Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I start my new job on the 15th.... My closet has the following:

AF uniforms

Four pair (two old, two new) of Wranglers.

Four button-down long sleeve shirts (Western style).

Four old "golf shirts"

8 pair of running shorts

Four pairs of running shoes.

One pair of Cowboy boots.

The dress "code" is slacks and "polo" style shirts.... With the exception of Wal-Mart, where I refuse to shop, and the BX.... which lacks selection, where do you all buy clothes??? How much should I expect to pay???

You think I'm kidding... but don't wear a lot of "civilian" clothes....

Thanks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you want to buy clothes in a hurry and don't have much cash to do so, I would recommend Kohl's. They always have great buys on Docker's and polo style shirts.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kohl's is excellent. In a pinch, Ross comes up with some great stuff sometimes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks... I thought Kohl's was a "chick store"... guess not.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    I'm a fan of Dockers, you can usually find them for $30-$35 at places like JCPenney's, Foley's, etc.

For polo shirts, you can usually find them anywhere. Last time I bought one was at Target and it's pretty comfortable and soft.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I've actualy found a bunch of really cheap and pretty decent shirt at Target of all places. It's all pretty contemporary stuff, and nothing that is going to seem to flashy at all.

For slacks, I usually go to Marshalls or Ross because they get good deptartment store stuff that is out of season for really cheap. I've gotten like 4 pair of Perry Ellis and Ralph Lauren slacks for 15 bucks a pop. Slacks are slacks to me, and last seasons looks just like this seasons. They hav a decent shirt selection at times there as well, but I don't usually find stuff I like.

Kohls isn't bad either. I've gotten several shirts there. Usually, I get solid color shirts, nothing that's too out there. I like to keep it simple. They do charge a bit more than the above mentoined stores.

Old Navy usually has cheap slacks too, but I find they fall apart WAY too fast. And the buttom up shirts that I get there wrinkle along the buttons and I can never iron that out. I used to shop there a lot more, but lately I've just gotten tired of how cheap their stuff is. Their shorts and jeans are ok as well, but once again they fall apart too quickly. I like clothes that actually lasts.

All in all, I'd try target. I really was suprised by some of the stuff I've gotten there. I like them a lot and it's pretty damn cheap. Beware, though. Some of the shirts are a to iron.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Damnit, I'm not typing all that again.

Basically, I agree with Manny about ON's slacks and shirts (although I still like the shirts and the price). Jeans are so-so (but I paid $5 for them at the outlets) and I love the shorts.

I was also going to suggest the outlets, but only if you're already there. At this time of year, there's no real deals going on unless you want to really search hard.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ross does have good name brand clothing, but you will have to hunt for them in the racks, which I hate. Best stuff to buy there are their dress shirts and ties.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Ross does have good name brand clothing, but you will have to hunt for them in the racks, which I hate. Best stuff to buy there are their dress shirts and ties.
    \

Yeah, I hate going in there to hunt for stuff and coming out empty handed. Those racks SUCK.

SW: Hot As Hell
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Academy has some cheap polo like shirts for $9.99/$14.99. I was supprised at those prices and some of the jeans they had on the cheap. They also had a few cheap slacks as well. There is a clothing store in the Lincoln Heights, I can't remember the name, but it's like a upscale SoloServe if you know what that means.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I would also suggest Burlington.

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Eddie Bauer, Banana Republic, and A&F.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Eddie Bauer, Banana Republic, and A&F.
    Somehow I doubt that Gopher's going to Abercrombie.

When I was looking for a suit a few months back, I went to Second Looks in Alamo Heights. It was pretty nice and they had some decent prices on high-end stuff.

Also, K&G was really helpful and seemed to have a big selection (of suits, at least). Might want to try there.

Sports weenie @ full attention Assman's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No Express, no care.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Somehow I doubt that Gopher's going to Abercrombie.

When I was looking for a suit a few months back, I went to Second Looks in Alamo Heights. It was pretty nice and they had some decent prices on high-end stuff.

Also, K&G was really helpful and seemed to have a big selection (of suits, at least). Might want to try there.

JB.... you got that right....

Thanks everybody.... It was pretty funny when I looked in my closet last week and said "Holy ! What the have I been wearing for the past 22 years???".

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How about ..... one of the ladies of this forum step up and offer an afternoon of fashion consulting, and Gopher buys dinner.

If you wind up going solo Gopher, take User666squared's tip and head to your nearest Academy.

BTW, 666, that upscale SoloServe you referred to .... Stein Mart?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My men buy their clothes from department stores like JCPenny's, Dillard's and Foley's. Old Navy is for the younger crowd and that doesn't sound like GopherGeorge.

I see you more as a "Tim the Tool Man" kind of dresser.....and I like that.

SW: Hot As Hell
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How about ..... one of the ladies of this forum step up and offer an afternoon of fashion consulting, and Gopher buys dinner.

If you wind up going solo Gopher, take User666squared's tip and head to your nearest Academy.

BTW, 666, that upscale SoloServe you referred to .... Stein Mart?
    Yep that's the name. I have to go back there and pick up some XLT shirts that they have every once in a while. They have a few suits too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hit up Target and Old Navy.
    Old Navy blows. Made real cheap.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Yeah, I like the stuff I've gotten at Target (all shirts) but Old Navy is really cheaply made. I'll get cargo shorts there, but thats about it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Foley's had a kick ass sale this weekend on Dress Shirts; button down, collared shirts. Kenneth Cole, Perry Ellis, Geoffrey Beene, Claiborne, etc. A little dressier than polo's but you may want to pick some up. The slacks were on sale as well. I believe the sale is on-going through this week.

Aside from that, Kohl's would be the best bet. Decent clothes for reasonable prices.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Man, I love Kenneth Cole shirts. They are the best syle by far for me. But they are so ing outrageously expensive. Over 100 bucks sometimes at Foleys and Dillards!!! I can't spend that much one ONE shirt.

I have been lucky enough to find a couple that I love at Marshalls or Ross.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, they can be expensive Manny. I too love Kenneth Cole shirts and slacks. The slacks are on sale for $40. They are flat front and pretty sharp lookin'. The KC shirts on sale range from $27.99 to 37.99. The ones that aren't are $49.99 (mind you, these are just the dress shirts. Those $100 shirts aren't in my league!). You can also sign up for Foley's mailing list. I got an email for an additional 10% off. Not too bad.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You Americans spend too much on clothing and that is a very bad thing.

I like simple khaki.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Academy has nice casual clothes (and I'm not talking about hunting gear) @ a real affordable price

Thread Information