Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills doesn't play point, even in the Spurs system. He's out there to run off screens and shoot. He never creates for others.
    That doesn't mean he's not a point guard. He brings the ball up and defends the other team's points. That's all the back-up point does (or used to do) in the Spurs' system.

Now, I agree a point will probably need to do some more things. But Mills' departure doesn't scream hole at shooting-guard to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't mean he's not a point guard. He brings the ball up and defends the other team's points. That's all the back-up point does (or used to do) in the Spurs' system.

Now, I agree a point will probably need to do some more things. But Mills' departure doesn't scream hole at shooting-guard to me.
    Considering we have Tony, Nando, and CoJo, it screams hole at shooting guard at me. Of our three SGs, Manu and Jack are both FAs. Only Green is under contract. Maybe one more hole at SG.

There are could easily be a spot for Hanga next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering we have Tony, Nando, and CoJo, it screams hole at shooting guard at me. Of our three SGs, Manu and Jack are both FAs. Only Green is under contract. Maybe one more hole at SG.

There are could easily be a spot for Hanga next year.
    First off, Jack is not a shooting-guard. Him leaving doesn't open up any time there.

Second off, you started this conversation by quoting my post saying Hanga wouldn't have a spot unless either Ginobili or Jack were to leave. So I don't know what you think I'm disagreeing with that idea.

I think that only happens if Manu and/or Jack aren't retained or if Hanga can play the three.
    What I did disagree with is the idea that Mills' departure is would create a hole. It would open a roster spot, but the Spurs are so deep in the back court that they could stand to not have to add another two-guard. If the Spurs like Hanga as a potential small-forward, then they could get him to back up Leonard or to be the fifth wing. But all that was under the assumption that both Manu and Jack come back. If one doesn't, then I agree with you that it's possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off, Jack is not a shooting-guard. Him leaving doesn't open up any time there.

Second off, you started this conversation by quoting my post saying Hanga wouldn't have a spot unless either Ginobili or Jack were to leave. So I don't know what you think I'm disagreeing with that idea.

What I did disagree with is the idea that Mills' departure is would create a hole. It would open a roster spot, but the Spurs are so deep in the back court that they could stand to not have to add another two-guard. If the Spurs like Hanga as a potential small-forward, then they could get him to back up Leonard or to be the fifth wing. But all that was under the assumption that both Manu and Jack come back. If one doesn't, then I agree with you that it's possible.
    OK, if you don't consider Jack a SG, then we only have two, and one is a FA. If you consider Patty a PG, and he leaves, you still have three under contract. That screams "hole at shooting guard" to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, if you don't consider Jack a SG, then we only have two, and one is a FA. If you consider Patty a PG, and he leaves, you still have three under contract. That screams "hole at shooting guard" to me.
    No, I don't think Jack is a two. He hasn't played a second at the two all season.

I don't know why you insist bringing up Ginobili's free agency. It's not relevant to this discussion at all. I'm saying that the Spurs don't have a hole unless Manu leaves (or Jack leaves and Pop think Hanga can play the three), so saying, "What about if Manu leaves?" is not a rebuttal.

If Mills leaves, two things are more likely to happen than the Spurs bringing in Hanga: One, they retain Neal, which isn't that hard since he's a restricted free agent; two, they just roll with five guards, and if Joseph shows he deserves to back up Parker, then De Colo will be the fifth guard.

Ginobili's health issues make picking up another two-guard very possible. But if that's the case, I imagine they'll want someone capable to handling Ginobili's scoring load. If the Spurs don't retain Neal and believe Hanga can do that, then that's great. But I don't think that's really likely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see Hanga signed for next year, can't think of a reason not too. Spurs should have roster spots open, and Hanga would be very cheap. Having a cheap Hanga as a developmental third stringer helps maximize space for the real acquisitions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see Hanga signed for next year, can't think of a reason not too. Spurs should have roster spots open, and Hanga would be very cheap. Having a cheap Hanga as a developmental third stringer helps maximize space for the real acquisitions.
    Are you thinking that the FO lets Neal walk? Or are you thinking that we keep Neal and get Hanga rolling in learning our system in house so then he's ready for the year after? I haven't seen him play, so I don't know where Hanga is at in terms of being able to contribute. Does he need another year of development (I would think he does).

I agree, signing him cheap and getting him up to speed on the cheap minimizes our risk on him. We sure could use a 6' 7" two guard who can contribute.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want Neal back. Hanga probably isn't ready, but there should be a place for him in Austin if he's not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga has been better stat wise lately but his team is still awful (dead last in Spanish league with a 5-22 record).

What he is showing might convince better Spanish teams to sign him this summer. A average to good Spanish team would be a nice situation for his development.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember watching a news clip where Pop said that Adam will be over in two years. I still remember that because Pop has never ever said anything like that to any foreign player we have drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virtus Roma seems interested in signing him for the end of the season:
    http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/s...dam-hanga.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virtus Roma seems interested in signing him for the end of the season:
    http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/s...dam-hanga.html
    It didn't worked:
    http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/s...ell-apart.html

Hanga is still under contract with his Spanish team next season but they will play in the second division so he is in a kinda crappy situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ holding out for buy out money from wealthier NBA team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liga Endesa @ACBCOM
    Adam Hanga, con 37 de valoración (28 puntos, 5 rebotes y 4 asistencias), es el Jugador de la Jornada 31 pic.twitter.com/rNBLzg6smw

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam made a nice show tonight in Manresa, with scoring 28 points, 5 rebs, 4 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals, 9 forced faults, and only 1 turnover. He was elected for the player of the weekend. He made 5/7 from 2 PT, 3/6 from 3PT and 9/12 FT. Unfortunately his team lost again.
    Here are some highlights, but the whole game is also available online.
    http://acbtv.acb.com/video/5981-lacb...la_del_playoff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when the earliest we can bring this guy over? Didn't he just sign a new contract? Does it have a big buyout clause?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when the earliest we can bring this guy over? Didn't he just sign a new contract? Does it have a big buyout clause?
    This summer. He can be bought out for a cheap money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad that Hanga is playing for a team atm. He deserves to play in a better team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if Neal leaves in the offseason that could pave the way for Hanga to come over for what should be a pretty cheap contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Hanga mix:

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    If next season I have the good fortune of playing in the NBA would be great, but if not, I will not stop working here in Europe to continue to evolve my game.
    http://www.zoomnews.es/47727/all-aro...o-mundo-futbol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he stays in Europe for another year. He really doesn't have a good chance of making the roster unless the Spurs unload a guard. Bertans coming over would take the project-wing spot. I'd rather see the Spurs finish up the Ryan Richards experiment than bringing Hanga over just for him to get caught up in the numbers game during training camp.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know I can see Ryan, Bertans, and Hanga all playing really good in this years summer league. It will be tough to decide what to do but what a place to be in as far as having so much young talent to be developed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he stays in Europe for another year. He really doesn't have a good chance of making the roster unless the Spurs unload a guard. Bertans coming over would take the project-wing spot. I'd rather see the Spurs finish up the Ryan Richards experiment than bringing Hanga over just for him to get caught up in the numbers game during training camp.
    They won't bring him unless they think he has a chance to make the roster. The Spurs are more patient than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't bring him unless they think he has a chance to make the roster. The Spurs are more patient than that.
    He seems willing to stay, which is then most important part. He's also under contract, so it's not really his choice, but I agree. He has a much better chance at getting on in 2014-15 if Bertans is ready to be a rotation player and the guard logjam is cleared somewhat.

Thread Information