Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

MAIN CARD (FOX)

Champ Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos (for heavyweight le)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook and FOX.com)

Clay Guida vs. Ben Henderson
    Pablo Garza vs. Dustin Poirier
    Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto vs. Darren Uyenoyama
    Ricardo Lamas vs. Cub Swanson
    Clay Harvsion vs. DaMarques Johnson
    Robert Peralta vs. Mackens Semerzier
    Paul Bradley vs. Mike Pierce
    Matt Lucas vs. Aaron Rosa
    Alex Caceres vs. Cole Escovedo

Since it was announced today, place to discuss who will be on the card, etc
    Last edited by ace3g; 11-06-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Post Count
    Page/Jones vs Shad

First fight announcement:
    Two exciting featherweight prospects, Dustin Poirier and Pablo Garza, have verbally agreed to fight each other on November 12.

Garza is coming off of two spectacular UFC finishes -- one flying-knee KO and a flying triangle submission. Poirier is looking to stay undefeated in the UFC with his aggressive slugging style that earned him wins at UFC 125 (against then-top contender Josh Grispi) and UFC 131 as well as a 53-second KO in the WEC.
    http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-on-fox-1-fight-card-update

Post Count
    Brock says he is healthy and getting ready to roll

On the same day of this announcement this might not be a coincidence

http://espn.go.com/blog/MMA/post/_/i...gain-ufc- le

“Recently, I went under the knife and had surgery for my diverticulitis,” Lesnar said. “I feel like a new man. I feel great, healthy [and] strong.

“I feel like I used to feel.”

“Right now, [it’s] one day at a time for me,” Lesnar said. “I still believe there’s a bright future in the UFC for me. My health is 100 percent; I feel great. My motivation is there and I want to get on the map again. I want to become the UFC heavyweight champion again and I believe I will do that.”

Since we are talking Lesnar, this was released today:

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    UFC might be the biggest sports organization in States.

They have way better system then other major USA sports.

They pay directly and they pay for performance.

Looking at mma now I'm kinda losing a 'being-out-of-ordinary-and not-well-known-wow-sports-fan" status
    mma will became common and everybody will know what it is.
    % yrs ago nobody knew nothing about the sport.
    In Poland Pudzianowski changed it and most people know that there is some kind of battle sport.

5 yrs from now UFC will be an NBA
    in a meaning NBA= best basketball; UFC= best mma

UFC do not have 1992 Olympics though

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Please, dear Satan, feed Lesner to Mir when he comes back. Please.

Post Count
    Please, dear Satan, feed Lesner to Mir when he comes back. Please.
    Yeah Mir needs another beating..

i heard they were talking Lesnar vs Overeem

Post Count
    i heard they were talking Lesnar vs Overeem
    That would be a good idea, Brock only has a couple of fights left in him and that would make the UFC the most money.

Post Count
    90% of the HW's in the UFC right now are hoping their phone does not ring with Joe Silva on the other end offering them Brock.. Brock is gonna be rusty but he is also gonna be healthy and angry as .. He's coming off a loss and will be looking to make a serious statement.. He was pissed off when he was champ.. Someone is gonna get a UFC 100 Mir like ass kicking from him in the next few months..

Post Count
    That would be a good idea, Brock only has a couple of fights left in him and that would make the UFC the most money.
    If he can stay healthy and motivated he could have a lot more fights left in him.. He's 34 but only has 7 fights, it's all about how much longer he wants to fight..

anderson vs brock would be the best card ever

Plus, I know some like to hate on Brock but he still has an excellent wrestling background to fall back on, he isn't just some gimmick striker who made it into the UFC. With his size/speed he can be a monster still, just needs some work on his striking stance, and how to take a punch.

Post Count
    Plus, I know some like to hate on Brock but he still has an excellent wrestling background to fall back on, he isn't just some gimmick striker who made it into the UFC. With his size/speed he can be a monster still, just needs some work on his striking stance, and how to take a punch.
    Well maybe if he would let his training partners actually punch him in the face he might learn to take a punch better in live fight. Until then hes gonna get knocked the out by the top heavyweights.

Post Count
    Well maybe if he would let his training partners actually punch him in the face he might learn to take a punch better in live fight. Until then hes gonna get knocked the out by the top heavyweights.
    What top HW's can stop his wrestling and viscious GNP?

Not Mir
    Not
    Nelson, Kongo, CC, Schaub, Nog, or Overeem.. Reem has lousy wrestling..

Cain and maybe JDS..

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Watching Lesnar eat beef jerky is exasperating. Eat some veggies, dumbass. Odds are that all that protein is a big contributor to your diverticulitis.

Post Count
    What top HW's can stop his wrestling and viscious GNP?

Not Mir
    Not
    Nelson, Kongo, CC, Schaub, Nog, or Overeem.. Reem has lousy wrestling..

Cain and maybe JDS..
    I dont think he can beat JDS. I still think if Carwin can work on his cardio he could beat his ass too. I think he could beat reem, but I don't think it would be easy and it could go either way. He's a great athlete and I wish him the best with his recovery but I think he is overated.

Post Count
    Watching Lesnar eat beef jerky is exasperating. Eat some veggies, dumbass. Odds are that all that protein is a big contributor to your diverticulitis.
    Yeah i'm sure he knows that Dessie..

Post Count
    I dont think he can beat JDS. I still think if Carwin can work on his cardio he could beat his ass too. I think he could beat reem, but I don't think it would be easy and it could go either way. He's a great athlete and I wish him the best with his recovery but I think he is overated.
    Carwin is done.. He looked old and shot against JDS.. Too many injuries for him.. A healthy Brock beats really anyone i think at HW except for Cain and JDS.. We'll have to see how JDS does against Cain..

Another part of the Greg Beacham (@gregbeacham) tweets:

Without naming names, @danawhite also said the results of this weekend's Rio show could determine who headlines the Anaheim show. #spider?

Both Clay Guida and Ben Henderson are pushing for a fight on the UFC on Fox card through twitter.

Rumor: Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson Possible For UFC’s FOX Debut

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/23...rson-fox-debut

I wonder if it would be an easy drop back to MW for Henderson? Of course like the rumor says, it would only happen if Silva won.

Post Count
    Rumor: Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson Possible For UFC’s FOX Debut

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/23...rson-fox-debut

I wonder if it would be an easy drop back to MW for Henderson? Of course like the rumor says, it would only happen if Silva won.
    Weird if true..

Dan Henderson Unsigned, but Anderson Silva Rematch 'Only Fight He'd Consider at 185'

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/08/2...only-fight-he/

Thread Information