Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great episode. Got nothing to watch this Sunday though. Does anyone know if each season is supposed to be a single book?

Pain Strength Happiness ManuBalboa's Avatar
    Name
    Leonard Washington
    A little town by the name of none of your god damned business.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't even comprehend how a guy like Martin must think. I have a good imagination, but it is wild listening to a story playout that originated in his mind. I don't read much, but listening to the unabridged audio books is extremely enjoyable and relaxing. It is so easy to create a vivid picture in my mind as I listen/read his descriptions of everything.

The only books I bothered actually reading as a kid were Tolkein, cliff notes for everything else (Honors/AP Student throughout, lol public education), and I must say that I am enjoying Martin's work a lot more.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Great episode. Got nothing to watch this Sunday though. Does anyone know if each season is supposed to be a single book?
    Yeah, they are going to be each off of 1 single book. Thankfully, the books start hitting the 1000+ mark. So, there will be plenty of material.

Hey Bruce... Lebron is the Rock Sec24Row7's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The next 4 episodes should be 3 times as good as the first 4.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So I just spoiled the entire series and books by looking through each and every character via http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page.

Pretty disappointing overall with what they've done with all of the characters, especially Ned.

Series is still interesting though with how they're going play everything out, I wonder if they're going to stick to the novels with the death of key characters, or make them survive for the sake of the series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I didn't think you could reach a new level of fail and you just did. You should edit your post.

My Playlist > Yours Pistons < Spurs's Avatar
    Name
    Erik Senecal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Kansas Jayhawks
    WOW. Great episode!

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That was awesome.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    best thing on TV right now. this show rivals (and may yet surpass) the Sopranos and the Wire, and that is saying a lot in my opinion.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Ned is the biggest ing dumbass in the history of fantasy books that I've ever read. He pretty much deserves everything that has and will happen to him and his family because of he and his dumbass wife's stupidity. The degree to which he is such a dumbass almost makes the books unbelievable even within the context of fantasy.

I got to catch the last episode, and it was awesome, just sucks that Tyrion was not in it.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ned is the biggest ing dumbass in the history of fantasy books that I've ever read. He pretty much deserves everything that has and will happen to him and his family because of he and his dumbass wife's stupidity. The degree to which he is such a dumbass almost makes the books unbelievable even within the context of fantasy.

I got to catch the last episode, and it was awesome, just sucks that Tyrion was not in it.
    Tyrion will soon have one of his "moments". Might take a few episodes, but its coming.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

He's not a dumbass at all actually. The game of thrones is for schemers and backstabbers, he's neither. He acknowledges it himself that he's not good with all the politics, and would rather keep to his family, and his realm in the north. That's why he was reluctant to be Robert's right hand man in the first place, and eager to go back.

Ned is proud, loyal and stubborn. He's also perhaps the last true honorable man left in the 7 kingdoms.

He was definitely outmatched in scheming when he went up against the Lannisters, that's just what they do, they're second to none when it comes to backstabbing.

That's why I prefer the Starks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He's not a dumbass at all actually. The game of thrones is for schemers and backstabbers, he's neither. He acknowledges it himself that he's not good with all the politics, and would rather keep to his family, and his realm in the north. That's why he was reluctant to be Robert's right hand man in the first place, and eager to go back.

Ned is proud, loyal and stubborn. He's also perhaps the last true honorable man left in the 7 kingdoms.

He was definitely outmatched in scheming when he went up against the Lannisters, that's just what they do, they're second to none when it comes to backstabbing.

That's why I prefer the Starks.
    He acknowledges he's not good at politics but he's not a dumbass at all?

He listens to his stupid wife to take the hand of the king position because of her reservations about staying but he's not a dumbass at all?

His pride has got him totally ed over every step of the way, and the principles and pride that he taught his children has almost completely ed them over and he's not a dumbass at all?

Admittedly, I'm only in the middle of book 3, but so far, I'm laughing over and over again at what happens to the Starks. They deserve it for being so god damned stupid.

Also on a side note, Sansa Stark is the most vacuous, creme de la creme stupid character ever given this much face time in a fantasy book I've ever experienced. Though I'm sure further down the series she will do something really amazing to vindicate herself.

Danny's parts in book 1 and 2 can honestly be completely completely skipped by anyone wishing to read these books fast. They're worthless. It's only in comparison to the boringness of Danny's chapters that Sansa's are entertaining.

Other than that it's been a cool series. The Starks are just this total joke of a great family that you are blown away by, wondering how they got where they got by being so utterly stupid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He acknowledges he's not good at politics but he's not a dumbass at all?

He listens to his stupid wife to take the hand of the king position because of her reservations about staying but he's not a dumbass at all?

His pride has got him totally ed over every step of the way, and the principles and pride that he taught his children has almost completely ed them over and he's not a dumbass at all?

Admittedly, I'm only in the middle of book 3, but so far, I'm laughing over and over again at what happens to the Starks. They deserve it for being so god damned stupid.

Also on a side note, Sansa Stark is the most vacuous, creme de la creme stupid character ever given this much face time in a fantasy book I've ever experienced. Though I'm sure further down the series she will do something really amazing to vindicate herself.

Danny's parts in book 1 and 2 can honestly be completely completely skipped by anyone wishing to read these books fast. They're worthless. It's only in comparison to the boringness of Danny's chapters that Sansa's are entertaining.

Other than that it's been a cool series. The Starks are just this total joke of a great family that you are blown away by, wondering how they got where they got by being so utterly stupid.

Sansa sucks.

Other than that everything else you said was stupid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah you're right. Honor and Pride before all else, especially at the cost of your family's life and your own

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ned doesn't put honor before the life of his family. He compromises it at least twice. You need more reading comprehension. But enough about things in the books that haven't been on screen yet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah, you totally totally got me.

He told Cersei about his intent to tell Robert of Joffrey's true father, told her to go far far away, gave her time to plot and scheme, because he's smart. Because he doesn't put honor before the life of his family.

Reading comprehension much? Dost thou possess eyes? Cuz even on the show, that just happened.

He trusted little finger for no true concrete reason. But I'm stupid for saying that decision was stupid.

You call me stupid for calling Ned the stupidest character possible.
    Tell me one thing he's done that is smart.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He goes out of his way to ignore the advice of Little Finger and Renly, whose plans made far more logical and practical sense than his.

He wants Stannis as the king's Heir while simultaneously admitting Stannis would be a bad king.

Please please endow me with your higher reading comprehension.

He's a ing idiot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    One thing he has done that is smart?

Hrrrm... he lets Arya train with Syrio.

He protects his children at the expense of his honor... Especially Jon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    One thing he has done that is smart?

Hrrrm... he lets Arya train with Syrio.

He protects his children at the expense of his honor... Especially Jon.

Yeah he really protected his daughters at the expense of his honor when he told Cersei exactly what it was that he found out about her children, and his intent to tell the King. He really protected his daughters when he trusted someone who explicitly told Ned he was not to be trusted.
    But my reading comprehension sucks.

You're right, Ned is not stupid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Shrug... Cersei was loaded for bear even before he told her he knew... (which she knew already.)

Being honorable isn't stupid.... and don't forget that he would have gotten out if not for Sansa.

Pain Strength Happiness ManuBalboa's Avatar
    Name
    Leonard Washington
    A little town by the name of none of your god damned business.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm about 9 hours into Clash Of Kings. So far it is pretty boring. I'm hoping Jon Snow, Arya, and Danny all team up and rape the 7 Kingdoms.

Spolier:

I'm so bummed my boy Sean Bean is only going to be in the first season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I don't know if you guys realize it but your spoilers are clear as all the other text on this page.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    crofl

Thread Information