Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Injuries like his were career killers years ago. I think the recovery rate is much better now, but he'll have to man up on the mental side and not be scared of another injury.

Sounds like he is confident he will come back strong and I hope he does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game where he took the injury was awful. Duke had the game in hand, but Butler was still playing pretty tough in a losing cause. I mean, it was the Final Four. And then he went down -- all of LucasOil Stadium went shocked quiet, Huggins went to where he was on the floor. WV had by far the least fans in the area out of all four teams, but everyone knew what a warrior the guy was and what a heart he had. And to have a possible career-ending injury like that, after leading the team to where they were?

I don't have a lot invested in Danny Green or Richards, but Butler is a guy I hope can turn it around and find his legs - so to speak - in the pros. If not for us, then somewhere. He can be a good player. I'm not sure he will be, but I'm glad we're giving him a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a lot invested in Danny Green or Richards, but Butler is a guy I hope can turn it around and find his legs - so to speak - in the pros. If not for us, then somewhere. He can be a good player. I'm not sure he will be, but I'm glad we're giving him a shot.
    I second that - I think Butler is a great addition in that he'll be cheap (rookie 2nd yr min salary), he's not really needed so time to heal and rehap w/ the Toros is likely, and his upside is tremendous.

I for one, hope he stays w/ the Spurs for at least another year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Green had the advantage and has the skills to get playing time for us this year. I think the Butler will be playing in the D-League to get his conditioning and rhythm back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler interview starts at :40

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game where he took the injury was awful. Duke had the game in hand, but Butler was still playing pretty tough in a losing cause. I mean, it was the Final Four. And then he went down -- all of LucasOil Stadium went shocked quiet, Huggins went to where he was on the floor. WV had by far the least fans in the area out of all four teams, but everyone knew what a warrior the guy was and what a heart he had. And to have a possible career-ending injury like that, after leading the team to where they were?

Well said. This guy is tough as nails and has a ton of heart, and he has enough skill to where if he has his head on straight, he can do great things for us. Really pulling for him to find his game with the toros, then come play next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earlier in the day I found a vid posted on twitter of James Anderson, Butler, and Danny Green running up that elevated hill the Spurs have. I can't find the link to the video but in it, Butler's knee/leg had a brace on it, but he ran up the hill just fine.
    Why do they have them run up that hill? I'm convinced that that hill contributed to TD's bad knees.

Since the Spurs drafted Leonard at SF, what are the implications for Butler? How many minutes can either of them realistically get playing behind RJ? Maybe they'll try to trade RJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do they have them run up that hill? I'm convinced that that hill contributed to TD's bad knees.

Since the Spurs drafted Leonard at SF, what are the implications for Butler? How many minutes can either of them realistically get playing behind RJ? Maybe they'll try to trade RJ.
    Running hills is pretty much considered the "staple" for increasing/maintaining vertical jumping ability. I'm an AAU coach and we run hills just about every week - and I can tell you that it WORKS. To be honest, I have no idea if it contributes to bad knees or not but would doubt the Spurs (and most other team sports jr high through pro) athletic trainers would allow a practice that contributes directly to injury.

I think TD's age has more to do w/ his knees than his training style...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well said. This guy is tough as nails and has a ton of heart, and he has enough skill to where if he has his head on straight, he can do great things for us. Really pulling for him to find his game with the toros, then come play next year.
    I think the Spurs made the absolute correct move w/ Butler. He is an SG in a SF body and has some SF tendencies (perimeter defense mostly).

There's really NO reason or precedant to think that he won't recover at least 90-95% from the injury. Keep in mind he was a projected to be a concensus lottery pick prior to the injury (that's what made it so devastating).

Two to 3 years from now, I think Butler will be good enough to start for some team in the league. It really comes down to who can replace Manu if he gets the job for the Spurs. If not, he'll be good trade bait w/ a good skills and an even better (cheaper) contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheDaSeanButler Da'Sean C Butler
    Played for the 1st time in an organized NBA setting since b4 the lockout.... Let's just say I got som stuff to work on. I.e. I sucked lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any update on him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any update on him?
    He only played two minutes for VEF Riga on Friday, and he's coming back to the states right away. We should get a decent look at him when camp starts.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler joined the Toros. They play today at 1 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well thats a nice development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler joined the Toros. They play today at 1 PM.
    Do you know if Gibson joined the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad the Spurs didn't just kick him to the curb entirely. Dude was out of shape, and hadn't played meaningful basketball in 18 months - of course he was going to look bad.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moved well enough and grabbed some boards off the bench. Shot is off.
    Do you know if Gibson joined the team?
    Nope.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see he's joining Toros. I hope he can play some mins this season for Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd game he score 13 pts, 2 boards, 3 steals: http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil....html?nav=page

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard will get mins, but I think many of them may be at PF. He was drafted to play now not sit behind RJ.

Butler on the other hand could develop into a Bowen type player who can put the ball on the floor a bit better. If healthy he reminds me of Josh Howard comming out of Wake.

The two could play together Butler is a 3, maybe can defend SG, while Kawhi can play 3 or 4 and defend 2,3,4s.
    if he wants to play now and not behind rj, he has to improve his game, instead of being passive on the offensive end, we all know what he can bring defensively, but thats not enough from him when we now currently have GREEN who can do that perfectly at a cheaper rate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not on the Toros Roster anymore. Anyone know what happened to him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got released. I dont know why

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    He was waived last week or the week before?? I believe Flip Murray took his place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler was waived due to an injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad. He's had a rough time. Thanks for the info.

Thread Information