from basketball-poor countries. And of those, there are two categories: those who left their home countries to go to basketball-rich countries before they were old enough to be drafted, and those who stayed home until they were drafted.

Hanga is among those who stayed home, and it doesn't usually end well for those types of players, maybe they stayed too long and stagnated. Big fish in small ponds too long. Petteri Kopponen was a sole product of Finland. Axel Hervelle a sole product of Belgium. Ejike Ugboaja in Nigeria. Ha-Seung Jin in Korea. Maybe a small sample size, maybe coincidence. The only guy I found who didn't fit the bill was Biedrins who spent all his time in Latvia, but Latvia at that time was more significant Euro national team.

The other type of players: Jerebko leaving Sweden for Italy. Sefolosha leaving Switzerland for France and Italy. Again, small sample, but those guys left early, grew their games, and became NBA players. Jiri Welsh left the Czech Republic for Slovenia, not a successful NBA career, but hung around for 4 years. Other players who left and failed typically were African players who went to Spain or Belgium or the like.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I'd feel more comfortable if he wasn't on such a terrible team where I'd be concerned over his team being out of games or quitting. In 13 games they have 7 double-digit losses, including a 42 point loss. I'm not saying he doesn't have a chance in the NBA, but the opposite. His chances to be an NBA player would increase if he was playing for the Austin Toros in the D-League and working with Spurs coaches to mold his game while there's still time.
    Last edited by objective; 12-21-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: added info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice highlights. Thanks szkorhetz.

Well, I will just talk for me but I'm not intrigued at all by a 23 years old player averaging 8.8ppg for the worst team in Spain.
    Well, the most tiago ever averaged was 14 ppg in euroleague and thought by alot to be the best center in the league at the time. Not many european players who play in the NBA have put up big numbers (stats) prior to coming to the NBA. , you used to talk about how much improved Nando was every season and he only averaged 6 ppg the season prior to coming over to the spurs. , I would say he is much better than those stats represent, wouldnt you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando never scored less than 10 ppg in the ACB. Before the Spurs he was knocking down 13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando never scored less than 10 ppg in the ACB. Before the Spurs he was knocking down 13.
    Thanks objective, you are correct. Nando averaged 10 ppg in his last season during euroleague not 6. My point is to go by stats in european basketball is silly cause no one blows you away with there numbers like the NBA. I may have let my hungarian biasness get the better of me in saying Hanga will be "above average" but I am confident he will get a chance to show the spurs and spurs fans his game sooner rather than later due to his age.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't talking Euroleague, just ACB. ACB comparisons make sense because it's what Hanga has in common with De Colo and Splitter.

I'm not hating on him, I just wish he wasn't playing for a team that was getting killed every night. I like what I've seen, but worry that his development is being stunted because of the level of compe ion pre-draft and his post-draft situation with a bad team. Playing in the ACB is a huge step up for him, I just hope it's not wasted by being in a losing environment. Coaching and environment can go a long way with helping a player get to a certain level (Danny Green), I hope Hanga can come to the Spurs to get it as soon as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That highlight video of his is pretty impressive. That's some legit athleticism.

But, damn, his stats suck this year. I haven't dug deep or anything but judging him just based on those numbers and his age, he looks like a non-prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That highlight video of his is pretty impressive. That's some legit athleticism.

But, damn, his stats suck this year. I haven't dug deep or anything but judging him just based on those numbers and his age, he looks like a non-prospect.
    Do not think the spurs would be bringing over every summer if he was non-prospect. Kind of tricky to rate a player like Hanga on stats since its only his 2nd season in Euroleague and his team is so terrible. Anybody actually seen him play regularly?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga doesn't play in the Euroleague, he only plays in the ACB. Nor does he play in Eurocup.

Splitter did play in the Euroleague and the ACB. De Colo played in the Euroleague, the Eurocup, and the ACB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga doesn't play in the Euroleague, he only plays in the ACB. Nor does he play in Eurocup.

Splitter did play in the Euroleague and the ACB. De Colo played in the Euroleague, the Eurocup, and the ACB.
    Thanks again for the correction. I am rooting for this guy just wish he was on a better team with more exposure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another good game by Hanga. Too bad his team sucks..

http://www.fcmbasketball.com/portal/...page-slideshow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds Batum a bit. Thin, long and very athletic. Not as good as a shooter, but I am impressed with his athletic ability.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your right a little bit but I think he is much better in getting to the rim and creating his own shot. I also like how athletic he is he is just fluid and I think he can come in and make the team this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/01/flopping/16431

So, ACB fifth place and Eurocup team Bilbao is trying to buy out Adam Hanga from his current contract with Manresa.

Thread Information