Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Mike Bibby had a black dad in the NBA, pretty hard to argue he doesn't have the genetics

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Yeah I agree. It has to take an exceptional smaller PG to even have a chance to carry his team. That player has to shoot extremely well off the dribble, but yet be an masterful ball-handler/passer. Basically has to be flawless offensively and have shooters on the wing who can defend, a PF who can defend and shoot/score, and a center who is athletic and can defend and be strong on the pick n roll. Plus, the bench has to be better than the other team's bench. All of this has to come true in order for a smaller PG to carry a team.

Right now, what the Bulls are missing is Rose being a complete offensive player and more shooters. Rose isn't a good passer, turns the ball over too much, and his offensive game is not no where close to being complete. Plus, they don't have enough shooters who can also defend. Their defense is strong, their bench is strong and they have a strong frontcourt. They just need Rose to improve a lot more and find more shooters. Its a very difficult formula which is why they're better off finding an All-Star wing scorer.
    The Bulls are missing a closer who can take over when teams start defending Rose properly.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Joe Johnson would have left several millions on the table leaving Atlanta, but if he were on the Bulls, the Heat would have to respect both Rose and Johnson and their ability to create shots for themselves. It would probably be a much better match-up with him as a secondary option (maybe even first option with Rose taking less responsibility in the scoring department). Plus Johnson is a nice defensive match-up for either Wade or LeBron. Not that he could stop either one of them. No one can really. But he and Deng would be two nice defensive options against Wade and LeBron.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    The Bulls are missing a closer who can take over when teams start defending Rose properly.
    And that's Rose's fault since he acted like he didn't need an All-Star wing player next to him. He felt he could be the guy when he was no where close. He should easily attack Lebron or any other defenses the Heat throws at him, but his game is so flawed that he has no idea what to do except drive in contestedly or shoot deep jumpers. His offensive game is pathetic which is why the Bulls are better off looking for a true closer. Rose is no where close to being that guy.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    And that's Rose's fault since he acted like he didn't need an All-Star wing player next to him.
    co mother in signed

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    And that's Rose's fault since he acted like he didn't need an All-Star wing player next to him.
    MVP

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Subs ute Michael Jordan for Rose and this Bulls team would win it all in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Subs ute Michael Jordan for Rose and this Bulls team would win it all in my opinion.
    You could say that about a lot of teams tbh.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    well sons this is what most Americans want ... overrated, chucking point guards. it doesn't matter if they only dish out 5 or 6 assist and shoot the ball 39%, as long as they score 25 points or more then they are da best!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lead a team to the ECF at age 22, be regarded as a massive failure. That's the lesson I learned here.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I approve of this thread tbh
    Yeah, you were one of the first to argue how overrated the PG position was.

Seriously, props.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Should've mentioned this thread is in honor of DOK. was right...

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Should've mentioned this thread is in honor of DOK. was right...
    Not quite.

Jason mother in Kidd (HoF PG) is gonna win it all this year..

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    At an advanced age in a reduced role

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    just be happy for him (Marion) in June, DoK..ok?..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    isiah is still the last to win it all as the lead pg on the team

TP and Billups.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Anyone thinking Parker was the Spurs' leader in 2007 or thinking the 2004 Pistons had any 1 clear cut best player has temporal lobe damage.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lol Rose
    Lol Westbrook
    ? They would start on your team

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    well sons this is what most Americans want ... overrated, chucking point guards. it doesn't matter if they only dish out 5 or 6 assist and shoot the ball 39%, as long as they score 25 points or more then they are da best!
    Again, where was Paul the first 82 games of the season? Maybe then they wouldn't have played the Lakers in the 1st Round and actually won a playoff series.

Paul's accomplishments are still below Rose & D.Williams

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    And that's Rose's fault since he acted like he didn't need an All-Star wing player next to him. He felt he could be the guy when he was no where close. He should easily attack Lebron or any other defenses the Heat throws at him, but his game is so flawed that he has no idea what to do except drive in contestedly or shoot deep jumpers. His offensive game is pathetic which is why the Bulls are better off looking for a true closer. Rose is no where close to being that guy.
    This post is such a mess

- How did he act like he didn't need a All-Star wing player next to him? You have a link to him telling managment to not make a deal? They had an offer for Mayo and Courtney Lee and didn't pull the trigger. With Mayo this series is 2-2 but Lee wouldn't make much of a difference

- No idea what to do? It's Rose's fault the Bulls wouldn't make a wide open shot?

- ''True Closer''. Who are those? Mello, Dirk & Jamal Crawford?

- Paul is starting to reach overrated status on here. He lost a series against a team with no point guard and zero guards in general. Last time Paul won a playoff series?

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    ? They would start on your team
    IMO, other than the fact Miami has a two-headed punch. The Bulls have every other factor in their advantage

- Home Court
    - Better coaching
    - Better roster
    - Better bench
    - Better defense
    - Superior post
    - Most clutch player

If Bron & Wade don't rip of combined atleast 60 then Heat will lose guaranteed
    What happened here?

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    What happened here?
    Haslem and Miller playing better than they have all year. Heat playing as Wilbon said atleast 25% better than they did against the Celtics

Without Haslem and Miller this series is atleast 2-2 for Bulls. A shot here and there has been the difference in 2 of the games and the other 2 blowouts for both teams
    Last edited by NewcastleKEG; 05-25-2011 at 05:41 PM.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Haslem and Miller playing better than they have all year. Heat playing as Wilbon said atleast 25% better than they did against the Celtics

With Haslem and Miller this series is atleast 2-2 for Bulls. A shot here and there has been the difference in 2 of the games and the other 2 blowouts for both teams
    More like the Bulls/Rose were overrated and got exposed.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    More like the Bulls/Rose were overrated and got exposed.
    Exposed for what? Miller made his shots and Korver missed his. You won and we lost

Trying to make this out to be more complicated than you hit one more long 20 footer than us

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Exposed for what? Miller made his shots and Korver missed his. You won and we lost

Trying to make this out to be more complicated than you hit one more long 20 footer than us
    Was there a game lost by one shot? Did you even watch the series? Exposed as in Rose is not a closer, "COY" is getting out coached, superior post is not superior and regular season means nothing.

Thread Information