Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Best episode of the season so far. Was rooting for Stark to kill the Lanaster.

Pain Strength Happiness ManuBalboa's Avatar
    Name
    Leonard Washington
    A little town by the name of none of your god damned business.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The series was much more enjoyable before I started listening to the audio books lol. I'm up to ch. 47/72. Still love the show though.

Hey Bruce... Lebron is the Rock Sec24Row7's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    manubalboa, did you finish?

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Best episode of the season was last night. Pretty epic. Can't wait for the war between the Starks and Lanasters, I hope the King's false son ends up dead somehow, kids a anyway. Happy Dany's brother finally got killed, dude was just re ed.

Needs more episodes of Jon Snow though, my favorite character on this show.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Best episode of the season was last night. Pretty epic. Can't wait for the war between the Starks and Lanasters, I hope the King's false son ends up dead somehow, kids a anyway. Happy Dany's brother finally got killed, dude was just re ed.

Needs more episodes of Jon Snow though, my favorite character on this show.
    Jon remains a great character throughout the books but Jaime Lannister ends up being a far more interesting character as the books progress IMHO.

Those that haven't read the books, keep hope that the TV series stays active so you can see how things pan out (at least its guaranteed another season already).... You think its a "Game of Thrones" now, you have no idea what your in for....

I find myself fidgeting in my seat trying to hold back from spoiling it for my friends that are watching the show. In a way though, its satisfying to me seeing a scene played out visually that I played out in my head when reading. Some of it is close to what I imagined, but a lot of it gives a fresh prospective on the characters involved and such.

The books are much better though, as is pretty much always the case and thats not the shows fault at all. Its just inherent that you cant cram pages and pages of a characters personal thoughts into a TV show thats an hour long and expect to keep it interesting.

For instance, when Bran takes off on his horse alone and is attacked by those Wildlings, his wolf (or his brothers, cant remember) s them up bad in the books, but yet there was no sign of it in the TV scene. That was disappointing. Also, there where some key internal thoughts from each character that could not really be conveyed visually.

I'd venture to guess that those of you who have not read the books would appreciate it even more if you did read them after the series, or as the series continues.... It would give you a different type of understanding than those of us who have already read the books and already understand the basics of whats going on and whats to come.
    Last edited by phyzik; 05-24-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Best ing death scene ever. Here , have a crown!

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Tyrion's speech in front of the open gate was much funnier than in the books. good stuff! they did a good job on the crowning too, tho the gold sure did melt down fast haha.

Name
    Leonard Washington
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I finally finished the audio book of Game of Thrones. I must say, I am not looking forward to the end of book 1 on the tv screen because of who gets killed

I just started Clash of Kings. Can't wait to see/hear what happens with my boy Jon Snow.

Also, I am kind of disappointed the TV Show keeps shying away from showcasing the Dire Wolves. Like said above, they didn't even showcase them in the woods when Grey Wind saves Bran/Robert. They also didn't even put them in the scene when Tyrion returns to Winterfell and is confronted by a pissed off Robert. They should also be a lot bigger by now I thought, but I guess they are wanting to stay away from CGI for as long as possible.

Next week's episode has already been leaked btw. It is downright epic.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Every big moment from the book has been done fantastically on the TV.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Never read the books but I have seen all the episodes so far. Fantastic yet graphic entertainment. The characters, action scenes, plot twists, and overall story is worth your time and its on track to becoming one of HBO's best series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I finally finished the audio book of Game of Thrones. I must say, I am not looking forward to the end of book 1 on the tv screen because of who gets killed

I just started Clash of Kings. Can't wait to see/hear what happens with my boy Jon Snow.

Also, I am kind of disappointed the TV Show keeps shying away from showcasing the Dire Wolves. Like said above, they didn't even showcase them in the woods when Grey Wind saves Bran/Robert. They also didn't even put them in the scene when Tyrion returns to Winterfell and is confronted by a pissed off Robert. They should also be a lot bigger by now I thought, but I guess they are wanting to stay away from CGI for as long as possible.

Next week's episode has already been leaked btw. It is downright epic.
    HBO released it on their website HBOGO in order to promote it. I've been debating watching it but since I'll be out of town this weekend I probably will just open it up in a bit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hopefully after the season ends there will be an increase in readership of the book series... the latest installment comes out july 12.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Well, episode 7 is ing amazing.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Hopefully after the season ends there will be an increase in readership of the book series... the latest installment comes out july 12.
    Book 1 has already had a big time bump in sales. Hard to believe, but it just barely hit the NY Times bestseller list for the first time. A ing shame if you ask me.

Yes, the HBOGo early preview episode was ing nuts. Best one so far. Khal Drogo had me in goosebumps.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    The only thing that sucks is that you know this is mostly the groundwork for season 2. Bad ass groundwork, but it we won't see what happens for a year.

Name
    Leonard Washington
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Word. Seeing Khal Drogo give the pre-game speech was epic. Sucks what will happen though. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, episode 7 is ing amazing.
    Manny... you need to read the series... it's a lot better... the fact that the series is so good... is a testament to just how freaking amazing the books are.

The first season isn't just groundwork... the series is a slow build... but as one door closes another opens... and lots close and open throughout... what Martin does... is make you absolutely fall in love or hate characters... then put them through trying situations that make you laugh, cry... or change your mind about a character entirely. He's an amazing author... you saw what he thinks about chivalry on a micro scale in episode 6 during the trial by combat.

Manubalboa... shhhh!!! lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Yeah I'm actually listening to the GOT audiobook right now. I think Jess has all of the books so I need to ask her. I know exactly what you guys are talking about because she accidently let the spoiler out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Apparently Martin lives in our town. Gotta be on the lookout for him. Lots of Authors live in this area.

Do you expect me to talk? DieMrBond's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Book 1 has already had a big time bump in sales. Hard to believe, but it just barely hit the NY Times bestseller list for the first time. A ing shame if you ask me.
    Going on an International Holiday, so havent been able to buy these books yet - but went to the library to rent them... bloody things are missing from them all! IN AUSTRALIA.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can this be watched online. I literally don't watch any TV shows. All I watch is sports. However, this sounds pretty cool so I would like to watch and I don't have HBO. I have NETFLIX Streaming though...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can this be watched online. I literally don't watch any TV shows. All I watch is sports. However, this sounds pretty cool so I would like to watch and I don't have HBO. I have NETFLIX Streaming though...
    Get icefilms working on your comp and you're golden.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I want something legal

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I want something legal
    I thought so but I wasn't sure.

I think the only way to actually watch HBO online legally is to actually have HBO at home and go through here

http://www.hbo.com/#/explore-hbo/hbo-go.html

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks, I'll just wait and see if I can catch it later.

Thread Information