Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gopher, you should've taken the Post Office job. That way you could've still worn your AF uniforms

Also, you should check out W.E.B. Griffin's latest By Order Of The President.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I do buy some of my clothes at Wal-Mart but you all know I'm a cheap bas .
    Dress at work used to be business casual but then they decided that on "casual" Friday's the work was better so now we have "casual" dress all the time which is great.
    I buy shirts off the bargain racks and I too have found some good buys at Target.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    You can get clothes priced just as low as Wal Mart elsewhere. And usually of better quality.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    You can get clothes priced just as low as Wal Mart elsewhere. And usually of better quality.
    You must be a better shopper than I am!!!
    I haven't seen too many shirts at Marshall's or Kohl's at Wal-Mart prices but then again I don't shop at Marshall's or Kohl's that often.
    Don't get me wrong, when I used to have to wear business attire I dressed to kill but those days are gone.
    I used to like Solo Serve and other outlets.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I've seen shirts and jeans at Acadmey for under 10 bucks. Man, I just hate Wal Mart!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Yeah, I like Academy too. I get most of my clothes in San Marcos and haven't paid more than 15 bucks on a pair of jeans in years and they always last me years.

I'd better watch what I post if I'm going to show up at a GTG.

may the force kick yo ass ObiwanGinobili's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If it were me I'd hit the follwoing stores in this order:

Ross
    Marshalls
    Target
    Old Navy
    the goodwill.

yeah I said it, the goodwill. I have never had a problem finding something i needed there... not to mention the one at Blanco/410 has a whole section of stuff from North Star Mall with the tags still on... they were donated from Macy's and stuff.

It would take me about 8 hours on a Saterday or 4 hours ona a weekday to do this shopping trip, and I would refuse to spend more than $20 for the pants per pair and $12 per shirt. But by time I got home I'd have everythign I needed.

Damn, I am a shopping champion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    If it were me I'd hit the follwoing stores in this order:

Ross
    Marshalls
    Target
    Old Navy
    the goodwill.

yeah I said it, the goodwill. I have never had a problem finding something i needed there... not to mention the one at Blanco/410 has a whole section of stuff from North Star Mall with the tags still on... they were donated from Macy's and stuff.

It would take me about 8 hours on a Saterday or 4 hours ona a weekday to do this shopping trip, and I would refuse to spend more than $20 for the pants per pair and $12 per shirt. But by time I got home I'd have everythign I needed.

My cheap ass likes your list but I'd start from the bottom and I feel too old to go into Old Navy. And I like your price limits although mine a little lower.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Burlington Coat Factory (281 & Bitters) is another really good place to try, they weren't too expensive and they had nice things.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And ^rack^ the Goodwill store...the very first time I went in there I found 3 pairs Hilfiger jeans, new w/tags, for $5/ea. You have to dig like a mofo, though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I moving to SA at the end of the month. I happily volunteer to be your shopping companion.

may the force kick yo ass ObiwanGinobili's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I moving to SA at the end of the month. I happily volunteer to be your shopping companion.

LOL! No problem.. but your driving babe. I just watched my last running vehicle travel down the road to it's new home and it's new family. *sniff*

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You really get what you pay for. I'm all for bargains and the such, but I would never buy clothes from Marshalls or Ross -- for the most part, they suck.

Target and Walmart you can find some good deals. Burlington has some good stuff. But you probably should go to a department store such as Foleys or even JC Penneys I guess and get some quality, long-lasting items on sale.

Speaking of shopping, are we having a shopping GTG the day the Shops at La Cantera open?

Rich and Smooth
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't believe no one has mentioned Burke's. It has really cheap prices but you have to really inspect the clothes. Last week they had Dockers for $14.99 . It is located at Grissom and Bandera.

Sam's and Cost-co also have pretty good prices on pants and polo shirts!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    And ^rack^ the Goodwill store...the very first time I went in there I found 3 pairs Hilfiger jeans, new w/tags, for $5/ea.
    The longer right pant leg didn't bother you?

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The longer right pant leg didn't bother you?

Do you know how much clothes (especially children's clothes) that I have bought or gotten as gifts, they didn't like/wouldn't wear/didn't fit, that I've donated to Goodwill with the tags still on over the last 10 years!?!?!? Some of it pretty expensive stuff.

I don't do that anymore, though, I call either Medina Children's Home or SAMM's shelter and they'll come pick up the stuff--where the people who need it actually get it.

But the jeans were fine...also, I bought them for my daughter to make her shorts out of them, so that wouldn't have mattered much.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    in SA i only shop at saks, marshall fields,(which one is the one thats still open?) and macys

Thread Information