Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1816
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked the episode.. Lot's of dialog, but entertaining dialog IMO. It was the calm before the storm, that's all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    again, i dont mind the slow burn of a show, doesnt all have to be fireworks. just seems like there should be more urgency given the 6 episode season

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Winterfell will fall and the last battles I’ll take place in Kings landing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    really don’t arya. hope she dies the next episode tbh. would’ve liked to see have seen some euron.
    This tbh. They have made her insufferable. All of a sudden she is some kind of bad ass at everything? She was able to spar with Brienne of Tarth who is one of the best fighters on the show all of a sudden? that noise.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This tbh. They have made her insufferable. All of a sudden she is some kind of bad ass at everything? She was able to spar with Brienne of Tarth who is one of the best fighters on the show all of a sudden? that noise.
    Brienne would have wrecked her if she was actually trying to kill her. On just brute force alone.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Winterfell will fall and the last battles I’ll take place in Kings landing
    This would suck.

Assuming you mean everyone in Winterfell dies, there is no incentive to keep watching a bunch of nobodies (The golden company) try to fight off the Night King.

In order for a battle of this magnitude to work on an emotional level, you need people you actually care about. Not sure the golden company or Euron are it.

My hope is the Night King makes a B line for Kings Landing and torches the city, then flies back to Winterfell and join the ongoing battle there.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Lame of Thrones

im fine with a slow burn but not if you only have 6 episodes to work with
    I one million percent agree. Wife says it’s because I’m too “simple”, but clearly she’s wrong in this instance....they need to pick up steam for the battle next week and then not slow down with so much filler for the home stretch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i mean even if they give it the longest battle in TV/movie history and have ~70 minutes of a battle next episode, i still dont feel that's doing it justice. this conflict has been built up for 7 seasons. it cant just be another long battle.

battle of the bas s was a GREAT sequence, but even if you take the glory of that and tack on another 30 minutes, that conflict didnt have the same amount of buildup. same with blackwater. we didnt really care about stannis at that time.

a better example is how they handled the conflict in season 7. euron attacking yara's fleet in one scene, showing the unsullied take casterly rock, then the lannisters taking highgarden, then the dragon attack on the convoy. you had a bunch of different set pieces all within the scope of a great conflict/war. and that makes sense given how much buildup dany's conquest got.

this battle with the dead should be that and then some.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    i mean even if they give it the longest battle in TV/movie history and have ~70 minutes of a battle next episode, i still dont feel that's doing it justice. this conflict has been built up for 7 seasons. it cant just be another long battle.

battle of the bas s was a GREAT sequence, but even if you take the glory of that and tack on another 30 minutes, that conflict didnt have the same amount of buildup. same with blackwater. we didnt really care about stannis at that time.

a better example is how they handled the conflict in season 7. euron attacking yara's fleet in one scene, showing the unsullied take casterly rock, then the lannisters taking highgarden, then the dragon attack on the convoy. you had a bunch of different set pieces all within the scope of a great conflict/war. and that makes sense given how much buildup dany's conquest got.

this battle with the dead should be that and then some.
    Yep. Battle with the dead should be a multiple episode affair. The show writers are just doing fan fiction at this point though tbh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yep. Battle with the dead should be a multiple episode affair. The show writers are just doing fan fiction at this point though tbh.
    They have to set up the battle[s] though.

Admittedly, I dont know how they plan to do the second big battle that's supposed to take place right after this one. The fact they gave the Night King the first round tells me he wasn't the end game, Cersei is.

It would be awkward to jump into battle mode from episode 1 or 2. Perhaps they needed to make the last season a 10 episode season instead. Cant please everyone I guess.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good episode, loved the interactions of the characters and reunions.. obviously they had to emphasize certain characters before their inevitable death, too..

GOT has a massive following now, not everybody wants to watch 6 episodes of battle scenes, you have to mix it up..the next few episodes are probably going to be HEAVY with war, they can't do that for every episode of a season..

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Good episode, loved the interactions of the characters and reunions.. obviously they had to emphasize certain characters before their inevitable death, too..

GOT has a massive following now, not everybody wants to watch 6 episodes of battle scenes, you have to mix it up..the next few episodes are probably going to be HEAVY with war, they can't do that for every episode of a season..
    That’s really the main point that I refuse to acknowledge....I know they have to please more than just me....but damnit, I just don’t care!

Big weekend coming though....Endgame and then this!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That’s really the main point that I refuse to acknowledge....I know they have to please more than just me....but damnit, I just don’t care!

Big weekend coming though....Endgame and then this!
    It's such a unique show, it's rare to get both action fans and dialogue fans watching the same , can't think of many examples like it..tough balance to mix for everybody involved in the show..

I've been re-watching the first few seasons with my girl and there's no doubt that it was a much better show, though..obviously it got difficult for them when they lost GRR Martin's script, but I maintain that having to write in the grown dragons and all the Night King has been too much to handle..

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's such a unique show, it's rare to get both action fans and dialogue fans watching the same , can't think of many examples like it..tough balance to mix for everybody involved in the show..

I've been re-watching the first few seasons with my girl and there's no doubt that it was a much better show, though..obviously it got difficult for them when they lost GRR Martin's script, but I maintain that having to write in the grown dragons and all the Night King has been too much to handle..
    The Dialogue is very Marvel-esque lately, there's no comparison to earlier seasons.
    Danny telling Sansa her first man "was taller", lmao, I mean really?
    The character this new everyone-quippy dialogue works for the best is Tormund that guy is just too damn loveable

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    they should just ship bran's ass to kings landing to draw the undead army there tbh

also imo, based on the footage we've seen of people running in the crypts, i think the night king is gonna resurrect the dead that have been buried there.
    I've read some theories that the dead Starks will rise to protect the living hiding there. Who really knows tho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jamie is Azor Ahai theory is gaining steam

OTOH if Jaime does die defending Brienne, which by itself is highly likely (or vice versa..) Jaime can still fullfil the valonquar prophecy but Arya stealing his face and killing Cersei wearing his face
    Last edited by LaMarcus Bryant; 04-23-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    The Dialogue is very Marvel-esque lately, there's no comparison to earlier seasons.
    Danny telling Sansa her first man "was taller", lmao, I mean really?
    The character this new everyone-quippy dialogue works for the best is Tormund that guy is just too damn loveable
    Yea. The writing has gotten pretty bad

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This would suck.

Assuming you mean everyone in Winterfell dies, there is no incentive to keep watching a bunch of nobodies (The golden company) try to fight off the Night King.

In order for a battle of this magnitude to work on an emotional level, you need people you actually care about. Not sure the golden company or Euron are it.

My hope is the Night King makes a B line for Kings Landing and torches the city, then flies back to Winterfell and join the ongoing battle there.
    I think most will die because first of all why would you place people in the crypt knowing the night king raises the dead. Also many will die in battle but not the main ones. They will flee south for another battle in kings landing and be forced to fight together.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I think most will die because first of all why would you place people in the crypt knowing the night king raises the dead. Also many will die in battle but not the main ones. They will flee south for another battle in kings landing and be forced to fight together.
    First of all, most of the dead bodies in the crypts should be dust by now or a pile of bones (not still connected), since the joints would have wasted away. Second, the bodies are in stone tombs with stone statues on top of them. The wight from last season's finale couldn't get out of a wooden box, so if wights can get out of stone tombs, I will be surprised. Third, and this might just be a book thing only, but I have read that there are magic spells keeping evil out of the crypts.

Of course, the dead in the crypts could rise up anyway next episode, but I doubt it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    First of all, most of the dead bodies in the crypts should be dust by now or a pile of bones (not still connected), since the joints would have wasted away. Second, the bodies are in stone tombs with stone statues on top of them. The wight from last season's finale couldn't get out of a wooden box, so if wights can get out of stone tombs, I will be surprised. Third, and this might just be a book thing only, but I have read that there are magic spells keeping evil out of the crypts.

Of course, the dead in the crypts could rise up anyway next episode, but I doubt it.
    Thinking the show writers give a about logic

they are all about shock and awe at this point. Good storytelling be damned

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Melisandre will do something big in this episode tonight

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So much ing in this thread lol

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great episode in terms of production, suspense, etc, but terrible result..Arya killing the NK is the lamest, most 2019 not nearly enough deaths of main characters, too..

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Everyone lives! Yay!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    wtf, arya just ran past the other dozen or so white walkers? ing lame.

Thread Information