Subterranean.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey all.. been a very very long time since I've been around here. Don't know how many of those old pals are still around but I have that nagging question to ask again.

With all the issues that ESPN is reporting with the Devil Rays in Tampa/St. Petersburg and with the likelyhoood that the MLB and team owner will have to move them, why isn't San Antonio pushing to bring that team here as Nelson Wolff tried with the Marlins a few years back?

Maybe I'm just blind to the fact that this city is not an MLB town, that we only love football and basketball. Perhaps I just dont get that maybe we are not a great sports town (which I do disagree with). I'm thankful to have an NBA team, and although we have a WNBA team, I still feel that the town is mssing something. Especially in the summer when all we have are the Missions, and apparently, the Dallas Cowboys training camp.

I'm probably what you would now call an estranged fan of the Houston Astros. I'm just sick and tired of all the false hopes and lost promises with that team. Although the Rangers have been doing well, I agree with one of the other threads about us latching another team in the state. I havent supported them in the past, I dont see why I should start now and Dallas is so far away in North texas.

I know that some of us here are hoping for that NFL dream to come true. You can add me to that group as I also dream of the day S.A. can call a team it's own. However we need to get real here on the fact that it may take many many years, or some miracle for that to happen in my lifetime.

We can't even get a darn Major League Soccer team in here for pete's sake.

I'm just growing weary in my years of those summers, waiting on the Spurs season to come around or the Dallas Cowboys or whatever team's NFL training camp to start up.

Please understand I'm posting this in a sports context. I know San Antonio has Sea World, Fiesta Texas, shopping, etc. to keep us busy during the summer. I also understand that we dont have the biggest corporate backing in the world.

I just wish we would wake up and finally mature as a sports city. Y'all have a great summer and may God bless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The OP's name promises a wealth of possibilities, does it not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for pete's sake.
    x's a billion

Subterranean.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you, thank you but this is only a one night show.

But see what I mean... I guess we'll be eternally trapped in the Sports Hades between El Paso and Corpus...

Late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want the Expos back, dammit !

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Buddy Holly forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem NFL, and MLB personnel have with San Antonio, is their small T.V. market size. This perception will change over the years with UTSA bringing in Div. 1 football and the city's continued growth, but it will take several more years imo, before S.A. will get a pro sports team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chances San Antonio has improved in landing the A's after today's relocation news?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chances San Antonio has improved in landing the A's after today's relocation news?

If anything they've gotten worse. Could see Austin being in the running, though.

Thread Information