bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution from Gamestop.... you got screwed...

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/deus-ex-3-u...1190940p1.html

After admitting to pulling and discarding coupons for a free OnLive version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution from its boxed PC copies of the game, GameStop today issued a formal apology to customers and is offering a $50 gift card and buy-two-get-one-free pre-owned offer.

On Wednesday, GameSpy broke the news that GameStop was engaged in the OnLive coupon shenanigans. That very day, the retailer began pulling all PC copies of DXHR from its shelves for a recall to publisher Square Enix.

Today, Joystiq reports that GameStop associates have received the below email from CEO Paul Raines, indicating the retailer soon plans to issue this message as a formal apology to those who bought DXHR for PC at Gamestop.

Dear GameStop customer,

Earlier this week, GameStop removed a compe or's coupon from standard edition PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a recent release by Square Enix. We were not aware that the product box would contain this compe or's offer. We regret the events surrounding this le release and that our customers were put in the middle of this issue between GameStop and Square Enix, the publisher of this game. And for this, we are truly sorry.

For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you a free $50 GameStop gift card and a Buy 2 Get 1 Free pre-owned purchase. We want to earn back your trust and confidence in the GameStop experience. Please bring in this email and your store receipt or order confirmation from GameStop.com and present it to a Game Advisor.

Sincerely,
    Paul Raines
    CEO, GameStop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"We're sorry, please buy more from us"

This ain't stopping the OnLive lawsuit, IMO.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"We're sorry, please buy more from us"

This ain't stopping the OnLive lawsuit, IMO.
    No , either way I think Gamestop is losing out on this and they know it.... That was some shady they pulled. I only ever use them to trade in console games for cash as they feel too console oriented to me and Im a PC gamer at heart... This is some serious bull though.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they didn't treat their employees like they probably would have hesitated to spread the news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, the buy 2 get one free thing is bull but at least you get 50 bucks worth of for free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they give you 50 and hope you spend it on the pre owned games deal so it will not be a big hit as seeing how they pay people for used games.

Thread Information