bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.develop-online.net/news/3...hind-Minecraft

Riccitiello flew to Stockholm to meet Notch, but soon realised he wasn't for sale

Earlier this year, EA CEO John Riccitiello took a flight to Stockholm.

His destination was not EA DICE, the much-admired Swedish studio responsible for Battlefield.

Instead, he was heading for a meeting with games development’s most wanted: Markus Persson, creator of Minecraft.

As an acquisitive CEO, you can imagine Riccitiello’s intentions.

But in an interview with Develop, Persson says that Riccitiello soon 'picked up the vibe' that Mojang, the studio he created to grow Minecraft, is not for sale.

“EA came to see us,” said Persson in an in-depth Q&A and profile piece about his success, fame and his fans.

“I think they had plans, but picked up the vibe.

“Nothing’s been said since – it’s all very high politics,” he added. And certainly,

“I play their games, and they make great games, but we are too far from each other. They can make their games, and I’ll buy them. We’ll make ours, and they can buy them. Not the property – that’s ours. But they can play it like everyone else.”

Click here to read the full in-depth Q&A with Persson and his colleague Daniel Kaplan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol ea pwn, fck them wheres the govt going to come in and regulate these wankers for taking over every compe or...build ur own games damn it

Double facepalm...
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Never played Minecraft. Don't even really know what it is. But nice to see someone effectively give a corporate FU to EA...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EA

PES 12 for me

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never played Minecraft. Don't even really know what it is. But nice to see someone effectively give a corporate FU to EA...
    If you liked playing with Legos as a kid, then Minecraft should hold a lot of appeal. It looks like complete crap graphically, but it's a really fun sandbox game. I liken it to having a never-ending supply of Legos, but there is also an adventure component to it (which can be turned off if you just want to build stuff). I have to caution that it's highly addictive and an enormous time-sink though. I think it's only $12 also (at least that was the price when I got it).

Here's the promo trailer for it, though you can build way cooler stuff than what is shown below.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They shoulda taken the paper when they could.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They shoulda taken the paper when they could.
    They have sold over 3,000,000 copies at roughly $10 a piece and its not even out of beta yet, with no sign of slow down in sales. Plus they are making a version for XBox Live and I think iOS.

Their next game, Scrolls, looks pretty interesting as well....

I dont think they need to sell out.

Thread Information