Born: Feb 18, 1981
    Height: 6-9 / 2.06
    Weight: 235 lbs. / 106.6 kg.
    Years Pro: 9

Info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad his contract is out of the spurs range, cause I think he would fit in perfectly with the spurs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's coming off 17 mil a year/contract. Would be a nice fit but very unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another soft player. Pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andrei Kirilenko: 'No news on my future before July 10'

The Russian player is with Russian NT

In some statements released to the Russian media, Andrei Kirilenko said that he is unlikely to say something on his future before July 10.
    "I have a valid contract with CSKA Mosow. I won't say anything about my future before July 10th, whether I return to the NBA or I stay" said Kirilenko who signed a three-year deal with CSKA Moscow with NBA out.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/...e-july-10.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of season did he have this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of season did he have this year?
    Euroleague MVP, tbh. Splitter-esque.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless he can play the 4 and defend guys like Nowitzki and Durant, no thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket

Ettore Messina also said that CSKA Moscow has to replace four players mentioning Andrei Kirilenko so AK47 is on his way to return to the NBA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless he can play the 4 and defend guys like Nowitzki and Durant, no thanks.
    When he was in the NBA, his best production was at PF... see 82games.com for details. He got bumped out of the PF slot because of his versatility allowing him to play at SF made room for the Jazz's collection of natural PF's.

The real problem will be signing him with our limited exceptions; I suspect he will command a minimum of the full MLE.

Do the Jazz retain his bird rights? If so, he is another S&T target.

Duncan Splitter Kirilenko Diaw Lorkbek would be a great front line.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    When he was in the NBA, his best production was at PF... see 82games.com for details. He got bumped out of the PF slot because of his versatility allowing him to play at SF made room for the Jazz's collection of natural PF's.

The real problem will be signing him with our limited exceptions; I suspect he will command a minimum of the full MLE.

Do the Jazz retain his bird rights? If so, he is another S&T target.

Duncan Splitter Kirilenko Diaw Lorkbek would be a great front line.
    You could never have AK47 AND Diaw. They are eating from the same trough of money, the MLE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jazz can't sign and trade him because he was not on their roster last season. They still have his bird rights but he's an unrestricted free agent now.
    I really like him as a big man who can cover the pick and roll and offer some weak side shot blocking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could never have AK47 AND Diaw. They are eating from the same trough of money, the MLE.
    That was on the assumption of an AK47 S&T with the jazz. If there is no S&T, there is no way - Diaw and Lorbek both come from the MLE (or possibly the LLE, but not likely either would accept that). I would guess that AK47 will be looking for something on the order of the entire MLE...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirilenko would be awesome with Spurs. Spurs should gave him a phone call to offer him the full MLE. It likely won't be enough but it's worth the try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should pursue if they can't get Diaw. The guy's another versatile player.

I think the Nyets have first dibs on him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would perfect against the Durant's of the league while being able to guard the mobile PF as well.

Not sure if MLE would be good enough considering the type of season he had in Europe but if he is available I might consider him over other options due to his versatility.

Haven't seen much of Kirilenko in a while but how is his post defense. He would definitely help in PnR defense.

** That is why I have James Singleton and Dominic McGuire on my FA list, because of their versatility (would be cheaper option than Kirilenko). The Spurs need a player that can guard the 2,3,4 spots interchangeably.
    Last edited by ace3g; 07-01-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he was making 3 Million Euros post taxes, http://www.in-the-game.org/?page_id=657

That roughly 3.8 million us + Taxes. If he wants to replace that, he needs more than the MLE. The question is, who is going to give it to him? The nets? After giving $40 million to Wallace, and trying to re-sign Deron. Not to mention leaving a space for Dwight next year (and theoretically trading for Joe Johnson this year)...

He may have made a poor decision to leave CKSA Moscow (in Financial terms). But surely someone will throw the whole MLE at him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be an awesome pick up especially if he can still play at the 4 spot. I like diaw and all, but my preference would be this guy if he was willing to take mle $$.

I'm not hopeful especially after the insane contract proposals being discussed today. Gerald Wallace, Steve Nash, Roy hibbert... Gms are showing they aren't afraid to spend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always loved players that fill the stat sheet (steals, rebounds, and blocks especially).

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr. Prokhorov would never do such a thing.

But if another wealthy and entirely separate Russian businessman were to perhaps grossly overpay them for a rather minor sponsorship deal that would be neither here nor there.

One might perhaps look up how and to who Manchester City, the richest club in world football, sold their stadium sponsorship...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the recent moves the Nets should be out of the running for AK. I wonder which other teams would be interested in acquiring him.
    So far he has been linked only to a few teams:
    Sacramento Kings
    They have been rumored to be a destination since last season but their owners are also known to be very cheap.
    Utah Jazz
    They are in rebuilding mode, so he would only take minutes away from their young players.

I think an underrated factor is that the Spurs would use him as a PF. His production has been much better at that position, espescially his shot blocking and rebounding (kinda obvious I know..). So I think that he is much more comfortable playing there than at the SF position where he has to play away from the basket. Although he has improved his outside shot quite a bit, he shot 41,7% from 3 in last year's Euroleague season (and putting up 14,1p/7,7r/1,9bl/1.5stl per game).
    I guess it is kind of a longshot considering that he would have to take quite a pay cut but I also don't really see another destination that could offer him a healthy combination of playing time, money and le chances like the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The trade Utah made for Marvin Williams makes it unlikely for them to re-sign Kirilenko.

Maybe a team with cap space will offer him some money but I start to think the full MLE might be the best offer he will receive from NBA teams.

Kirilenko must be Spurs first target way before players like Lorbek or Diaw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The trade Utah made for Marvin Williams makes it unlikely for them to re-sign Kirilenko.

Maybe a team with cap space will offer him some money but I start to think the full MLE might be the best offer he will receive from NBA teams.

Unless you are suggesting playing him at the 4 ( which frankly in today's nba may not be bad), what do the Spurs do about their big man issues? It almost assures Blair and are on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree, for me I was already on the fence between Diaw and Lorbek. Kirilenko can be that mobile PnR defender while still being able to supply offense/spread the floor. Granted if we chose Kirilenko over Diaw and Lorbek we would be a bit small but most teams are following that trend. In the playoffs this year late in games you rarely saw a team close with 2 true bigs. That would be my only complaint with Kirilenko would be his post defense, he would be giving up some pounds/strength in the post (granted his length would help).

Granted they can still make a trade for a PF or sign someone like DJ White for the minimum.

Thread Information