Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1816
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Holy . For some reason I thought we were a week or two away. I'm going to have to go into hibernation for a while to avoid spoilers. I'm going to be out of town for a while and I won't get a chance to start this until I get back (may try to wait until it's over).

There's also Endgame and Cobra Kai I have to watch.
    How's this working out?

There's always a cuck that wants to talk about Game of Thrones at work. I dont know how you can even avoid the chit chat in between passes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How's this working out?

There's always a cuck that wants to talk about Game of Thrones at work. I dont know how you can even avoid the chit chat in between passes.
    Eh, so far so good. I figure the first episode is pretty harmless anyway. I'm going to be out of town and more or less offline for the next couple weeks, but I don't know how I'll last past that because I'm sure will have gone down by then and people will be talking about it when I go back to work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There might be a dragon in winterfell in the crypts and the night king will bring it back to life?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There might be a dragon in winterfell in the crypts and the night king will bring it back to life?
    The Night king is pretty overpowered already. Giving him a second dragon is overkill.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Crazy about what? Good television shows? Is that just a guy thing? Chicks only watch soap operas and Housewives of Whatever in your world?
    Gothic fantasy fiction.

Before there was GoT there was Twilight.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gothic fantasy fiction.

Where are you getting gothic vibes from?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Where are you getting gothic vibes from?
    Dragons
    Magic
    "Kings and queens"
    "Knights and renegades"
    Medieval vibes
    Fantasy fiction
    Entirely filmed in various parts of Europe
    Daenarys Targyaren's hair

etc...

I missed one that fits in that category, before GoT craze and after Twilight craze... Hunger Games.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Gothic fantasy fiction.

The first book came out in 1995 and was always pretty popular. As usual you really don’t know what you are talking about

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I like the new episode (lol German Amazon Prime). Jaime probably has the most screentime out of everybody, and he's great as always. There are no dragons at all in this episode, which probably hasn't happened since season six. Ghost makes appears in the background of one scene atop the Walls of Winterfell with Jon, Edd, and Sam.

If you are one of those re s who needs their action, then skip this episode. Otherwise, you will have to settle for characters interacting and planning the upcoming battle.

For those who think I am bull ting:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    This was a good one. Love me some Tormund. Can't wait for next week.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    really don’t arya. hope she dies the next episode tbh. would’ve liked to see have seen some euron.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Lame of Thrones

im fine with a slow burn but not if you only have 6 episodes to work with

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This episode was better than the first.

Thought it hinted at who might actually die fairly strongly. I think Theon, and therefore Bran will mostly likely die in their efforts to draw out the Night King.

Bran seems pretty useless. He doesn't even know how to deal with the Night King let along how to defeat him. The "No one ever tried" line was kind of a give away about his own future.

Seems to me his usefulness stopped at finding out who Jon really was.

I'm 50/50 on Tyrion. Things aren't looking too good for him. Way too much talk and foreshadowing about him dying in this episode.

Grey Worm talking about touring the country with Missandei is a fate sealer too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Nobody else finds Tyrion su ious? How long can he keep ing up before people start to wonder if he is doing it on purpose? He's already on his last leg with Daenerys.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Did we really need an hour of everyone holding their s in winterfell? What a episode tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did we really need an hour of everyone holding their s in winterfell? What a episode tbh
    Same thing I thought fam. I felt like they could have combined these two episodes especially considering how short the season is going to be. They're going to rush it again like last season.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I mean if there werent 6 total episodes this season it wouldn't bug the out of me for so much set up.

GoT will go down as an excellent TV case study on writing quality based on source materials

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    they should just ship bran's ass to kings landing to draw the undead army there tbh

also imo, based on the footage we've seen of people running in the crypts, i think the night king is gonna resurrect the dead that have been buried there.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I dont get the complaints people have for the first two episodes. There is nothing wrong with spending a couple of episodes with just the characters getting together and having their last moments in front of a fire and shooting the .

People seem to forget this show spent the first 2 seasons with people just talking with minimal action.

Is not like episode 3,4,5 and 6 won't be an hour and 20 minutes each so cool your horses.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I dont get the complaints people have for the first two episodes. There is nothing wrong with spending a couple of episodes with just the characters getting together and having their last moments in front of a fire and shooting the .

People seem to forget this show spent the first 2 seasons with people just talking with minimal action.

Is not like episode 3,4,5 and 6 won't be an hour and 20 minutes each so cool your horses.
    this show spent 7 seasons building up the army of the dead and they're going to have it all resolve in a 1-2 episode battle?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this show spent 7 seasons building up the army of the dead and they're going to have it all resolve in a 1-2 episode battle?
    Actually they spent most of it on Dany's conquest for the Throne and the characters that matter.

What are you looking for here? A 30 episode goku vs grieza type battle arch? get real.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Here's an interesting theory already out there.

The Night King won't even be at Winterfell. He's making a pit stop at Kings Landing and starting a war out there too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Actually they spent most of it on Dany's conquest for the Throne and the characters that matter.

What are you looking for here? A 30 episode goku vs grieza type battle arch? get real.
    or Dany devolving from the great white hope to just another power hungry tyrant. she's already paranoid. lost a dragon. now thinks jon might be plotting against her. doesnt trust sansa. barely trusts tyrion. imo she's gonna go overboard and get killed. jon will take control of her dragons.

i never said the dead have been the focal point of the show... they've been given alarmingly little screentime for how much they've been talked about though. feels like there have been a few seasons already where the final scene was the army of the dead slowly marching south, time and time again. we've been reminded of this epic threat ad nauseam. bran's whole journey has been all about the dead. jons entire journey has been all about the dead. sam was sent to the citadel to study how to deal with the dead stannis gave up his crusade to take the throne (temporarily) so that he can deal with the dead. daenerys abandoned her conquest of king's landing so she can deal with the treat of the dead.

it just feels weird for it all to come down to a single battlefield event. seemed much bigger than that.

i think it makes more sense for the dead to march past winterfell, maybe sending a portion of their troops there as a decoy, and marching straight to kings landing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I think the show can be wrapped up in 300 minutes. People are acting like there are so many storylines left when there isn't. There's no fake Aegon like there is in the books. There's the battle against the Army of The Dead and there's the battle against Cersei. Obviously, a load of people are going to die next Sunday, which will further simplify the plot. For all we know, the Night King will appear at Winterfell and then King's Landing, combining both conflicts.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It would have seemed really rushed to me if the battle happened in episode 2. And we definitely don't need 2 episodes devoted to the battle. One is plenty.

I liked this episode. Devoted to all of our favorite characters and how they behave when death is literally approaching. The show has been overdue to slow down. There's really not a whole lot left to accomplish, I think the episodes they have left are plenty of time.

Thread Information