Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/01/flopping/16431

So, ACB fifth place and Eurocup team Bilbao is trying to buy out Adam Hanga from his current contract with Manresa.
    , would like to see Hanga on a more competative team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game tomorrow against Cajasol at 20:00 h.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't watch the game but boxscore showing a bad outing for him.

31 min, 3 pts, 0/4 FG, 1/5 3pt, 4 reb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't watch the game but boxscore showing a bad outing for him.

31 min, 3 pts, 0/4 FG, 1/5 3pt, 4 reb
    his shooting percentages for the season in ACB are way low

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An amazing performance from FCM guard/forward Adam Hangawas not enough for Manresa to beat Valencia for the Spanish ACB. The Hungarian international - drafted from San Antonio in 2011 draft - was sensational finishing the match with 23 points, 2 rebounds, 4 steals and 29 ranking, but Valencia scored a last second buzzer to win 87-86. Hanga is enjoying a great season so far, averaging 10 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists in Europe's most compe ive league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving forward, this kid is gunna be interesting. Be interesting to know what the FO think of his improvement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy more of a 2 or 3? If he could play the 3 I figure he'd have a better shot of coming over sooner than if he's a 2 given the depth at that position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has played Pg I believe and he is used to having the ball in his hands. He is listed at 6'7 so with Pop who knows he could be playing PF or Center.? To be honest I see him as a perfect SG a great running mate with Kawhi he can handle the ball and create which will help Kawhi get more open shots and open the lane for dunks..

The one thing that as different about this guy when they drafted him is that they really courted him and brought him in a couple of times. Also Pop did say he was coming over next year which Pop has never said for any foreign player.
    Last edited by BackHome; 01-20-2013 at 01:02 PM.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how does that ranking thing work? Higher the better?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm correct, the ranking is like our PER... and that's a really good ranking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What they called ranking is called efficiency in NBA:
    http://www.nba.com/statistics/efficiency.html

Some leagues in Europe are using a slightly difference formula were fouls drawn are also added and fouls made are subtract. Unlike in the NBA, the efficiency stat is used a lot in Europe where it's arguably the second biggest stat after points.

BTW, the game by game stats for Hanga:
    http://www.acb.com/stspartidojug.php...cod_edicion=57

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.heinnews.com/basketball/n...ee-adam-hunga/

He had a short interview on a podcast. For those who don't want to listen to it a short summary:

• the season has been very tough so far. his team is in joint last place (i think the last two teams get relegated to the second division)
    • the spurs told him to work on improving basically everything when he came over in the summer, he does not see himself as nba-ready right now
    • the front office discovered him at the eurocamp and playing for the youth national team
    • anxious over being picked at all, but it seems that the spurs promised to pick him with their second rounder
    • uncertain if he wants to continue playing for the hungarian national team because it puts additional stress on him while the team is not very compe ive (hungary failed to qualify for the eurobasket tournament the last two times)
    • hinted that a transfer to another team is a possibility for next season
    • wants to play in the summer league at some time in the future
    • the level of play in the hungarian league is low, only a few teams are compe ive
    • feels responsible for representing his country
    • in spain he went from being a scorer to more of a allround player
    • plays nba 2k12 a lot, of course with the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.heinnews.com/basketball/n...ee-adam-hunga/

He had a short interview on a podcast. For those who don't want to listen to it a short summary:
    Thanks jyra!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good interview.

He also backed up what I said about Hungarian players and their development. His advice for young players in Hungary was that if they had any offers or opportunities to play outside Hungary, then they should leave Hungary. It was better for their future to leave. Makes it seem like Hanga himself when looking back wishes he would have left sooner for his development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Havent seen that in a while!! YEAH!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When comparing stats Europe vs. NBA, you have to consider, that there are playing only 40 minutes of basketball. Rudy Fernandez, who is known in the NBA is also averaging only 12.5 this year. The whole structure of the game is other. It is much more team oriented. In a game lately no one of Adam's team take more than 7 shots. And they still won the game.
    I think Adam is playing a very team oriented game. They team plays a rather static way, which doesnt fits Adan's style. I think in another team he can still bring those or even bigger numbers in Europe or in NBA.
    In last game Adam had 17 points, 4 rebs, 3 steals, 2 assists, 6 forced fouls. The entire game can be seen here: http://acb360.orange.es/diferidos/LACB/57/177
    You have to register first for free, then click to baloncesto.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Despite a great game from spurs draftee Adam Hanga (15pts,4reb,2ass), @bqmanresa loses from @RMBaloncesto for ACB

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see him in a Spurs uniform next season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that only happens if Manu and/or Jack aren't retained or if Hanga can play the three.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see him playing the three but at 6'7 he is the perfect SG he had height, speed, and can handle the ball. Right now we only have three people with good ball handling skills, Tony, Manu, and De Colo. Going into next year SJ will be gone and I don't think we will sign Neal as we need a legit backup PG, and I only see Manu being able to play one more year before his body breaks down. So bring him in and let Manu tutor him for a year and that will be his replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6-7 is legitimate small-forward height. That's the same height as Leonard, although Hanga doesn't have that wing span.

It would be great if Hanga comes in and plays like Manu, but really, it's more likely that he'll be out of the rotation until Giniobili retires and then he would get a chance to be Green's back up. If he can play the three effectively, though, he has a chance to back up Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that only happens if Manu and/or Jack aren't retained or if Hanga can play the three.
    Patty isn't a PG, and he has an option he may exercise this summer. Jack may bump up to stretch four to replace Bonner or Diaw, if he leaves. Both of those scenarios would open a spot for a 2 guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty isn't a PG, and he has an option he may exercise this summer. Jack may bump up to stretch four to replace Bonner or Diaw, if he leaves. Both of those scenarios would open a spot for a 2 guard.
    Mills is a point-guard in the Spurs' system. That can change if Ginobili retires or moves to the starting lineup next season. But I don't get what that has to do with anything. If Mills leaves, then either Neal is retained or the Spurs will bring in another sixth guard. Depending on what Joseph continues to do, he could win the backup point job, which would make De Colo the fifth guard. I guess the Spurs could consider bringing Hanga in under those cir stances, but it would have nothing to do with replacing Mills.

Jack moving to the four opens up time at the three. The guard rotation wouldn't change unless Pop moves Ginobili or Green over to small-forward. I think the Spurs would rather just bring in another three if they didn't think Hanga could play there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is a point-guard in the Spurs' system. That can change if Ginobili retires or moves to the starting lineup next season. But I don't get what that has to do with anything. If Mills leaves, then either Neal is retained or the Spurs will bring in another sixth guard. Depending on what Joseph continues to do, he could win the backup point job, which would make De Colo the fifth guard. I guess the Spurs could consider bringing Hanga in under those cir stances, but it would have nothing to do with replacing Mills.

Jack moving to the four opens up time at the three. The guard rotation wouldn't change unless Pop moves Ginobili or Green over to small-forward. I think the Spurs would rather just bring in another three if they didn't think Hanga could play there.
    Mills doesn't play point, even in the Spurs system. He's out there to run off screens and shoot. He never creates for others.

Thread Information