Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    looks like a country western singer.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    When the old Supermans came out, there was nothing to compare it to, so they were awesome and everyone enjoyed them.

Now, you have other comic franchises and beloved characters getting the Hollywood treatment and it has made Superman's interpretation open for a debate that wasnt there in the past.

Lets get to the point.

Superman is damn near a God. Nothing in the known comic universe besides a silly green rock can hurt him in anyway. There is no fallibility with the character besides being somewhat of an awkward alien.

Until a movie embraces his god-hood, it will never satiate the fans who will drive its lasting value.
    Last edited by DarkReign; 08-04-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: possessive Superman

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    is this a reboot, or the continuation of the last 2?

seriously whats with the curly hair?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    the cape is dragging on the ground, the suit looks terrible and the guy looks like a villain.

red box.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    looks more like aquaman with the scaly costume.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'll reserve my judgment until I see an actual preview. SO far though he looks more like Bizarro Superman.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    When the old Superman's came out, there was nothing to compare it to, so they were awesome and everyone enjoyed them.

Now, you have other comic franchises and beloved characters getting the Hollywood treatment and it has made Superman's interpretation open for a debate that wasnt there in the past.

Lets get to the point.

Superman is damn near a God. Nothing in the known comic universe besides a silly green rock can hurt him in anyway. There is no fallibility with the character besides being somewhat of an awkward alien.

Until a movie embraces his god-hood, it will never satiate the fans who will drive its lasting value.
    A silly green rock that every two-bit villain seems to have a chunk of.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    I'll reserve my judgment until I see an actual preview. SO far though he looks more like Bizarro Superman.
    My thoughts exactly. The shots make him look crazy pale. The fivehead and caveman posture in the pose aren't helping either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Christopher Reeves FTW

The rest is

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Me love it!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    what's with the re ed scaly suit? And the goofy middle aged looking actor?

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Middle aged? He's 28.

Bad picture, though. He looks more like a superhero type in the Immortals trailer than he does in the Superman gear.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not liking the photo. Looks like Wolverine put on a Superman outfit and is pissed off at how he looks in it.

I hope they use the Superman theme that we all know.

Double facepalm...
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Dean Cain is Superman... Period... Only guy to put on the suit who didn't need props to make him look as muscular as we expect Superman to look...

With that said, I was looking forward to Tim Burton's 'dark' Superman that never happened. I would also think a J Michael Straczynski Superman story would be awesome...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Superman never did much for me even though I'm a fan of other franchises like Batman and Spiderman. But this new Superman has Christopher Nolan as one of the story writers and producers along with a better supporting cast and premise.

Fighting General Zod will be a huge plus over that real estate scam featured in Superman Returns. That movie didn't have enough entertaining blockbuster scenes and it failed to make you care about what was going on, hopefully that changes in Man of Steel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Dean Cain is Superman... Period... Only guy to put on the suit who didn't need props to make him look as muscular as we expect Superman to look...

With that said, I was looking forward to Tim Burton's 'dark' Superman that never happened. I would also think a J Michael Straczynski Superman story would be awesome...
    Christopher Reeves s on all those wannabes, including Dean Caine

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Christopher Reeve will always be Superman, and I don't see anyone ever topping him. I do look forward to this movie, but noone will be better than Reeve.

And that theme will never be outdone either

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    considering all Zack Snyder has done is made over the top polished turds for movies, why does anyone have high expectations for this?
    Because Based Christopher Nolan is involved in it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Superman is by far the easiest guy to make bad ass and they keep failing to do it. Its amazing.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    what happened to his eyebrows? weird pic. I agree with CF - he looks more hero-esque in the immortals.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    When the old Supermans came out, there was nothing to compare it to, so they were awesome and everyone enjoyed them.

Lets get to the point.

This is one of those things that always bugged me about Superman. If the only thing that can beat him is kryptonite, this extremely rare material from an alien planet, how the do all these villains get their hands on it? Is Lex running a market on this stuff, or can you just go into Wal-Mart and grab some kryptonite-tipped rounds in comic land? And if not, seems like that's leaving a pretty narrow gap for storylines.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    what happened to his eyebrows? weird pic.
    Maybe forgot to dye them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Dean Cain is Superman... Period...
    lol Dean Cain is the worst

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Thread Information