Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Supposedly they are having to really rush everything to get this movie done by a certain date so they don't lose the rights to the franchise. Plus there's no way this new Zod will be anywhere near as good as the one from Superman 2. All that plus Zach Snyder directing leaves me to believe it will blow.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Zod will be anywhere near as good as the one from Superman 2
    Zod's quotes in Superman 2 were iconic. He can never be reproduced.

Ursa: "You are master of all you survey."
    General Zod: [bored] "So I was yesterday. And the day before."

"I win. I always win. Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me? "

"Why do you say this to me, when you know I will kill you for it?"

"I am General Zod. Your ruler. Yes, today begins a new order. Your lands, your possessions, your very lives, will gladly be given in tribute to me, General Zod! In return for your obedience you will enjoy my generous protection. In other words you will be allowed to live."
    Last edited by benefactor; 08-05-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Dean Cain is Superman... Period... Only guy to put on the suit who didn't need props to make him look as muscular as we expect Superman to look...
    You know, I have to agree. He made the best Superman I've ever seen. And he played an intelligent Clark without being a dufis.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Zod's quotes in Superman 2 were iconic. He can never be reproduced.

"Why do you say this to me, when you know I will kill you for it?"

i've always laughed at that line

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    I have always loved....Kneel before Zod

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    I wish they would have done Superman in a 5 movie series

movie 1: Superman vs Lex

movie 2: Superman vs Brainiac

movie 3: Superman vs Bizarro and Zod

movie 4: Superman vs Doomsday

movie 5: Superman vs Darkseid

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When did Superman get a receding hairline?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Superman should not look muscular. Why would he? His strength isn't based on muscle mass. How would he develop muscle?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is one of those things that always bugged me about Superman. If the only thing that can beat him is kryptonite, this extremely rare material from an alien planet, how the do all these villains get their hands on it? Is Lex running a market on this stuff, or can you just go into Wal-Mart and grab some kryptonite-tipped rounds in comic land? And if not, seems like that's leaving a pretty narrow gap for storylines.
    There's many things he cannot do. He operates mostly on a linear time scale, he seems to have limits to his speed as it requires time for him to get from point A to point B. His reaction time is fast, but he doesn't stop a bullet before it's fired from the gun.

He's the only superhero who, I think, uses a disguise to be normal, and is otherwise always a superhero.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so lets get this straight they get a muscly guy to play that superman, while in spiderman 3 they get some skinny clown to play venom? fkn pathetic casting

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i guess in this movie his ma don't make him the suit

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I wish Hollywood would take a break from super hero movies.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Supposedly they are having to really rush everything to get this movie done by a certain date so they don't lose the rights to the franchise. Plus there's no way this new Zod will be anywhere near as good as the one from Superman 2. All that plus Zach Snyder directing leaves me to believe it will blow.
    Yup, spot on.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    When the old Supermans came out, there was nothing to compare it to, so they were awesome and everyone enjoyed them.

Now, you have other comic franchises and beloved characters getting the Hollywood treatment and it has made Superman's interpretation open for a debate that wasnt there in the past.

Lets get to the point.

Superman is damn near a God. Nothing in the known comic universe besides a silly green rock can hurt him in anyway. There is no fallibility with the character besides being somewhat of an awkward alien.

Until a movie embraces his god-hood, it will never satiate the fans who will drive its lasting value.
    Goku would kick his ass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Also, superman is inexplicably susceptible to magic and i believe always has been

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Also, superman is inexplicably susceptible to magic and i believe always has been
    it hurts him but it can't kill him. That's why every time he fights captain marvel it ends with captain marvel calling down lightning and losing cause he gets hit

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    it hurts him but it can't kill him. That's why every time he fights captain marvel it ends with captain marvel calling down lightning and losing cause he gets hit
    yeah it is always kinda annoying.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Zack Snyder is the new M. Night. Shyamalan. Their first couple of films were awesome then it just went down hill from there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Zack Snyder is the new M. Night. Shyamalan.
    Didjoo overuse these periods for emphasis, or do you really not know how abbreviations work?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It's hard to make a good money in this case because superman is too damn invincible. The other superheroes have villains who give them a challenge, superman has a bald rich guy that flashes him pieces of kryptonite.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    It's hard to make a good money in this case because superman is too damn invincible. The other superheroes have villains who give them a challenge, superman has a bald rich guy that flashes him pieces of kryptonite.
    He was even more overpowered in the 70's. I've read a few comics that have Superman being physically challenged by humans who either have some kind of power suit on or set up an elaborate trap to defeat him. He can move at the speed of light and beat the out of any normal person before they even knew what hit them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I already didn't like that 1st photo, and I'm really not liking the new all blue outfit now. The red trunks are gone. I think we are really headed toward disappointment. But I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.buzzfocus.com/wp-content/...f_steel_02.jpg

http://www.buzzfocus.com/wp-content/...f_steel_01.jpg

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Superman should not look muscular.
    He's always drawn muscular in the comics.

There are tons of super villains in the comics who could challenge him (Brainiac, Darkseid, etc.) and Zod, being Krypotonian, has the exact same powers as him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just wanna repeat this:

Zod has the same powers as Superman just as he did in the second movie. I don't know where this "Superman is too powerful and no one can challenge him stuff" comes from at least in the relation to the original series of movies or this one.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just wanna repeat this:

Zod has the same powers as Superman just as he did in the second movie. I don't know where this "Superman is too powerful and no one can challenge him stuff" comes from at least in the relation to the original series of movies or this one.
    Well, nearly identical. After all, I didn't see Zod peel a cellophane "S" off his chest and throw it at someone.....(WTF was THAT all about?)

Thread Information