Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well people who are usually 6'8 / 228pds end up playing SF
    Unless they're TMac's age with bad knees. Then, they end up playing rocking chair.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well after watching Manu last night I would have to say his chances might be a little better then 1% "YES MANU IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER". It is time for him to retire or take on a coach/player type of role with the team and he can coach Adam or maybe Snell as his replacement.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistically is this guy coming over for next season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well after watching Manu last night I would have to say his chances might be a little better then 1% "YES MANU IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER". It is time for him to retire or take on a coach/player type of role with the team and he can coach Adam or maybe Snell as his replacement.
    He's not healthy. He was playing GREAT earlier in the season. You don't drop off a cliff in a matter of weeks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/06/dunks/26182

After two seasons in Manresa, Adam Hanga will probably take the next step with a Euroleague team. The Hungarian guard is close to a 4-years deal with Laboral Kutxa. He is under contract with Manresa and Laboral Kutxa has to pay the buy out in order to get him and have the right to sign him with a four year contract with him.

If this happens, everyone involved with the deal would be happy with they way things will turn out. Probably even the San Antonio Spurs. The Spurs are keeping Hanga’s NBA rights after picking him in number 59 of the 2011 draft. There is a long tradition of European players being polished in the city of Vitoria, the home of Laboral Kutxa, dating back to Fabricio Oberto, Andres Nocioni – who returned to the Spanish team last Spring – Luis Scola, more recently Tiaggo Splitter and Pablo Prigioni, even if his case is unique.
    I'm looking forward to see him in play in the Euroleague next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/06/dunks/26182

I'm looking forward to see him in play in the Euroleague next season.
    that's good news for decolo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Bertrans in summer camp so you know Adam is going to get a lot of touches and depending how he plays can make this team.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    4 year deal = hanga 28 yo .............. bring hanga over this summer ....................

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 year deal = hanga 28 yo .............. bring hanga over this summer ....................
    It is called a buy out.

ter McGee

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not healthy. He was playing GREAT earlier in the season. You don't drop off a cliff in a matter of weeks.

So how is your boy doing in the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how is your boy doing in the playoffs?
    Do you think he would have healed by now, with the compressed playoff schedule? We'll never really find out where he is until next fall when he's had the summer off, unlike last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your argument was he is not healthy he is healthy he just sucks and no he won't be back next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to being Adam Hanga over this season he's Manu's replacement at the two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu may be about cashed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way would I trust someone like Hanga right now with minutes right away. Bring in a veteran to take Neal and most of Manu's minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way would I trust someone like Hanga right now with minutes right away. Bring in a veteran to take Neal and most of Manu's minutes.
    You bring him in and give him Gary Neal minutes to see what he has. What do you have to lose? A couple of potential early season losses? What do you have to gain? A lot.

He's tall, long, athletic and quick. On top of that, he can shoot and defend. You bring him in and replace Neal with him, trade Neal and bonner deft night for a pick or back up SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You bring him in and give him Gary Neal minutes to see what he has. What do you have to lose? A couple of potential early season losses? What do you have to gain? A lot.

He's tall, long, athletic and quick. On top of that, he can shoot and defend. You bring him in and replace Neal with him, trade Neal and bonner deft night for a pick or back up SF.
    Neal can't be traded. The NBA season is officially over, as of last night, and he will go into free agency. Only players under contract for next year can be traded on draft night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might not be ready, but the Spurs could use some athleticism and good size for a wing off the bench.

If he doesn't lose his man like Neal, then he's already won me over.

If anything, he would likely be cheap enough to not affect other free agent plans.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's bring him over and see what he has.. His potential is better than what we have going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's bring him over and see what he has.. His potential is better than what we have going forward.
    The problem is, if you're wrong and he's not ready, you've cashed in your rights to him. You'll have to cut him at the end of training camp, and he's no longer Spurs property. Manu didn't come over for three years, and Hanga doesn't seem to be winning an Euroleague championships to make him come over any faster than that.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is, if you're wrong and he's not ready, you've cashed in your rights to him. You'll have to cut him at the end of training camp, and he's no longer Spurs property. Manu didn't come over for three years, and Hanga doesn't seem to be winning an Euroleague championships to make him come over any faster than that.
    Then he goes to the D League to learn what he can there and hope that his learning curve is shorter than some. It's better to give it a shot, see what he has and what he needs to work on rather than just guess and have to force it when contracts are up at the end of next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they just cut him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn't, he'd just be the 15th man working to get better in the d-league. And if that didn't work out after two years, they didn't burn anything. It's not like other NBA teams would be knocking down doors to get their hands on a 26 year old scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then he goes to the D League to learn what he can there and hope that his learning curve is shorter than some. It's better to give it a shot, see what he has and what he needs to work on rather than just guess and have to force it when contracts are up at the end of next season.
    Corey Joseph was an exception. The Spurs aren't going to want to pay a guy an NBA salary to develop in Austin when they can leave him in Europe for free.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think there is that much difference between Hanga vs. our 28th pick?

Thread Information