Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs include Blair, Minnesota could only send two players back (Williams and someone else), and they'd still be one roster spot short.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs include Blair, Minnesota could only send two players back (Williams and someone else), and they'd still be one roster spot short.
    I was being facetious. I just meant that the majority of this board wants to dump all three players, so including all three in any given trade is expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's going to do well. He was impressive at times during the Olympics ... even better than Batum for long stretches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    first game vs Rockets, played 4 min so far:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013011916

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good debut for Gelabale

He looks a lot better than the typical trash that is signed around this time. He probably won't be a stud but I can see him being a rock solid bench player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game against Rockets was unreal. Chris Johnson and Gelabale, 2 players signed to 10 days contract today, scored the first 23 points of the 4th quarter for Minny.

This good first game should help Gelabale to secure a contract for the rest of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves could come back, but they made a big mistake not playing Gelabale until about 1 min left in the 3rd quarter. He was one of the main reasons they had the lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN Pop says Spurs have had interest in French forward Mickael Gelabale, who is on the second of two 10-days with Minnesota.

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN
    Pop: "He's somebody we thought about a lot over the last couple of years. We just never really had a position there."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to know Spurs were keeping an eye on him. I'm convinced he would have been a solid role player for Spurs but, as pop said, Spurs are set at SG/SF and didn't need him.

Gelabale second 10 days will expire in a couple of days and I hope for him he will be signed for the rest of season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah same here, hope he signs with Wolves (or another team) for rest of the season. Also depending on what the roster looks like next year he could still be a target.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the very least, Gelabale can make either Jax or Green expendable in the right trade scenario.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop: "He's somebody we thought about a lot over the last couple of years. We just never really had a position there."
    If I'm this guy, I would call Pop and make him an offer: "Pop, I know that the Spurs may not want me...so...I think I can get a $1M /year contract with another team. My offer is, you start talking about me, say that I’m a really good fit, that I have a lot of potential..blahblahblah...and, for every dollar I get on top of the 1$M I will give you 20 cents...what do you think?"

I mean, it amazing how agent always find a way to name the Spurs in market discussion, so that the value goes up. "If Pop likes him, he must me good!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket Mickael Gelabale and Chris Johnson signed a contract for the season with the Timberwolves. Lou Amundson has been waived

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket Mickael Gelabale and Chris Johnson signed a contract for the season with the Timberwolves. Lou Amundson has been waived

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 111

There goes the critical piece in the Derrick Williams trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great for Gelabale.

There are now 13th French players in NBA. Even if some of them are marginal ones, that's a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol who the is Chris Johnson? CJ28?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump

Somebody know what is his contract situation with the Wolves and if they want to keep him next year ?
    He would be a perfect fit for the backup SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody know what is his contract situation with the Wolves and if they want to keep him next year ?
    He is under contract with Minny for next season but his contract isn't fully guaranteed:
    http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...mberwolves.jsp

From what I've read, it seems that they like him and intend to keep him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've read, it seems that they like him and intend to keep him.
    I was thinking so, but i just read an interview of Terry Porter for a french basketball internet site, and he don't answer like if they really want to keep him.
    http://www.basketusa.com/news/161176...-place-en-nba/

Un mot sur Mickaël Gelabale, arrivé en cours de saison ?

Il a très bien débuté pour nous lorsque nous l’avons signé. Maintenant, nous avons enregistré le retour de Kirilenko et de Budinger donc retrouver du temps de jeu pour lui est devenu compliqué.

Vous le voyez rester en NBA la saison prochaine ?

Je pense qu’il a prouvé qu’il avait sa place en NBA. Il a progressé et je n’ai pas de doute qu’il rejoindra une équipe NBA l’an prochain. Il doit seulement saisir la bonne opportunité.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Valencia might try and get him back:

http://www.gigantes.com/noticia/5558...ernativa?.html

Google translate link:
    http://translate.google.com/translat...nativa%3F.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably our best option at back up SF in FA market other than trade options.

I wish Neal, Blair, and Spurs could make a decision already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably our best option at back up SF in FA market other than trade options.

I wish Neal, Blair, and Spurs could make a decision already.
    Spurs are holding onto Neal's matching rights as a bargaining chip to maybe get something in return. With the players left on the market, and what little the Spurs need, there is absolutely no hurry. Playing a little Texas Hold 'em may yield a pick or a positional need player. I think teams are foolishly waiting on the voluntary QO withdrawal date next week, hoping the Spurs will blink. They won't. His offer is cheap, and worst case is they bring him into camp and work on moving him during the season. If someone wants Neal, they're going to have to pay the Spurs what they want. I can't imagine it's very much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emiliano Carchia @SportandoBasket
    Mickael Gelabale will sign back in Europe today, according to @ShamsCharania sportando.net/eng/cups/eurol…

Thread Information