Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG what a joke that game was. I dont think any of the NBA players care at all. 211-186? IS you kiddin me? Absolutely ZERO defense and jackin up 3pt shots like rainfall. Why do we even have this game anymore? Maybe some incentives will bring this game back to life? $500K bonus to the winning team/players? Free Gwagons to the side pieces of these players? Who knows. Its unwatchable anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All star games in any sport have always been pointless, glorified exhibition games, so I don’t get it when people about players not playing hard or no defense

smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Accordingly to lefty it’s high scoring because of the skills involved. Yesterdays plumbers and accountants couldn’t even post up 150 in an all star game lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All star games in any sport have always been pointless, glorified exhibition games, so I don’t get it when people about players not playing hard or no defense

smh
    Un smh........... in the "REAL" NBA the teams actually cared a little bit. The intensity of the AllStar game definitely picked up in the 3rd and especially the 4th quarter. Now all deez niggras are friends and do not care to beat the other side. Sad and its totally ruined the AllStar game, which was at least half way decent back in the "REAL" NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Un smh........... in the "REAL" NBA the teams actually cared a little bit. The intensity of the AllStar game definitely picked up in the 3rd and especially the 4th quarter. Now all deez niggras are friends and do not care to beat the other side. Sad and its totally ruined the AllStar game, which was at least half way decent back in the "REAL" NBA.
    No they didn't give a except a few all star games
    And when they did it was pretty stupid , it's a ing exhibition game, not game 7 of the Finals

Some players in the "good ol' days" even said they would skip the ASG but Stern wouldn't have been happy about it

I don't blame today's players for not giving a about the asg tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Accordingly to lefty it’s high scoring because of the skills involved. Yesterdays plumbers and accountants couldn’t even post up 150 in an all star game lol.
    Well duh. it's logical

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    why risk hurting yourself in a meaningless game, especially since mj-stans and the media made it so that star player legacies are entirely dependent on winning a boatload of championships and that if you don't you are an utter failure of a basketball player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why risk hurting yourself in a meaningless game, especially since mj-stans and the media made it so that star player legacies are entirely dependent on winning a boatload of championships and that if you don't you are an utter failure of a basketball player
    EXACTLY!!! Thats why I asked should it just go away? Its really become stupid IMHO.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    EXACTLY!!! Thats why I asked should it just go away? Its really become stupid IMHO.
    or maybe viewers should simply not expect a serious game, but rather a borderline comedy show, which is what it's been for as long as I can remember. the only times I've seen seriousness (in any era, not just modern era as some people make it out to be) is if the game is close in the 4th. otherwise it's basically been the same, just great players goofing around and showing off some highlights that normally can't happen in compe ive, meaningful games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Commissioner Fabbs would bring in the dancing teams from all the clubs that have them and have a dance off.

Teams with spineless owners like the Spurs, without cheerleaders would be fined heavily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams don’t even try in the regular season. Why would they try in an all star game? The game is a joke nowadays. Tbh I view to 2020s as the equivalent to the 1960s. Both are a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the league Adam Silver had wet dreams about and if he doesn't like how it turned out, then too bad.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like The Simpsons. I'll tune in for old time's sake and then 3 1/2 minutes in I can't stand it any more and switch it off. No one's saying these guys have to play like it's a playoff game or an important regular season game but it's unwatchable when guys don't even get in defensive stances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or maybe viewers should simply not expect a serious game, but rather a borderline comedy show, which is what it's been for as long as I can remember. the only times I've seen seriousness (in any era, not just modern era as some people make it out to be) is if the game is close in the 4th. otherwise it's basically been the same, just great players goofing around and showing off some highlights that normally can't happen in compe ive, meaningful games.
    Yep tin those 8-s-90s al star games they would around during the 1st 3 quarters and if it was close after 3 then they would compete
    1992 was a Magic Johnsion sucking fet

The only legit ASG was the 2001 one, with the East coming back to win the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the whole All-Star weekend sucks. The only thing worth watching is the 3-point contest.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    at the AS game with 10 games under his belt
    Luka's failed dunk and full court heave with 45 seconds on the clock.
    Kawhi's 2nd consecutive airball
    G Leaguer and WNBA player taking a wet on the rest of the All Star weekend.

But yeah, why saturate the fan with dunks and 3pt shooting when that's what you're trying to sell them in the rest of the games?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    oh and the TNT folks not mentioning the game in the 2nd half, but instead ting on San Francisco.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Didn't even know it was on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow Spok broke character.

Does Silver think it's logical to continue the current All Star format as long as it is making shekels?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should have gone away a long time ago. compete waste of time for the fans and the players.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    "Lacking incentive"

How does it feel for NBA fans to see that? The players are supposed to be showcasing the city they play for.

This reminds me of how many of these guys treat representing Team USA at the Olympics. Rewatch Ohtani vs Trout in the World Baseball Classic. Randy Arozarena representing Mexico. Motivating to see.

Durant, what a bust. Guy is on pace to be less influential than Malone.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The "problem" with the ASG is few if any of the players are likeable. In the past you had the charismatic personalities on the floor who would entertain the crowd some how. Now it's a bunch of pretend thugs who can't get the chip off their shoulders long enough to realize they are entertainers. No one even knows who some of these guys are. I wouldn't tune in to see two no names having a half court 3pt shooting contest. At least when Magic and Michael goofed off it was worth watching. Does anyone really care to see Giannis and 40 year old Lebron? These guys catch feelings too easy, take themselves too seriously. Maybe the money did that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should have gone away a long time ago. compete waste of time for the fans and the players.
    Should have never been created in the 1st place

Pro athletes would prefer not to participate, but they don't want to be fined

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tdays nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that you are still watching

Thread Information