Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's so much happening with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 that Game Hunters has already chimed in with the latest on the Modern Warfare 3 story and the Call of Duty phenomenon.

Another great aspect of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 that's getting upgrades in MW3 is Spec Ops, the single-player or cooperative combat aspect of the game.

In Modern Warfare 3, Spec Ops gains its own progressive ranking system, online matchmaking system and leaderboards. There's also a new survival mode that plays out on the multiplayer maps; Modern Warfare 2's Spec Ops missions took place on single-player maps (as will the new game's traditional Spec Ops mode).

"All that stuff really fleshes out Spec Ops and adds in a lot that we know our fans are going to love, some of the most addictive aspects of Multiplayer," says Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling.

I teamed up with Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin for a couple tries at Spec Ops' new Survival mode on a map currently called Dome, a derelict Cold War-era desert radar command bunker.

As we dispatched ever-increasing waves of enemies, I discarded my pistol for a shotgun. Rubin passed me some in-game currency and I bought and installed a turret to keep the evildoers at bay, while I watched for attack dogs.

After a few waves, the attack dogs became suicide bomber dogs that exploded a few seconds after you shot them. The next wave brought the kamikaze soldiers who exploded similarly.

"You definitely have to change up your strategy as the enemy changes up," Bowling said afterward. "Obviously how you fight the kamakazi dudes is different from how you fight the normal dudes and how you fight a dog is different from a dude and how you fight juggernauts, they are not only big and armored, so they will just brute force come at you. But they each have their own way of being taken out effectively."

Yes, there are juggernauts returning from the previous games; there will be several different types of them, too. But back in the game, I took heed from Rubin on how to counterattack choppers raining fire from overhead. The game has an unlimited number of waves. "We got up to wave 8 which is really a good wave for a first time player," Rubin pronounces afterwards.

"You were certainly very animated," said Michael Condrey of MW3 co-development studio Sledgehammer Games. "That's a good sign that you were having fun."

In truth, Spec Ops was already a favorite mode of mine that I used in advance of the few times I ventured into the online MW2 multiplayer matches. The developers hope that even more players use the mode to perhaps graduate to multiplayer.

"We have all been challenged. There's such hard-core players out there in the online community and you hear all the stories about (youngsters) swearing and ruining the experience," Condrey says. "With Spec Ops, you can really get in there and hone your skills in a more confined environment. I think it's a little more of an easy entry. I don't have as much time as I did when I was 20 to be honing my twitch skills, but this certainly gives me a venue to experiment."

Adds Rubin, "we added Spec Ops as the third game mode," Rubin says. "That is really stepped up this time. It is really a stronger leg of the tripod."
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...rn-warfare-3/1

Hey look its zombies without zombies

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or the Horde mode in Gears of War or Firefight in Halo. It's nothing new, but something that can be fun.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can't wait for a new counter-strikeish fps to come dethrone treyarch studio's piles of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ain't treyarch, but yes treyarch sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ain't treyarch, but yes treyarch sucks
    May as well be. Half of infinity ward went on to form respawn. This is some gutted version of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want an insane FPS with highly customizable kill streaks. Like once you get to 10 kills midget vampires are released.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want an insane FPS with highly customizable kill streaks. Like once you get to 10 kills midget vampires are released.
    Or, instead of getting attack dogs, you get attack raptors. But, this would be a high kill reward because the raptors just kill everyone on both teams. And they don't just come after you, they set traps and wait for you to run into them.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Footage shown at E3 was jam packed fun. Only sequence I didn't like was the chopper chase. Do enemy choppers not shoot back or evade?

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Cod4>>>>>cod2>>>>>>>>>ops>>>mw2>>cod3

Cod1 didn't play online until it died imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Footage shown at E3 was jam packed fun. Only sequence I didn't like was the chopper chase. Do enemy choppers not shoot back or evade?
    Jam packed fun?! LOLOL

HOW WAS IT FUN!?

It was more of a ing movie than actual gameplay, all you see is cut scenes of the player either turning a key.. pressing a button.. going down stairs.. planting a bomb...

it wasn't fun at all...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jam packed fun?! LOLOL

HOW WAS IT FUN!?

It was more of a ing movie than actual gameplay, all you see is cut scenes of the player either turning a key.. pressing a button.. going down stairs.. planting a bomb...

it wasn't fun at all...
    Fun to me is both gameplay and presentation. I do agree that the cutscenes were a bit too long but the footage shown was supposedly the first mission and you gotta get a "story" going.

I'm still likely going to pass on MW3 until I can get it cheaper. It is more of the same and I don't play COD multiplayer. BF3 will blow it away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anyone buying this over BF3.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    *downloading

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I bought MW2 so I think I'm en led to pirate MW3 and give free copies away anyone I see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Single player as always looks badass but the real concern is online multiplayer. Cod2 and cod4 were superb so I'm hoping IW can rebound from the abortion that was MW2

Skyrim and cod coming out within 3 days...better start saving up,tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the nukes back. but its nerfed as

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That graphic perfectly sums up my reactions to COD4 and WAW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Battlefield 3 is the truth. It's so freakin' good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    treyarch is so bad

Yes I'm a troll. Happy? SourCandy's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My brother was all about Black ops and I too found it rather fun. I never played the previous versions,so I guess I don't get why one would hate it. He is getting MW3 on preorder. What's so bad about treyarch? I would assume nothing for the casual gamer such as myself but for you guys that obviously play a lot what has your boxers in a bunch about treyarch?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Black ops is very plain and blah if you played the other games. The levels are terrible.. the guns are boring.. game play is slower.. kill streaks are nerfed to .. list goes on.

Thread Information