Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's a ing TV series, dude. You're comparing an HBO TV series with some of the most absurdly expensive budgeted movies of all time, and a series where the third movie takes a on the audience for three hours.
    what the does $ have to do with this?

I can name you tons of low budget movies that get the ambience and realism just right. Eraserhead for example.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    what the does $ have to do with this?

I can name you tons of low budget movies that get the ambience and realism just right. Eraserhead for example.
    This had the look and feel of the book almost spot on in this first episode, your statement made little sense.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This had the look and feel of the book almost spot on in this first episode, your statement made little sense.
    just because it is a decent transfer from the book does not make it a great movie/show.

don't get me wrong, it looks decent. But due to the missing "ambience" and "realism" it is definitely not living up to the hype that HBO has put on it.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You're the one with the ridiculous opinion. You first.

ting on Erikson is too easy.

Hey Bruce... Lebron is the Rock Sec24Row7's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Get Ready for 10-12 more episodes!

Hopefully this puts pressure on the bearded troll of an author to finally finish Dance with Dragons and get a good start on Winds of Winter.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/19/ga...rones-renewed/

Winter is coming — back!

HBO has renewed its fantasy series Game of Thrones after airing only one episode. The show’s second season will likely debut next year and will be based on George R.R. Martin’s second book in his Song of Ice and Fire series, A Clash of Kings.

“We are delighted by the way David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have brought George R.R. Martin’s amazing book series to the screen, and thrilled by the support of the media and our viewers,” said Michael Lombardo, president of HBO. “This is the continuation of an exciting creative partnership.”

As previously reported, a Thrones renewal was likely even before the show premiered given HBO’s big investment in creating the world of Westeros and the potential back-end from international sales and DVD.

Sunday’s premiere ratings were fairly healthy too, with the drama delivering 4.2 million viewers across three airings.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    HBO just grabbing the Dungeon n Dragon nerds they supposed to grab

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I understand the show doesn't have time to fit every moment from the novel but I would have really liked to have seen the practice sword-fight between Bran and Tommen(the one that Arya and Jon watch from above - Joffrey and Sandor laugh at Robb and the Starks for using wooden swords during their training sessions). It also seems like they're adding in a few moments of their own(the Ned/Jaime interaction in the hall about the tourney). Thankfully, they seemed to have aged a few of the characters like Dany. Otherwise, it would have incredibly awkward during the sex scenes(she was like, what, fourteen in the book?).

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    just because it is a decent transfer from the book does not make it a great movie/show.

don't get me wrong, it looks decent. But due to the missing "ambience" and "realism" it is definitely not living up to the hype that HBO has put on it.
    My only gripe is the lack of extras and the scaled down settings. Kinda expected everything to be a bit more grandiose(hundreds of people going about their duties, gigantic castles/towers) after reading the books. But, to be fair, they did a great job with the plot and the characters. Pretty solid casting all-around.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Top 10 grossing movies of all-time, US Box Office

1. Avatar (2009) $760,505,847
    2. anic (1997) $600,779,824
    3. The Dark Knight (2008) $533,316,061
    4. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) $460,935,665
    5. Shrek 2 (2004) $436,471,036
    6. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) $434,949,459
    7. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) $431,065,444
    8. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006) $423,032,628
    9. Toy Story 3 (2010) $414,984,497
    10. Spider-Man (2002) $403,706,375

Of those movies, only one could be considered not sci-fi or fantasy. Maybe 2, but I'm not sure what category you'd put "Toy Story" under.

But I guess having swords and magic makes it nerdier than liking Avatar or Pirates.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Game of Thrones is more War of the Roses than it is Dungeons and Dragons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Saw it having no context for the source material. Thought it was pretty good. Maybe a little too self serious for my taste when compared to the high adventure feel of LOTRs, but entertaining nonetheless.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Daenerys Targaryen is freaking hot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You know how Manu Ginobili had a dull look in his eyes his rookie year... not really sure what was expected of him?

Just wait.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I pictured her being extremely attractive judging from Martin's description of her, though I'm not sure if he ever explicitly states as to her level of attractiveness.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In. Huge fan of Sean Bean; dude was made for Sword&Shield/Medieval movies. I even sat through that entire movie of his - Black Death.
    That was a good movie. Not sure why you phrased it that way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    How did those barbarians at the end take turns ing the girl with pants on? wtf..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're the one with the ridiculous opinion. You first.

ting on Erikson is too easy.
    i already did. You responded to that post.

its a fantasy series. saying there is some ultimate truth is stupid.

I saw the progression of the story board in Martin's books and it goes like bad television. You dig that then fine. i dont.

I prefer the setting and flow of Erikson better. i am really not all that excited about dwarf penis.

whatevs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How did those barbarians at the end take turns ing the girl with pants on? wtf..
    Even HBO with their penchant for realism has to take artistic license sometimes...they probably thought it would be in bad taste to show a big barbarian /gang bang.

Pain Strength Happiness ManuBalboa's Avatar
    Name
    Leonard Washington
    A little town by the name of none of your god damned business.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That was a good movie. Not sure why you phrased it that way.
    I just wasn't really feeling it. I'll try to watch it again and see what happened. I love anything with swords in it and I have never played D&D. It reminds of me a time I never knew when adventure still existed.

Even HBO with their penchant for realism has to take artistic license sometimes...they probably thought it would be in bad taste to show a big barbarian /gang bang.
    Oh, that's coming in Spartacus Season 3 for sureeee.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What did everyone think last night??

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm about to watch it.

Pain Strength Happiness ManuBalboa's Avatar
    Name
    Leonard Washington
    A little town by the name of none of your god damned business.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Without any knowledge of the source material, I already love this series. brb raising a dire wolf pup

My Playlist > Yours Pistons < Spurs's Avatar
    Name
    Erik Senecal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Kansas Jayhawks
    Never heard of the books, but have thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 episodes. I just wish they were more than 1 hour long. By the time you really get into it, the show is almost over. I might skip a few weeks, and then do a mini marathon one weekend.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Daenerys is hot enough to keep me watching indefinitely. As a bonus, it's been pretty damn entertaining and faithful. I liked the second ep too.

Thread Information