Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belgacom Spirou plays the Euroleague qualification. (two out of 16 teams qualify for the Euroleague, the others move to the Eurocup). chances to succeed are slim, Spirou needs three wins over Donetsk and then likely Alba Berlin and finally Khimki Moscow, Khimki will be to strong).
    but he will play about the same level of compe ion like he did last season.
    I would like to see him with the Spurs after the lockout, but with Leonard on the roster his chances to land at SA didn't grow.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only two games, but Gelabale is looking very good.
    12PPG, made 6 of 9 3s, great per minute production. (20.4 PPG per 40 min)
    easy to see why the Spurs are interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, he was also very good against Germany. After 3 games, he has been with Batum the best FNT player behind Parker.

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I'll get Noah in the contest.
    His energy is tremedous, gets a lot of rebounds, and he is really a plus to french defense.
    Looks like isn't adapting that bad to fiba rules

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Gelabale is playing great, really sober, he never forces things. Just making the shots he supposed to take, great activity on the defensive end, playing the passing lines.

Efficient is the word...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poor man's Batum!

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noah is playing OK and nothing more than that.
    For France it is quite an improvement already ^^

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gelabale being somewhat clutch tonight.Two long jump shots tonight in the OT.One was a three, one was almost one (toes on the line).

As his contract with its new euro team has an nba opt out clause, he is going to make an happy team in the league (provided that it takes place).

Sober and efficient....

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gelabale being somewhat clutch tonight.Two long jump shots tonight at the end of the OT.One was a three, one was almost one (toe on the line).

As his contract with its new euro team has an nba opt out clause, he is going to make an happy team in the league (provided that it takes place).

Sober and efficient....

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could he be an option for our 2nd round pick or will he be long gone by then?
    He already entered the NBA draft years ago (he was playing for Real Madrid and won the Spanish league in 2005) and has been drafted by the Sonics in the 2nd round. He actually played for them, got injured, then played for the Lakers D-League affiliate then moved back to France where he had some success in 2010 (French League MVP and champion).

As mentioned above unfortunately no SL this year for him to show his worth, and no point for a veteran player like him (10y experience) to sign for a training camp contract, but his current contract has an opt-out clause.

The Euro Championship will probably work out like a mock-SL for him, as he has been very good so far: great defense, efficient shooting, making good decisions and bringing a lot of energy. Unfortunately he sprained his ankle and was out against Lithuania and probably for the (mostly meaningless) game against Spain too.

At this stage I feel that he could really help an NBA team, and I'm pretty sure the scouts at the EC have noticed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gelabale has signed with Khimki Moscow.

He'd have been good for the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In an effort to return to the NBA, Mickael Gelabale has informed all 30 teams about his interest in signing with an organization between now and Jan. 30, agent Bill McCandless told RealGM on Friday afternoon.

Gelabale’s agency reached out to all teams through email, and it is confident that someone will seriously consider acquiring Gelabale in January.
    “He’s better than [Chris] Douglas-Roberts or any D-Leaguer in my opinion,” McCandless said.

After his contract with Croatian club Cedevita ended late last week, Gelabale moved to Valencia of the ACB – where he holds an opt-out clause to leave to the NBA by Jan. 30.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...tential_Return

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would make trading Sjax's expiring contract possible. Definitely worth the spot imo. There's not what we need in FA anyway, might as well sign him, gives us more options for a trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'd be just one plyaer away from possibly having a 100% French five on the floor...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still hoping the Spurs don't trade SJAX, can't replace his heart/clutchness. Gelabale could be an option if the Spurs were to make a trade where they get back less players than they sent out, and would have another spot open. Gelabale as the 3rd SF on the roster in that situation would add depth and if he played well you could sell him on being the true back up SF next year, depending on what the Spurs decide on SJAX.
    Last edited by ace3g; 12-22-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough, could allow us to move a guard then, someone like Neal/Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough, could allow us to move a guard then, someone like Neal/Green.
    Neal/Blair/Joseph could be expendable. Really other than general size and athletism....there isn't a whole lot missing. Mickael Gelabale could be an interesting addition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://translate.google.com/translat...%26noti%3D2419

Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket Valencia announced that Mickael Gelabale had the permission to travel to America to negotiate a contract in the NBA

Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket
    Mickael Gelabale has an NBA out in the contract w/Valencia till the end of January. If he doesn't sign in NBA, Gelabale will return in ACB

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine My Spanish spies say injury-riddled Timberwolves most likely destination for Mickael Gelabale after Valencia allows ex-Sonic return to NBA
    Last edited by ace3g; 01-13-2013 at 11:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timberwolves has just signed him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good move for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who'd they cut? Hayward?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who'd they cut? Hayward?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/timberw...4687--nba.html

Terms of the deal were not immediately available, but Gelabale was expected to join the injury-filled Wolves on Friday after Lazar Hayward's 10-day contract expires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. I had no idea Hayward was on a 10-day. That still puts them at 15. I wonder who'll they'll waive to make room for Neal and Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck to him. I'm always been a big fan. Minny is a very nice opportunity for him. They are very thin at SG/SF and Gelable would be a nice fit for Adelman well structured system.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. I had no idea Hayward was on a 10-day. That still puts them at 15. I wonder who'll they'll waive to make room for Neal and Bonner.
    You forgot Blair.

Thread Information