Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the client very much. It needs a lot of functionality work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO simple is better.

search, put on playlist, play.

next is see if they have a good way to link similar music, suggestions/reviews, discover new music. Like Pandora/Netflix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw one thing that really hurt Pandora is most corporate sites including goverment blocked them. Pretty unfair since they have not blocked Spotify, Netflix, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quick question too lazy to look up.

if you pay for premium service. Do you own the songs? Can you burn them to cds? and what if you later cancel the premium service. Do you still own the songs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nevermind. found out you don't own . They have their own propietary format.

The free version still kicks ass, but I don't see how ppl can pay these bas s if you still don't own in the end.

But there is this thing called Despotify which might help you decrypt their format and save mp3

oh well I dont' see how ppl say this is an Itunes replacement.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    whats up with not being able to listen to every track on albums, like eminems latest cd. there were several tracks that won't play for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is going to turn into a bait-and-switch sooner than later, IMO. Much like Netflix being cornered into jacking up rates once successful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite a bit is 2 weeks? Wow.

Although I do have a question..I can't get my playlist to play randomly. I have like 4/5 albums added to playlist (200ish songs) and I want it to shuffle instead of playlist all in order. I have the little shuffle highlighted and all but it still plays all the way through. What gives? Geeks?!

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nevermind. found out you don't own . They have their own propietary format.

The free version still kicks ass, but I don't see how ppl can pay these bas s if you still don't own in the end.

But there is this thing called Despotify which might help you decrypt their format and save mp3

oh well I dont' see how ppl say this is an Itunes replacement.
    A lot of people don't like iTunes, but there's one thing that you can't knock it for, it's ing easy as to use.

I heard of Spotify a long time ago but just never got around to trying it. I'm not big on having to pay for Premium services. I know why they're offered (the developers need money to improve plus I can't fault them for wanting to profit from their invention), but I have no interest in paying for a service. I'm a cheap bas that way.

So, seeing as how I don't have time to sift through every post (pretty busy morning), what's the final verdict on whether it's worth a try or not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite a bit is 2 weeks? Wow.

Although I do have a question..I can't get my playlist to play randomly. I have like 4/5 albums added to playlist (200ish songs) and I want it to shuffle instead of playlist all in order. I have the little shuffle highlighted and all but it still plays all the way through. What gives? Geeks?!
    the shuffle icon green should do the job. Otherwise delete the playlist and recreate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people don't like iTunes, but there's one thing that you can't knock it for, it's ing easy as to use.

I heard of Spotify a long time ago but just never got around to trying it. I'm not big on having to pay for Premium services. I know why they're offered (the developers need money to improve plus I can't fault them for wanting to profit from their invention), but I have no interest in paying for a service. I'm a cheap bas that way.

So, seeing as how I don't have time to sift through every post (pretty busy morning), what's the final verdict on whether it's worth a try or not?
    of course it's worth a try. It's free and has almost all the songs in the world out there.

BTW, I upgraded to premium. Quality of streaming to mobile device is pretty good, better than Pandora so far.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://lifehacker.com/5825176/how-ca...sts-to-spotify

How Can I Get Pandora-Like Radio Stations on Spotify?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been using premium for 2 weeks. Love the service. Haven't had to download anything since. Works great on my HTC EVO also. Streams perfect.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Spotify has been around for a while but it wasn't available in the US until 4 weeks ago.

I've found everything I wanted on the service except for the bands who think they are above it and still have a lot of money (metallica, tool). It's a great tool to expand your playlist if you link facebook to it and see what your friends are listing, assuming they allow you to see that info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a playist I made. These are the most played songs on Alt Nation the past few months. http://open.spotify.com/user/ccr_210...9Okd57fE985Zs3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a playist I made. These are the most played songs on Alt Nation the past few months. http://open.spotify.com/user/ccr_210...9Okd57fE985Zs3
    Baller. I just started listening to it. Will let you know what I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its been a few weeks now. How is everyone liking spotify? I'm still using it on a daily basis. I have the 9.99 premium account. I think this is a must if you want to listen to the music "everywhere" so you can stream on your phone. I've updated the playlist since I posted it. Up to 60+ songs. I love that the last.fm audioscrobbler is attached. I don't have really any complaints. Just maybe a play count column. But nothing serious. Still getting a good use out of it daily!

Here is a new playlist I've been working on. Its some texas country murder/story songs. They aren't all about murder, but mainly songs that you can easily picture happening in your head. I like them a lot. http://open.spotify.com/user/ccr_210...Anmc3ENjjT9bMX I have to wait a little while to add more songs because some of them aren't on spotify at all. Well have to add from my hard drive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't opened it in weeks. Sticking with Google Music.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel embarrassed to say this because I'm too lazy to try to figure it out... but how the do I open spotify?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if you have an account. You have to download the client from the spotify website. Do you have the client downloaded?

Funny I've only open google music once since I got spotify.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got spotify to work ... the only times I got it open to listen to music I've had to come to this place and manually type open.. and user to launch it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just click on the icon like everything else...

I've used it a couple of times - like to listen to Watch The Throne - but thats about it. Its cool and all, but it hasn't sucked me in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may throw down the $9.99 a month because I was finally able to find two CDs on Spotify that I couldn't find to download (they're on iTunes for $10 each I think so I'd save $10). However, that really depends on if I can find a lot of music to listen to that I can't download to begin with, which should be kind of hard to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the commercials and popups go away with a paid subscription?

Thread Information