Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't disagree with that, I just don't think many of these guys are going to make it to the senior team, so building a team with these guys is a waste of time.

Since Pekerman is gone from looking for and developing young talent, Argentina has nose-dived in that department. This team is a reflection of that, IMO. We'll see who takes cares of the kids with Sabella.
    So what are you trying t say this team is a c team? Not buying that...Given that almost all teams save maybe for Guatemala are bringing players that are not the full team so i have heard from everyone....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what are you trying t say this team is a c team? Not buying that...Given that almost all teams save maybe for Guatemala are bringing players that are not the full team so i have heard from everyone....
    Nah, this is probably close to the best we have right now at this age. We'll see what the U17 team looks like two years from now. Looking at how they did in the last tournament, I don't think they're keepers either.

In Argentina, whenever a new senior coach is named, they redo the entire management of the kids. It's re ed, but it happens. The current U20 coach is likely to be sacked once he's done with this compe ion. Things with the kids were better when one thing didn't depend on the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Argentina, they do things irrationally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, this is probably close to the best we have right now at this age. We'll see what the U17 team looks like two years from now. Looking at how they did in the last tournament, I don't think they're keepers either.

In Argentina, whenever a new senior coach is named, they redo the entire management of the kids. It's re ed, but it happens. The current U20 coach is likely to be sacked once he's done with this compe ion. Things with the kids were better when one thing didn't depend on the other.
    That Sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    End of 1st half

Talent: 1
    Team: 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Floppers: 2
    Team: 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this refs with the bull penalties... should've known it was going to up against ARG too

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If mexico don't get eliminated today, they are ed next round against Colombia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, if Argentina plays the same brand of defense as the first 3 games, and get a little sharper finishing, they'll win.

That was some barrage from Egypt at the end. But I thought they held up pretty well. Could've easily ended 2-2 or 5-1. Onto the next round.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    great game with guatemala. they went all out and left it all on the field. had a few chances to tie it up but it wasnt their time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Egypt, but they git robbed by the refs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam 1
    Mex 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mexico putting up a fight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Egypt, but they git robbed by the refs

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Cameroon vs Mexico going to PK's now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Cameroon... Brasil part II

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved that the Mexican coach asked the players who wanted to shoot.. on a team with really.. no individual talent, or even leadership among strikers.. it's best to go with the confident players, and they did their job.

I felt bad for the Cameroon GK, he was getting hugs and overall looked liked he wanted to cry way before the PK's started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O_o

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mexico will face Colombia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Cameroon played well enough for the W....couldn't hold on to the lead for more than 2 minutes.

Les Lion Indomptables son battus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this refs with the bull penalties... should've known it was going to up against ARG too
    At least you're honest. Second penalty of argentina is a penalty though, IMO. But disallowed goal, Bull penalties..If the ref wasnt such an idiot or whatever it is that happned to him..No way they would have won against egypt.

On and that ref should get banned...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Cameroon played well enough for the W....couldn't hold on to the lead for more than 2 minutes.

Les Lion Indomptables son battus

They did?

I thought it was clear that Mexico was the better team throughout, Cameroon's defense was just great, and Mexico decided to try to create their chance at goal rather than doing long balls... which I think would've done the difference and this game probably wouldn't have gone to overtime/penalties... Mexico also missed yet a couple more in front of goal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mexico had more possession but everything else was relatively even. It was almost a mourinho approach to the game ala Inter vs. Barca.... allow the majority of the possession to the other team but play air tight D and get a goal on the counter. It would've been nice to win on that golazo but 1-1 was a fair result. Then the PK lottery. Only Brazil could compete with those misses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least you're honest. Second penalty of argentina is a penalty though, IMO. But disallowed goal, Bull penalties..If the ref wasnt such an idiot or whatever it is that happned to him..No way they would have won against egypt.

On and that ref should get banned...
    Oh please... all 3 penalties were BS... I couldn't even believe Luque would DARE diving a second time after getting a yellow earlier in the game for his first dive, and the mother er not only dived again, he dived a THIRD time for the second penalty

And truth be told, the only team with a clear, clear chance in the first half was that Argentina header in the post that I have no idea how it didn't go in.
    Egypt really pushed in the 2nd half, but they really only had 2 good chances where they tested the goalie. A shot across the goalie pushed to the corner, and that play at the end where the goalie screwed up and the tall #6 headed over him to be cleared by a defender. Argentina missed 3 clear chances to put the game away on the counter.

And that's exactly what I'm not liking about this ARG team. Defensively they can play well, but up front they're ridiculously handicapped. It's not that they don't have chances, they just miss goals you can't miss at this category.

We'll see how they play against Portugal saturday. Honestly, I haven't seen a single game from them.

Thread Information