Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crofl

this is what we need! some hard-hitting investigative sports journalism into the reasons why a rookie isn't getting lots of minutes in the NBA playoffs for the No. 1 team in the West!
    Or why the coach of that team hasn't completely crapped his pants and gone away from the things his team did all season to earn that #1 seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is also precisely the point. Even if you discount the nature of the market and the paucity of sports stories to be covered in it, the ultimate reason that Popovich isn't going to answer the question is because he stands to gain nothing whatsoever by explaining in detail why he does or doesn't play anyone.

You may want to know, but Pop has absolutely no reason to explain it to you.
    Yep.

I'm amazed that people think that the reporters/media haven't asked this question as well. If something that was news ever came from it, I'm sure they would report it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Popovich berates reporters for what a few fans believe are somehow questions that are an attack on his authority, Because he is a ill-tempered old man that is not held accountable for his transgressions (ie supposed awful drafting, decisions in game situations, players he plays and sits), he is an awful coach guiding a police run sports organization in a tiny little backwards town.

Nah.

imo he is not the least bit interested in supplying information other people want for their personal entertainment. He has not been voted into some high office representing the people. Pop fully realizes that fans on the tube and in the seats pay his wages indirectly. Its the PR dept.'s job to satisfy the whims of fans. He will do his little bit if pressed, but he does not have to like it. Of course he knows the mistakes he has made and how lucky he is to have had Tim Duncan and David Robinson. He is well aware of his diamond in the rough finds, as well as his player evaluation errors. You know he is aware of his mistakes during games via subs and or plays.

imo Pop has categorized the media as a group dying for a story or ready to make one up. (Cant blame him too much here) And he certainly is not going to be a part of this social media monster he sees as meaningless drivel/waste of time.

So... He aint sharing the ball. Even if he does not want it, he despises the fact that loitering twerps have enough time to think about it. Pop has very little respect for the mindless followers of meaningless stories. Sit your butt in the chair and cheer if you want. Whats wrong with us for taking this so seriously. And Reggie Miller asked on TV if Pop would miss Phil Jackson... Yes and maybe they have dinner together.

Probably belongs in the military doing the difficult stuff. Making decisions that really affect peoples lives. He is most likely a leader in the wrong business.

I will now take my Ms. Cleo/ Dr. Phil hat off and watch the NO/Laker halftime show.

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You've been called out. And now someone held your hand, did a big boy search for you and you have your addresses.

Do you need help with your email program now?

Be sure to make stupid nicknames for them and all the players and coaches you talk about. It's very professional and will guarantee a response.
    roflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The bigger question is why did they draft him or bring him over."

then why didn't "no fear" Don ask this question?

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    I wonder if it occurred to anyone that the answer is "The kid isn't very good now, and a Zero on offense". Pop normally doesn't destroy his players in the press. It could stunt further development. He'd rather take the heat from them and from the internet monkeys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem I have with the S.A. media and local fans is how no one seems to recognize how Pop is so full of crap. Forget the local media, any media. NBATV, ESPN, TNT somebody needs to call him out.

He plays GNeal a rookie, but he doesn't play Tiago. Saying he doesn't like to play rookies is crap. If he plays GNeal like he is a 8 year vet, and gives him the green light to shoot pull up 3ptrs on the break. Surely Tiago should be allowed one post move against the opponents 2nd string.

He claims defense is our problem, then continues to send in the worst defender in the history of MAN, Bonner and plays him 20 mins against a front line that Bonner has absolutely no chance against.

Game 1, he fails to sub defense for offense when we had a fragile 4 point lead with 60 secs to go in the game. This is basic basketball, surely a HOF coach would not miss something that simple. WTF???

Thank goodness Manu came back for game 2 to save us for one game. But I fear that's all it will be, one game.

I have no confidence that we will beat the Grizz 3 more times, then beat the Static 4 times, then beat the Lakers 4 times, then beat the Heat 4 times with Pop at the helm.

Pop is 1-5 in his last 6 playoffs games. And we have only defeated two +.500 teams in the last 20 games. Ok 3 if you count this recent win over Grizz.

Some will give him a pass because TD was injured. But I don't think the injuries is a good excuse. The Spurs need a coach, not a stubborn dictator or these last two years before TD retires will be a total waste.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nicely said GhosTown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if it occurred to anyone that the answer is "The kid isn't very good now, and a Zero on offense". Pop normally doesn't destroy his players in the press. It could stunt further development. He'd rather take the heat from them and from the internet monkeys.
    Splitters "*Zero on offense*" some of the few times he was given burn this season:
    Min/points
    26/18
    24/12
    21/12
    17/11
    14/6
    25/11
    28/16
    27/10
    23/11

and there's more. Has he had some stinkers too? Sure. Timmy Dunks has had 7 point games.

Bonners D on the other hand can pretty much be classified as Zero by all reasonable observers. Yet Bonner plays in how many lost playoff games now?, while Splitter sits.

See you at the PollyAnna Poppers Club meeting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is also precisely the point. Even if you discount the nature of the market and the paucity of sports stories to be covered in it, the ultimate reason that Popovich isn't going to answer the question is because he stands to gain nothing whatsoever by explaining in detail why he does or doesn't play anyone.

You may want to know, but Pop has absolutely no reason to explain it to you.
    "He stands nothing to gain." Precisely the point indeed.
    The team might, the org might, the player might, but "He" stands nothing to gain. And there you have it.

Phil Jackson, altho who are we kidding without the Collusion and bogus reffing does not win. Nonetheless he assowns Popped 4-1 in playoff series. I don't see Phil hiding from questions about a player.

There is nothing meritorious about CIA Poppeds power tripping over reporters and saying "because" and sucking his wollypop when asked about Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don Harris replied.

Not me. Not afraid, I just don't think Tiago is very good. The bigger question is why did they draft him or bring him over. He's not ready for prime time.

Thanks for watching,

Don

Sent from my iPad

Assuming you really did, props.
    You to MI21.
    I'll email FromWayDowntowns whole list when i have time.

Hopefully you saved RumpHumper from harming himself. He 's really worked up when everyone was ignoring his email rant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or why the coach of that team hasn't completely crapped his pants and gone away from the things his team did all season to earn that #1 seed.
    The coach who as recently as 2009 playoffs was starting Matty Bonner and Michael Finley as the PF/SF combo. Have fun with that frontline Timmy Dunks! (And Tim did have fun.) Along with benching George Hill, altho Hill had come in for around 45 games filling in for Parker and did great.

More recent? How about a 2010 playoffs 0-4 skunking by the Suns?

Later Popped would say he regretted benching Hill. Ohhh, does that mean a media member actually asked Lord Dictator Pop about Hill??
    So there is hope!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem I have with the S.A. media and local fans is how no one seems to recognize how Pop is so full of crap. Forget the local media, any media. NBATV, ESPN, TNT somebody needs to call him out.

He plays GNeal a rookie, but he doesn't play Tiago. Saying he doesn't like to play rookies is crap. If he plays GNeal like he is a 8 year vet, and gives him the green light to shoot pull up 3ptrs on the break. Surely Tiago should be allowed one post move against the opponents 2nd string.

He claims defense is our problem, then continues to send in the worst defender in the history of MAN, Bonner and plays him 20 mins against a front line that Bonner has absolutely no chance against.

Game 1, he fails to sub defense for offense when we had a fragile 4 point lead with 60 secs to go in the game. This is basic basketball, surely a HOF coach would not miss something that simple. WTF???

Thank goodness Manu came back for game 2 to save us for one game. But I fear that's all it will be, one game.

I have no confidence that we will beat the Grizz 3 more times, then beat the Static 4 times, then beat the Lakers 4 times, then beat the Heat 4 times with Pop at the helm.

Pop is 1-5 in his last 6 playoffs games. And we have only defeated two +.500 teams in the last 20 games. Ok 3 if you count this recent win over Grizz.

Some will give him a pass because TD was injured. But I don't think the injuries is a good excuse. The Spurs need a coach, not a stubborn dictator or these last two years before TD retires will be a total waste.
    Pop is 1-5 in his last 6 playoff games... pop is 5-7 in his last 12 playoff games. Playing games with numbers, jeezzz.

imo Pop thinks Splitter is not ready mentally. Personally I think he is a bit fragile upstairs. I think George Hill, who Pop thought might be ready for prime time did a good job when we had to have a body against Dallas. Next year in the playoffs, he faded badly, lost a lot of confidence. Got totally used and abused by that ex Phoenix guard.

Imo if Splitter played as rough as Bonner does, with much more height and a bigger much better basketball body, he would be in much more than we have seen him.

As far as Neal goes, he can it the 3 with ease. Its pretty obvious he has no confidence problems so there is no way he is gonna sit. We probably have the 4 best guards in the NBA with Manu,Parker, Hill, and Neal.

silverblk mystix
    Pop is 1-5 in his last 6 playoff games... pop is 5-7 in his last 12 playoff games. Playing games with numbers, jeezzz.

imo Pop thinks Splitter is not ready mentally. Personally I think he is a bit fragile upstairs. I think George Hill, who Pop thought might be ready for prime time did a good job when we had to have a body against Dallas. Next year in the playoffs, he faded badly, lost a lot of confidence. Got totally used and abused by that ex Phoenix guard.

Imo if Splitter played as rough as Bonner does, with much more height and a bigger much better basketball body, he would be in much more than we have seen him.

As far as Neal goes, he can it the 3 with ease. Its pretty obvious he has no confidence problems so there is no way he is gonna sit. We probably have the 4 best guards in the NBA with Manu,Parker, Hill, and Neal.
    IF Splitter played as ROUGH as Bonner does...

can I please have some of what you're smoking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wait! Did you just replace one bad playoff record with another.

Anyways... Point is he is coaching, or so call coaching like crap. I don't want excuses I want results. You can't dictate wins, you have to coach them. Pop showing us this is how it's going to be because he said so, is not coaching that is dictating. You don't dictate wins in the playoffs, you MUST coach and adjust to what the other team is beating you doing. When you try dictating, you end up 1-5 in your Last 6 games or 5-7 in 12 games. No matter how you carve it, it is still losing basketball.PERIOD

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Splitters "*Zero on offense*" some of the few times he was given burn this season:
    Min/points
    26/18
    24/12
    21/12
    17/11
    14/6
    25/11
    28/16
    27/10
    23/11

and there's more. Has he had some stinkers too? Sure. Timmy Dunks has had 7 point games.

Bonners D on the other hand can pretty much be classified as Zero by all reasonable observers. Yet Bonner plays in how many lost playoff games now?, while Splitter sits.

See you at the PollyAnna Poppers Club meeting.
    Yeah, we were also bombing threes in the regular season. Easy offense is shut down in the playoffs. Tiago's only O is P'n'R, one of the first things shut off. He has no jumper and his post up game is for .

silverblk mystix

Anyways... Point is he is coaching, or so call coaching like crap. I don't want excuses I want results. You can't dictate wins, you have to coach them. Pop showing us this is how it's going to be because he said so, is not coaching that is dictating. You don't dictate wins in the playoffs, you MUST coach and adjust to what the other team is beating you doing. When you try dictating, you end up 1-5 in your Last 6 games or 5-7 in 12 games. No matter how you carve it, it is still losing basketball.PERIOD
    b-b-but...

four rings???

are you a coach?

in before the chumphumper on ALL threads post....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is a proven winner and the SA media is too classy to throw their own under the bus. Pop deserves the benefit of the doubt, some of you are petulant little children

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    b-b-but...

four rings???

are you a coach?

in before the chumphumper on ALL threads post....
    ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!

tonight the Pollyana Popper's meeting has been moved from Coach Rumphumper's to shiverblack mysty 's apartment.

Please plan accordingly!

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When life throws me lemons, i just make new profiles!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Assuming you really did, props.
    You to MI21.
    I'll email FromWayDowntowns whole list when i have time.
    Um, you just spent an hour carpet bombing this thread. Holy -- you do need someone to help you send an email.

Hopefully you saved RumpHumper from harming himself. He's really worked up when everyone was ignoring his email rant.
    It wasn't ignored, just like this post won't be ignored by you. I knew none of the es like you were actually going to email anyone. MI21's email actually destroyed your little fantasy. Not surprised you couldn't figure that out.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Rumphumper,

I just got my MultiMom to send me an e-mail for me. I had her address coach as Poppy and made up other badass nicknames such as Timmy Dunks and TParks. Do you think they will find it amusing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good catch. I certainly did. Wonderful playing with numbers to make a point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF Splitter played as ROUGH as Bonner does...

can I please have some of what you're smoking?
    Bonner plays as rough as he can. Which is not very. He cant jump and he is undersized. But he has had a number of very good face fouls after getting pushed all the way under the rim.

Splitter.... not even a stray elbow. Which is part of the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who in the SA media is going to blow Pop tonight.

Thread Information