Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1816
    TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do we all fully agree this show was ed up horribly? Any GoTsuckers still trying to do any damage control over this one?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do we all fully agree this show was ed up horribly? Any GoTsuckers still trying to do any damage control over this one?
    Of course. Pretty much unanimous consensus now. Personally, season 8 but more precisely episode 3 and 6 sucked all the energy and love I had for this show. I cant see myself bothering with any other prequels or any GOT related material. At least for a good 5-10 years.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    It's a shame they turned Arya into a Mary Jane. This show was supposed to be above that .

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Downloaded season 8 with all the special features but mostly for the audio commentary tracks. I just want to hear the thought process that went into this trainwreck of a season.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Mary Jane is a Rick James classic you stupid .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Anyone want to discuss got season 5 now that I'm finally binging it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    season 5 was one of the weaker ones of the series. dorne sucks. high sparrow was more annoying than compelling (actor was good though). sons of harpy were annoying... kind of like The Hand in the marvel netflix shows. arya's journey to/in bravos was mostly meh except her going in on meryn trant. no bran in season 5 was kinda weird too .

but it had enough cool moments like hardhome to still make it good TV. the stuff happening in the north, in general, was cool. just not up to GOT standards. season 6 was a good rebound though

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That I wish I knew how ty the series got after it and how I should have stopped then.

Season 5 gets a lot of but compared to the ones that followed, it's an 7/10 imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    season 5 was one of the weaker ones of the series. dorne sucks. high sparrow was more annoying than compelling (actor was good though). sons of harpy were annoying... kind of like The Hand in the marvel netflix shows. arya's journey to/in bravos was mostly meh except her going in on meryn trant.

but it had enough cool moments like hardhome to still make it good TV. just not up to GOT standards. season 6 was a good rebound though
    Glad to hear season 6 is better. I'm also tired of the whole Reek torture thing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That I wish I knew how ty the series got after it and how I should have stopped then.

Season 5 gets a lot of but compared to the ones that followed, it's an 7/10 imo.
    i thought season 6 was significantly better than 5

7's writing started becoming something of a show but imo was still quite a spectacle and overall entertaining

enough bad things cant be said about 8, though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Glad to hear season 6 is better. I'm also tired of the whole Reek torture thing.
    honestly i preferred the scenes of theon being tortured to watching -made reek stand around at winterfell

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Of course. Pretty much unanimous consensus now. Personally, season 8 but more precisely episode 3 and 6 sucked all the energy and love I had for this show. I cant see myself bothering with any other prequels or any GOT related material. At least for a good 5-10 years.
    Wow.. The Long Night was like one of the best shows of all time! Absolutely beautifully shot and a uva story line. Even e6 was not bad at all although not close to e3. Those 2 episodes were basically the only good things on S8. I think people were so disappointed with the finale that their thinking gets skewed about the whole season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Overall I'm a bit disappointed in the show with all the hype that's surrounded it over the years. Still a solid 8/10, but was expecting myself to give it a 10/10.

My biggest beef is the weird incongruent use of the dire wolves. They set it up to be really cool pets but the way they pop up here and there with no explanation/reasoning most times bugs the out of me.

I also loled at the walk of shame that the religious nuts made Cersei do. I mean they could have just showed her for like a minute, fast forward to her walking into the castle but that twenty minute nudey walk cracked me up

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wow.. The Long Night was like one of the best shows of all time! Absolutely beautifully shot and a uva story line. Even e6 was not bad at all although not close to e3. Those 2 episodes were basically the only good things on S8. I think people were so disappointed with the finale that their thinking gets skewed about the whole season.
    That one hour arguably ruined the entire series. Regardless if it looked beautiful or how well it was shot... it was quite possibly the laziest piece of television writing ever. The long night and the night king specifically were slowly built up over the course of the show to be this world ending event, and were quickly disposed of with a single thrust of a deus ex machina dagger. And in the process, making Bran's abilities, the azor ahai prophecy, and Jon's parentage (which all consumed a great bit of screentime throughout the show) all completely pointless. Honestly, it makes it hard to even enjoy early seasons when the show was at its peak, because you know that all of this intrigue, nuance, and prophecy amount to nothing.

Then there is the finale...

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I’m not sure if he’s trolling or not naming perhaps the two worse episodes of the entire series as best ones. You can argue the 5th was the worst of them all but holy the long night was just..nevermind.

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That one hour arguably ruined the entire series. Regardless if it looked beautiful or how well it was shot... it was quite possibly the laziest piece of television writing ever. The long night and the night king specifically were slowly built up over the course of the show to be this world ending event, and were quickly disposed of with a single thrust of a deus ex machina dagger. And in the process, making Bran's abilities, the azor ahai prophecy, and Jon's parentage (which all consumed a great bit of screentime throughout the show) all completely pointless. Honestly, it makes it hard to even enjoy early seasons when the show was at its peak, because you know that all of this intrigue, nuance, and prophecy amount to nothing.

Then there is the finale...
    Glad to see others enjoyed the show like me and the wife did. That is until the end end. Like you that all time worst finale stops me from rewatching because I know how disappointed I’m going to get. Unbelievable to us how a single episode just spoiled what could have the best series ever. This is exactly why I think I can only rewatch a few episodes that in my mind highlighted the best of the show. Prior to the -show of S8 I really enjoyed rewatching the whole thing until the new season began. Just my opinion.

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I’m not sure if he’s trolling or not naming perhaps the two worse episodes of the entire series as best ones. You can argue the 5th was the worst of them all but holy the long night was just..nevermind.
    Not trolling just saying what I think. I just now realized e6 was that ty ending. I meant to say e5 was ok definitely not 6.

However e3 was terrific to watch. Really not sure what anyone could complain about it.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i thought season 6 was significantly better than 5

7's writing started becoming something of a show but imo was still quite a spectacle and overall entertaining

enough bad things cant be said about 8, though.
    I can live with everything that happened in Season 7 except for the Little Finger "scheme" and going beyond the wall. After I saw those two scenes come to an end, I lost all hope for Season 8.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Overall I'm a bit disappointed in the show with all the hype that's surrounded it over the years. Still a solid 8/10, but was expecting myself to give it a 10/10.

My biggest beef is the weird incongruent use of the dire wolves. They set it up to be really cool pets but the way they pop up here and there with no explanation/reasoning most times bugs the out of me.

I also loled at the walk of shame that the religious nuts made Cersei do. I mean they could have just showed her for like a minute, fast forward to her walking into the castle but that twenty minute nudey walk cracked me up
    The dire wolves have a more symbolic role in the books. Both the wolf and the child given the wolf share characteristics. I don't think the show wanted to spend too much time going into this so largely wrote them out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I can live with everything that happened in Season 7 except for the Little Finger "scheme" and going beyond the wall. After I saw those two scenes come to an end, I lost all hope for Season 8.
    Yeah but seeing the avengers assemble for that was cool

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The dire wolves have a more symbolic role in the books. Both the wolf and the child given the wolf share characteristics. I don't think the show wanted to spend too much time going into this so largely wrote them out.
    The dire wolves were mostly skipped over on the show due to the FX budget. That money was used for the dragons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The dire wolves were mostly skipped over on the show due to the FX budget. That money was used for the dragons.
    That's exactly what it seems like

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree. I suspect that Summer and Nymeria will play significant roles in the Night King's attack in the books.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I didn't quite get the Hodor origin story.

Was he a normal kid that just got screwed over by Bran's mental powers or was he mentally challenged already?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree. I suspect that Summer and Nymeria will play significant roles in the Night King's attack in the books.
    Ghost too.

edit: I forgot Ghost was actually on the tv show.

Thread Information