Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in a playoff game?? BS
    Not just after the game but between game 1 and 2 :
    http://origin.nba.com/spurs/video/110420_pop_shoot.html

It's even him that say "all manu interview ?" at the end when no one has any other questions and it was only about one topic

Last year the story was Parker off the bench and there was no other question than that. This year is manu s injury

The point is, SA media sucks. You don't have to ask 10 times the same question and ignore every other topics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Accountability suggests that there might be adverse action if things don't change.

Do you really think the Spurs would fire Popovich if he refuses to answer questions about his rotation?

Frankly, it strikes me as being little different than the idle speculation in this forum, which obviously hasn't changed anything.
    Spare me the technical routine. You get the point. Bring a little heat to him with the questions and the follow up. His "We missed shots, they made shots" routine is pure bs and for you to act like that's ok is ridiculous. His lineups and coaching decisions are why the other team makes certain shots and why we miss certain shots, like overplaying Bonner, or pulling a player when they are hot or on a roll, then we suddenly lose momentum.

Reporters get paid to ask questions, they should earn their paycheck. A lot of fans who help pay the bills want him to answer these questions.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You folks don't realize that reporters are not as obsessed and hate filled as you. The echo chamber that is SpursTalk has made you think everyone thinks like you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have any of you emailed any of the people listed while I was out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you really feel that way about the media, Fabbs and whoever else, get in touch with the sports-related media member of your choice and explain your feelings. Plenty of relevant stats and convincing arguments will need to be presented in a coherent manner or no one may listen. Additionally, the insulting, desultory tone should be entirely negated. Once you have figured out what exactly you need to say, how to say it, and who to say it to, execute your plan and hope for the best. A pe ion may or may not help, depending on who you talk to and how convincing you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you really feel that way about the media, Fabbs and whoever else, get in touch with the sports-related media member of your choice and explain your feelings. Plenty of relevant stats and convincing arguments will need to be presented in a coherent manner or no one may listen. Additionally, the insulting, desultory tone should be entirely negated. Once you have figured out what exactly you need to say, how to say it, and who to say it to, execute your plan and hope for the best. A pe ion may or may not help, depending on who you talk to and how convincing you are.
    Remember, use as many nicknames as possible.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (On the chances of Tiago Splitter playing in Game Two) “I don’t know, haven’t thought about it.”
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177226

SA media won't go further than that.

Btw, I don't thing Splitter is the answer right now. Maybe next year.

Don't think the media help themselfs with simple questions like this. Back the q up with period of the game where Splitter could of helped and Spur's weakness stood out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media doesn't give a about Tiago. It's not sensational enough to sell copies, so why deal with it? Most people who read the sports section have no ing idea who Tiago Splitter is. They know who Tim Duncan is, but Tiago? Never heard of the guy and don't give a that he's not playing.

, they barely cover the Spurs when they win the championship.

Seattles Biggest Spurs Fan suitedkings's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mail sent.

"When are you or anyone in the SA media going to question Pop about not playing Splitter? Are you afraid of Pop?

Unfortunately, these are serious questions."

Mail to McDonald didnt go through.

<[email protected]>:
    64.18.6.14 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 No such user - psmtp
    Giving up on 64.18.6.14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mail sent.

"When are you or anyone in the SA media going to question Pop about not playing Splitter? Are you afraid of Pop?

Unfortunately, these are serious questions."

Mail to McDonald didnt go through.

<[email protected]>:
    64.18.6.14 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 No such user - psmtp
    Giving up on 64.18.6.14.
    would help if you used the correct e-mail address: [email protected] (not [email protected]).

Good luck getting to the bottom of this vast media conspiracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just humoring the thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spare me the technical routine. You get the point. Bring a little heat to him with the questions and the follow up. His "We missed shots, they made shots" routine is pure bs and for you to act like that's ok is ridiculous. His lineups and coaching decisions are why the other team makes certain shots and why we miss certain shots, like overplaying Bonner, or pulling a player when they are hot or on a roll, then we suddenly lose momentum.

Reporters get paid to ask questions, they should earn their paycheck. A lot of fans who help pay the bills want him to answer these questions.

I sure do want some answers. Someone needs to ask these questions about Bonner playing so much when he can't defend PG from posting him up. And how does he get 20mins PT and only manage 3 pts and 4 rebs.

No coach would play someone who can't reb for 20 mins. That's dam near half the game, you can't play like that in the playoffs and expect to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sure do want some answers.
    And yet, you sent no email.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think some people here realize how much time the media spends with the team. It's not like they see Pop after the game, ask him a question, and go home. They are there before practices, during workouts, during the game, after the game, and some of them are with them on road trips.

Not to mention, if you get on the bad side of Pop, you'll probably get a bad reputation with him, and whoever you work for. These kind of repercussions aren't worth it to them. It doesn't mean they aren't doing their job either. They know they'd just be wasting their breath with a question that Pop won't answer.

Also, I spoke with someone who used to run the box for the Mavs games and he mentioned how much influence Pop has in the organization, and that he is known for possibly taking away media credentials from people he doesn't care for, as FWD mentioned earlier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walter Pasacrita and Jeff Vexler crossed Pop in 2007 for their infamous Iverson bit during Round 1, lost their access because of it, and lost their jobs.

It's a one story town. That story is fairly tightly controlled by those who define the culture of the basketball team. Those who choose to defy the control lose their access. A sportswriter with no access in San Antonio to the Spurs is basically worthless to his paper or station. The math becomes fairly easy from there.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Kevin O'Keeffe can tell stories about the consequences of pressing Pop on issues that he doesn't really care to be pressed on. Allegedly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don Harris replied.

Not me. Not afraid, I just don't think Tiago is very good. The bigger question is why did they draft him or bring him over. He's not ready for prime time.

Thanks for watching,

Don

Sent from my iPad

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The bigger question is why did they draft him or bring him over."

then why didn't "no fear" Don ask this question?

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walter Pasacrita and Jeff Vexler crossed Pop in 2007 for their infamous Iverson bit during Round 1, lost their access because of it, and lost their jobs.

It's a one story town. That story is fairly tightly controlled by those who define the culture of the basketball team. Those who choose to defy the control lose their access. A sportswriter with no access in San Antonio to the Spurs is basically worthless to his paper or station. The math becomes fairly easy from there.
    In other words. If Pop was a president he'd be Ghadafi. ok maybe not Ghadafi. Chavez.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin O'Keeffe can tell stories about the consequences of pressing Pop on issues that he doesn't really care to be pressed on. Allegedly.
    Exactly! I remember this. And I remember being very irritated with Pop the network that fired him. These guys are terrified of Popovich and of getting reamed in front of their colleagues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I liked Vexler OK, but Pasacrita is downright irritating and I don't like any of his sports takes. And it goes beyond his nasally accent. He never lets his co-host complete a sentence and cuts off callers in a failed attempt to become Jim Rome-like. I loved the other morning when Richard Oliver was filling in for him. Hilarious how a couple of callers called in begging for him to replace Pasacrita. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don Harris replied.

Not me. Not afraid, I just don't think Tiago is very good. The bigger question is why did they draft him or bring him over. He's not ready for prime time.

Thanks for watching,

Don

Sent from my iPad
    How many draftees are ready for prime time?

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    How many draftees are ready for prime time?
    Hopefully, by 25 you would be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked McDonald on Twitter why he hasn't asked about Splitter and his playing time (or lack there of).

He said that he has asked many times and the answer is usually "because".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked McDonald on Twitter why he hasn't asked about Splitter and his playing time (or lack there of).

He said that he has asked many times and the answer is usually "because".
    Which is also precisely the point. Even if you discount the nature of the market and the paucity of sports stories to be covered in it, the ultimate reason that Popovich isn't going to answer the question is because he stands to gain nothing whatsoever by explaining in detail why he does or doesn't play anyone.

You may want to know, but Pop has absolutely no reason to explain it to you.

Thread Information