San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump

Spurs pick at 59.

Obi Wan Ginobli
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid looks like a baller. For some reason thats good enough for me right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positives

Athletic swingman
    Good penetrator
    Solid shooter with range on his jumper
    Good ball handler/passer

Negatives

Not playing at the highest level
    Inconsistent motor

Notes

Plays for Albacomp in Hungary. Averaged 17.4 ppg during the 2010-11 season.

June 13 Update: Hanga was one of the players I thought really helped himself at Eurocamp. He didn't get off to a hot start on Saturday, but by Sunday he had found his rhythm and showed off some really nice NBA athleticism. In Sunday's All-Star game he led his team with 16 points in just 18 minutes. He's 6-6, has a 35-inch vertical and can get to the basket. He's a potential second-round pick.

Apr 22 Update: Hanga is one of the more intriguing 1989 international prospects out there. He's got the requisite athleticism to play in the league and he's producing. However, until teams see him playing at higher levels in Europe, it's anyone's guess how he'll respond. A potential second round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he could turn out nice.

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'7" SG? That's not like us.... I like.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at his number of pick. I dream of another draft steal like Manu in 99, but it's only a dream

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best Hungarian player ever at 59? Why not. We'll end up with best French, Argentinian and hopefully Canadian, British, Brazilian, and Hungarian =P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga in on his way to San Antonio - Jun 26, 2011 (by Tamas Deri)

The drafted hungarian guard, Adam Hanga (201-G-89, agency: TSS Management) just took the flight early this morning over New York City to San Antonio as the management of the NBA team invited him for a couple of days after he got drafted on thursday night in the 2nd round in the 2011 NBA Draft. He will visit all the buildings used by the club and will attend also on some practices lead by the coaching stuff of the Spurs. He will fly home on next thursday! Eurobasket Hungary wishes you good luck and enjoy your time with the Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whens the soonest we can bring him over? Not that we need another sg.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Whens the soonest we can bring him over? Not that we need another sg.
    You've answered your own question.

It doesn't pay to rush things, because once you bring them in to a training camp, they have one shot to make your team. If they don't, then you cut them and no longer own rights to them. If they later blow up, someone else reaps the rewards of your scouting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' Hanga says he could be with Spurs in two seasons

Written by Jeff Garcia | 01 July 2011

As reported last week by Project Spurs' Paul Garcia, Adam Hanga - Spurs' 2011 NBA draftee - was in San Antonio to acclimate himself with the team and take in the Alamo City.

After his visit to San Antonio, he is back in Hungary and spoke with Nemzeti Sport Online on his visit with the Spurs.

First off, Hanga felt the trip to San Antonio was "super cool" and was very excited to see Tim Duncan's and Tony Parker's locker in the Spurs' locker room.

Hanga went on to say the Spurs were able to talk with him about what the team plans to do with him, ran him through some training sessions, went through a medical check up, and even gave him a plan to improve. Specifically, he said San Antonio told him he needs to get stronger and gave him a training plan to follow during the summer.

Hanga also spoke on his tour of the Spurs practice facility and said everything about the facility was professional, modern, and loved the fact the billiard tables in the facility had the Spurs' logo across the tables.

He further said despite the NBA lockout, he will still continue to workout, get himself ready should the Spurs bring him over and he was happy to get a Spurs' sports bag, socks, T-shirt, and pants for his summer training.

Hanga also takes comfort in the Spurs' great reputation of incorporating foreign basketball players and points to Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili as prime examples.

Overall, Hanga says his visit with the Spurs only inspired him to work hard and feels he could be offered a contract by the Spurs in two seasons if he puts in the work.

Since the source is a Hungarian news website, Hanga's answers are a rough English translation as provided by Google Translate.

http://projectspurs.com/2011-article...o-seasons.html

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him. It's nice to hear that an overseas prospect is actually working towards/excited about coming over instead of stringing the team along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to Hungary tomorrow afternoon by chance. Go figure. Budapest-bound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hungary will play in August a qualifying tournament for the Eurobasket. The 2 best teams among Hungary, Finland and Portugal will play the Eurobasket. If Hungary advance, it will be a great opportunity to see Hanga at a high level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a quality prospect.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Im shocked the spurs didnt like at M Thomas or Skeen with that pick.
    Perhaps their roster is too full, and they WANTED to wait on a developing draft-n-stash prospect.

Or, maybe you need the ACME scouting refresher course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thomas is a very underrated defender, and SDSU was a very good defensive team thanks to him and Kawhi. Seeing we need a PF who can defend away from the basket I still would have rather had him.

Dont need any scouting refresher course, I helped sign 3 of VCU'S starters, 2 no one had ever heard of. Worked out well wouldnt you say??

Looking forward to signing one of our stars borther soon who is a very underrated player due to playing beside a duke signee.
    That's friggin awesome to have a connected guy offering his opinion on things in here.

ChuckD is just bummed nobody is signing up for his ACME "basketball for dummies" courses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thomas is a very underrated defender, and SDSU was a very good defensive team thanks to him and Kawhi. Seeing we need a PF who can defend away from the basket I still would have rather had him.

Dont need any scouting refresher course, I helped sign 3 of VCU'S starters, 2 no one had ever heard of. Worked out well wouldnt you say??

Looking forward to signing one of our stars borther soon who is a very underrated player due to playing beside a duke signee.
    I'm guessing you made sure that none of those guys had hands that were too big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.asia-basket.com/Iran/bask...?NewsID=233860

This is the mens hungarian team site so should be a good way follow hanga.
    http://www.eurobasket.com/Hungary/ba...?NewsID=233824

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    This guy oughta shoot 60% from downtown, then...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do messure hand size yes, as you know we are a 3pt shooting team. Guys with oversized hands make poor shooters and require alot more work, Given you only get a guy for 3-4 years they need to be able to come in a shoot right away.
    Not this discussion again...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a well done troll. Probably one of the best basketball related troll I've seen on this site to date.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys just on Adams thread. go troll a mens room you ing s. JUST SAY NO TO TROLLS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information