check this out about the videocards stacked up for bf3

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,8...rked/Practice/

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    check this out about the videocards stacked up for bf3

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,8...rked/Practice/
    I was just looking at upgrading my GPUs the other day (4x 295). Now benchmarks dont even include my cards.

Yeah. Its time. 2x 590s.

EDIT: Nevermind. 2x 580s, seems the 590s are unstable and hard to find.

EDITED AGAIN: Seriously, nevermind upgrading at all. It seems the consensus is that the 295 is a beastly card that 1 for 1, is equivalent to the new 480s. 295s arent DX11, thats the only difference.

Moreover, it seems a new generation of cards are on the horizon. Something called Keppler?
    Last edited by DarkReign; 09-30-2011 at 01:12 PM.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC version has Caspian Border as a map but 0 servers running it. I wonder if they're going to open it up the 2nd week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very disappointed in this game. It's choppy even though I have a high FPS. The graphics are just . The one map we can play is . Weapon damage is all over the place. Do I really have to go through an entire dance before I knife someone? Can't I just stick it in the throat? Shooting through walls, cars, rocks, the group... So disappointed. Looks like I'll stick with BFBC2 and it's ty hit regs and rubber knives.

Really glad I didn't pre-order.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    PC version has Caspian Border as a map but 0 servers running it. I wonder if they're going to open it up the 2nd week.
    My understanding is no.. for a lack of better words it is being run thru by devs to test it but it is not open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I play it the more I love it. But then again I was a huge Medal of Honor fan and it feels like almost a mix of BC2 and MoH.

Odd to hear that they threw out such a lack luster beta on the PC as well. Really bad marketing to throw such an unfinished beta out this close to release.

Oh and you make a great point.. the interface sucks. On the 360 it is a pain in the ass to send invites and get a squad together.
    it is odd and refrshing that in a world where every corp. is looking to maximize profits at the exepnse of the consumer they come out with betas. i like the beta but you're going to get a lot of people not as intersted in at after trying it that's for sure. they may have hurt sells quite a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is the graphics good compared in previews even with high end card?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is the graphics good compared in previews even with high end card?
    It's better thank BFBC2 but still pretty bad. The ground is simply laughable. This really sucks since the game promotes going prone in the bushes and the ground is in your face all the time. I do have a high end card btw. I did hear it's supposed to be better later on but I'll reserve judgement for myself.

Some people really love it. I just can't take another game that forces WW1 reenactments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 things that pissed me off in BF2. The weighted movements of your soldier and the sound effects. Looks like they improved both.

Wait add a 3rd, plane/helo s... just like that video showed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hating the spawn killing campers

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    it is odd and refrshing that in a world where every corp. is looking to maximize profits at the exepnse of the consumer they come out with betas. i like the beta but you're going to get a lot of people not as intersted in at after trying it that's for sure. they may have hurt sells quite a bit.
    From a business point of view it was bad business. I don't mean because of them releasing a beta but more so because of the quality of the beta.

From a gamers point of view.. yeah.. great move.

Personally, I'm probably one of the few that was one the fence with getting it and it actually convinced me I want it instead of not wanting it.

The level of customization.. the better animations and controls.. those were the things that pulled me over to wanting to get it.

Is going to be a damn good game. I know Randy is getting it but not sure who else. But these games are such a blast when you get a whole squad together of friends and use team work to run people over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god for betas. Played two matches and went back to GOW 3
    Same, the beta is horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its still beta though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its still beta though...
    Yeah but doesn't it come out this month?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god for betas. Played two matches and went back to GOW 3
    At least you gave it a fair shake!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ing hate this game. Every single person camps, I'm sticking to mw, its unrealistic but fun as , plus everything feels much smoother.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ing hate this game. Every single person camps, I'm sticking to mw, its unrealistic but fun as , plus everything feels much smoother.
    That's normal for new games. Are you serious? Do you remember when MW2 came out and every idiot camped for kills? Camping is ridiculous until the meta shakes out, then you LOL at campers and cap around them. Pretty simple.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i cant stay out of under the map. i dont even want to be there, i want to play. this has lots of bugs. concerning since this is a demo not a beta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i cant stay out of under the map. i dont even want to be there, i want to play. this has lots of bugs. concerning since this is a demo not a beta.
    This is the main drawback for me. Way too many bugs for a game that's out in less than a month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The respawn screen looks to busy for some reason. I played a few rounds and not really drawing me in. May take further research...oh and yes everyone snipes and the map sucks.

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried playing it last night. I know my system is not top of the line, but it is an I7, 8gb ram and a GTS240. I know the video card is not top of the line, but the graphics looked terrible. Bad looking textures, choppy movement, and all of the colors would fade to gray/blue sometimes after a death and would come back if I walked near flames or was killed again. The sounds also seemed to be laggy and kinda random in the directions they came from.

I couldn't really focus much on gameplay, as the poor graphics and weird feel of the lobby/death screens were very distracting. Odd things I saw:

1. Many players crawling around prone everywhere.
    2. Hacks already being used to sort of teleport you to the enemy or C4 kill you. (very weird)
    3. It is very difficult to see your enemies on the subway level. I hope this isn't some gameplay aspect. Only with big graphics improvements could this possibly work.
    4. I had touble getting to the options menu to check things like keyboard shortcuts or graphics settings. The ESC key doesn't seem to work half the time.

In short, even though this is supposed to be a BETA, I expected more of a DEMO type of experience. If this game is going to come out next month, it needs some major patches to get there. After playing, I am not nearly as excited about the game as I was before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTS240 lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ppl are too concern with kill ratios, when they should be achieving the objectives and quests...

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe I clearly said it wasn't top of the line. It's definitely not terrible, and has never noticeably hurt performance on any others games I play. Sure, I can go and get twin 560s and put them in, but this BETA doesn't leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling that it would make it that much more playable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe I clearly said it wasn't top of the line. It's definitely not terrible
    Sorry, but yes it is. That card is functionally weaker than a 9800GT, which was released almost 4 years ago and wasn't top of the line back then. Any modern game is going to depend on your videocard being fairly robust, much more than any other aspect of your system, and Battlefield 3 is the most demanding game in existence at the moment. The 240 is a derivative of the 215 which is essentially one step up from an integrated chipset. It was never meant to even attempt running BF3.

Get yourself a 6870, 6950, or Ti560 and it won't even seem like the same game.

Thread Information