Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No feeling good about this one. Lee bolted for less money, the 3rd pitcher in our rotation wouldn't be in any of our division rivals' rotations, and we put our future ace's development on hold because Mark Lowe sucks. Even Nolan is backing off the 90 to 95 win prediction telling Galloway he's not sure after seeing the spring if this is even a 90 win team.

Lots have to fall our way if the Rangers will repeat as AL West Champs, let's hope it does.

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They might be able to "outtalent" the rest of the division but they will definitely be one and done in the playoffs, if they make it, unless they pull off another deadline deal

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why does everyone automatically assume the rotation will blow? This team was 1st in the division without Cliff Lee last year. I know you can't guarantee that Wilson/Lewis will perform just as well, but it seems like everyone is jumping off the ledge because Cliff Lee isn't here.

Also remember last year that Wilson/Lewis were back of the rotation guys. Harden/Feldman were considered the top 2 in the rotation. Everyone was scared to death of what Wilson/Lewis might or might not do.

Just saying none of us have any idea what to expect. All I expect is that Maddux will have our pitchers maximizing their potential which is all he's done since coming here.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And I think this is the breakout year for the Dutch Oven.

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    This team was 1st in the division without Cliff Lee last year.
    Well that's what I think will happen this season. The Rangers will do what the Yankees have done and just "outtalent" the other teams in the division despite having less than stellar pitching. This division still sucks ass and nobody made a big splash. LA is average, Seattle sucks, Oakland could make a run but their offense still scares nobody.

However, I think the team is a sitting duck come playoff time since we have no true ace. Brandon Webb has blown donkey from what I've heard and between Wilson/Lewis, one of them is probly gonna fall off, that's just what happens in baseball (probly CJ). The Wildcard, imho, is gonna be Holland.

But still nobody knows, I don't think anyone predicted last season would unfold the way it did

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't automatically think the rotation will blow, it's just on the surface it looks like a rotation full of holes. Our 3-5 starters are all about the same now except Tommy "11.42 Era" Hunter is out probably 6 weeks after he strained his balls.

I just don't understand stretching Feliz out and having him look like a top 2 pitcher in the rotation then not putting him there. If there's one thing JD and Nolan have proven is that they can scrounge the depth of the league and find guys who produce something unexpectedly, but you can do that with a closer or relief pitcher much easier than a frontline starter. The rotation would look a whole lot better with Feliz in the top 3, but hopefully Maddox pulls his greatest magic act yet and Holland becomes a stud while CJ and Cobra get even better.

I think a big reason they won last season is because the division sucked complete ass, and it will probably have to again for them to win this year.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But still nobody knows, I don't think anyone predicted last season would unfold the way it did
    I did tbh

I'm not sure what to think of the Rangers this season. There was alot to be encouraged about after last year, and there's alot to be encouraged about in terms of new ownership. But I just don't know if this is the year.

Texas will have the best bullpen in baseball. That's a given. They're absolutely loaded at that spot. I don't agree with keeping Feliz in the pen, but I don't hate the idea either. He could easily be the best closer in baseball within a year or two, and stay that way for another 15. I'm not nearly as confident about our starting rotation. It seems like we're putting a whole lot of faith in guys who have never shown an ability to stay healthy. Talentwise, our starters are definitely a step above last season. Essentially trading Harden for Millwood increased the talent but I don't see Harden putting in that workhorse inning total that Millwood put in. I have a feeling we're going to regret letting him go.

Offensively, it all depends on the youngsters. Can Borbon take another step? Can Davis keep his momentum going? Can Smoak come in at some point and contribute?

I have faith Kinsler will turn it around, and that Vlad will come up big for one last year. The key on offense is being able to produce runs while expecting nothing out of Josh Hamilton. Amazing how a year ago we all thought he was headed for supers om. Now, I'd take a .260/25/80 season out of him without thinking twice.

Overall, this team has what it takes to win the West. It all depends on if they can stay healthy, and if the offense can rebound from an abysmal 2009.

I say they go 90-72 this season, and hopefully that's enough to get into the playoffs.
    Other than being WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY off about Josh Hamilton, I'd say my analysis was pretty close.

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    crofl ya i remember you did. i think i acknowledged you in that thread

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the pitching staff looks like right now. Holland better take that next step this year and the offense needs to rake like it should. I expect JD to get another SP by the deadline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less than a week now!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does everyone automatically assume the rotation will blow? This team was 1st in the division without Cliff Lee last year. I know you can't guarantee that Wilson/Lewis will perform just as well, but it seems like everyone is jumping off the ledge because Cliff Lee isn't here.

Also remember last year that Wilson/Lewis were back of the rotation guys. Harden/Feldman were considered the top 2 in the rotation. Everyone was scared to death of what Wilson/Lewis might or might not do.

Just saying none of us have any idea what to expect. All I expect is that Maddux will have our pitchers maximizing their potential which is all he's done since coming here.
    This.

I'm more worried of the injuries they have going into opening day.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    My first opening day experience was everything I dreamed it would be. Awesome time. Now let's get a series win tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grand salami Beltre! Texas is making the Red Sox rotation look turrible

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    SWEEP!!

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh we all knew the offense would put up video game like numbers this year

If Harrison pitches even remotely like he did today and we get some sort of quality play from any combination of Webb, Hunter, Holland, or Ogando then

ml=fcked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great way to start the season..Sweeping the almighty Red Sox..way to go boys...let's get back to the WS...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Andrus home run!!!! LMAO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol ESPN having the Yanks as #1 in the Power Rankings.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Holland ran into trouble at times, but did a good job limiting damage. I'm satisfied with what he gave us tonight.

PS: new sig! It's after Elvis hit his HR and he was given the cold shoulder in the dugout.

Thread Information