bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figured I'd start a new thread for this instead of burying it in the other one.

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/...1156416p1.html

Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced, Dated

Mass Effect 3, the third and final entry in BioWare's beloved trilogy, will drop later this year -- but gamers will be getting one last Commander Shepard adventure before then. Today, Electronic Arts announced what it calls the "final" Mass Effect 2 mission. led Mass Effect: Arrival, the downloadable content will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on March 29, 2011 and will feature three new achievements/trophies for the consoles. From the press release:

In Mass Effect: Arrival, Commander Shepard is sent to the edge of the galaxy to rescue an undercover operative who may have evidence of an imminent Reaper invasion that has been looming since the very beginning of the series. Returning and playing a prominent role in Mass Effect: Arrival is fan favorite Admiral Hackett, who is voiced by legendary science-fiction actor Lance Henriksen (Alien, Terminator). "All year, we have been extremely honored and humbled by the reception we have received for Mass Effect 2 from players around the world, including our post release DLC', said Casey Hudson, Executive Producer, Mass Effect series. "Mass Effect: Arrival is an exciting extension to Mass Effect 2 and will show players just how close the Reapers are to returning and completing their deadly harvest."
    Mass Effect: Arrival will be available for 560 Microsoft Points on Xbox 360, $6.99 on PlayStation Network, and also available for PC for 560 BioWare Points at the developer's site.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I just downloaded Shadow Broker a couple nights ago. Hopefully I can finish that, Overlord and this one in time for ME3.

Everybody's pissed at Bioware right now for butchering Dragon Age, but props to them for their post release support of ME2. It's tight that they're bridging the gap b/n 2 and 3.
    Last edited by balli; 03-18-2011 at 02:11 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I've gotten every ME2 to date; this won't be any different.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How are the DLC's for Mass Effect 2? Do they let you keep the loot for the main quest like Fallout?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    How are the DLC's for Mass Effect 2? Do they let you keep the loot for the main quest like Fallout?
    Yeah, all the DLC in integrated in the universe of your saved game. You'll get an alert to travel to planet X to meet person Y and the DLC usually begins.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sounds gnarly. Might get back into it to kill some time for Skyrim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, "loot" is kind of a loose term in Mass Effect 2. But some of the DLC give you new research and new weapons, all of which can be used the rest of the game. The DLCs can be done at any point during the regular storyline or after the suicide mission. And in the case of Shadowbroker, the dialogue changes depending on when you choose to do it. This new one sounds like it'll only be available after you finish the storyline since it's more of a bridge for ME2 and ME3.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Launch Trailer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally beat Mass Effect over the weekend (lost my save games halfway in the first time through). Time to move on to ME2!!!

Which game do you guys like more, and how highly does it rate on your list of favorite games of all time? Mass Effect is right there near the top 10 for me, loved it. The ability to actually role-play and make decisions that affected the game's progression was awesome.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally beat Mass Effect over the weekend (lost my save games halfway in the first time through). Time to move on to ME2!!!

Which game do you guys like more, and how highly does it rate on your list of favorite games of all time? Mass Effect is right there near the top 10 for me, loved it. The ability to actually role-play and make decisions that affected the game's progression was awesome.
    I like Mass Effect 2 better overall than the first one, although it does have its flaws.

No more inventory (I kinda miss "Loot") and having to mine planets for resources is annoying.

Those are pretty much at the top of my list when it comes to ME2, and they aren't really that bad. I couldnt say where I would put ME2 on my top ten list but it's right there near the top.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

ME1 is the best game I've played in the 360. ME2 does many things better, as it should, but the storyline and RPG elements in ME1 are superior, IMO.

Not to take anything away from ME2, I've beaten the game 4 times (only twice for ME1). But as you've probably seen me say in this thread, I was let down by the storyline (which they're trying to improve on in the DLC). With the direction it took, ME2 was basically made as a standalone game which didn't necessarily need ME1. It's evident they made ME1 and said "OK, where do we go next?..."

The self-contained storylines in ME2 are still great, but really don't tie in to the whole "trilogy" theme BioWare was telling us. I won't go into specifics since you're probably going to play ME2 soon anyways.
    Last edited by resistanze; 03-29-2011 at 04:15 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    BTW, word on the street is that gameplay is less than an hour for this DLC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, word on the street is that gameplay is less than an hour for this DLC.
    As it is for just about every Mass Effect DLC.

It was alright... nothing spectacular. At least it dealt with the reapers and gave some hints on how ME3 will start.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

They're about equal for me. I liked both storylines, and the final missions for both were pretty good, though ME1's was better.

I'd say more, but I'll wait til you finish ME2.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    As it is for just about every Mass Effect DLC.

It was alright... nothing spectacular. At least it dealt with the reapers and gave some hints on how ME3 will start.
    Ignoring LotSB, I'm pretty sure even Katsumi and Overlord were longer than this.

Very linear DLC, no meaningful conversation choices, just a bunch of solo shooting in uninteresting environments.

The bridge between ME2 and ME3 is spelled out for you, and sloppily so. Again, you seen on obviously this plot was grafted onto ME2, there's no fluidity. , if anything, this DLC makes me wonder what was the point the story in ME even more.
    5.5/10.

Thread Information