My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/17/di...ay-nfl-ticket/

In addition to baseball and hockey, PS3 owners now have the opportunity to catch football games, streamed live through their console. The PlayStation Blog today announced a partnership with DirecTV to offer the satellite television provider's popular NFL Sunday Ticket service, which allows individuals to view out-of-market football games.

Existing DirecTV subscribers can access Sunday Ticket on the console for an additional $50 at the start of the season (on top of what they paid for Sunday Ticket, of course) and can use their console as an additional receiver. PS3 users looking to opt into NFL Sunday Ticket without a DirecTV subscription will have to s out a hefty $339.95. () The PS3 will both show games in HD each week (up to 14) and display DirecTV's Red Zone channel. Or you could just sign up for DirecTV and get NFL Sunday Ticket for free, but then you'd have a bulky satellite dish to deal with.

Based on comments made to Shacknews by DirecTV's director of public relations Robert Mercer, NFL Sunday Ticket will "at least for this season" be exclusive to PS3. "We just want to work with a single partner this time around to give everyone a great experience," he concluded.

Update: Added image of PS3 UI, courtesy of our pals over at Engadget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds good but that pricetag. They can suck a giant one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Sunday Ticket $450 last year... so at least it's a price cut :-) $150, $200, I MIGHT consider it only because my team (SF) is on national once or twice a year... not worth $340 though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I would def pick it up for 150. I think that is reasonable. this 340 bull though.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh, $40 for NFL Replay is still a much better deal, I'd actually buy a PS3 if the NFL put Replay on the PS3

does ESPN3 work on the PS3?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN3 will work on the PS3 via a streamer like PlayOn but not on its own.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And if you want to watch the games on your phone, you have to have NFL Ticket then pay 10 dollars to get NFL Sunday Ticket To Go. It's a pretty ty deal if you ask me. Hockey's season package is probably the cheapest. I don't know why you would want NFL Ticket because there are only 16 games a season and most of the games are on at the same time. And if you have to work on Sunday afternoon then it's pretty much useless.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't you sign up as a new customer and get Sunday Ticket for free from DirecTV? my buddy is incredibly pissed about that seeing as he has paid for it for 10 years and isnt eligible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the problem is that my condo association is a bunch of Nazis and they won't let me add a dish on the roof.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if I own a copy of the latest Madden game and subscribe to this service I'll be able to control the players with my PS3 controller?

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I pay around $150-$200 a year for ST and they usually throw in other discounts when I call.

It sucks that you have to dance the dance with retention every year, but it's definitely worth it.

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Only took 2 calls this year. First dude was a bag but Robin was a sweetheart.

Basically, she gave me ST for free (including mobile-to-go) plus roughly $100 in credits.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So if I own a copy of the latest Madden game and subscribe to this service I'll be able to control the players with my PS3 controller?
    I wish!!

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I have Directv but I'll have to pay on Sunday Ticket. Way too much in my opinion. My work schedule blows. I work practically every Sunday unless I request it off so it would be a waste to get it. The only times I get to watch football regularly are when it comes on in prime time or Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only took 2 calls this year. First dude was a bag but Robin was a sweetheart.

Basically, she gave me ST for free (including mobile-to-go) plus roughly $100 in credits.
    my buddy got it free too, dunno if he got credits.

Thread Information