Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for it to download over live marketplace. Can't wait to check it out. Hopefully there is a single player component i can around in.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Is it already available to download or do you have special access?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have special access because I bought the limited edition of medal of honor. I don't know when it goes open.

They sent me a code this morning while I was at work and the first thing I did when I got home was enter it. It's 1.3 gigs so it might take a bit. 60% now.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yeah nevermind, it goes public on Thursday. Hopefully it's everything I expect it to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some glitchy textures, it's a little hard to differentiate between friend and foe in dark areas, grenades look like little square apples when you throw em, and this is obviously meant to be played on a PC.

I wish the name icon was a little higher or a lot lower. Maybe it's because I wasn't used to it, but I kept confusing friend and foe in firefights because the ally names would pretty much cover the head/chest of any enemies in front of them.

Players go down pretty quickly, maybe 2 or 3 shots depending on the location, I actually like this because at midrange and beyond the recoil really takes a toll and accuracy dives.

Can't wait for it to arrive for my PC.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Played it early as well on the 360. Seems like it is going to be an amazing PC game.. that's pretty much how I feel if you get my drift.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    need more opinions

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I will say that the best thing that I noticed about the beta is that the weighty controls seem to be gone. The movement is much more fluid and you don't feel like you are driving a tank. The beta is very striped though, at least on the 360. The graphics are average to slightly above average.. The outside part is pretty impressive but in the subway it is really hard to see what is going on and half the time you are just randomly shooting hoping there is someone in the distance.

I do still have high hopes for the game and it will be a day one buy for me. That said I can only imagine how amazing it will be on PC.. but I'm not a PC guy (not knocking it).

I am really hoping that a rotation of this, Gears, and Skyrim.. will keep my COD playtime pretty limited this year and keep my gaming diverse (especially in the online multiplayer department.)

Look forward to getting back home and playing the beta again. Oh and love the feel of the guys.. has just the right amount of recoil where you have to burst fire in order to be effective. Snipe shots don't seem to drop as much as in Bad Company 2. And the complaint on grenades I feel the same way.. looks like I'm throwing a potato out there and can't throw it more than 2 feet.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    But again I'm use to the unrealistic CoD series where your player is Dan Marino and can throw a grenade 80 yards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah. I kept thinking there was a cook on the grenades only to have it leave my hands. Did it about 3 times going up the escalator only to have it bounce back in my face.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Have you run into spots on the map (outside part) where you fall through and go under the map? I happened on two of them. Both are right around A and one is right by a tree.. the other is on the side of the bridge right directly in front of A.

The more I play it (and play it slow like and tactical like it is ment to be) the more I like it. I just hope this is an old build because there are big time issues and not much time before release.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Well, not huge issues. Just that the kill cam half the time you are watching the person and seeing through the bottom of the map... I have plenty of times when my sprint doesn't work.. and often it wont let me bring up my weapon. I guess those are easy to fix. What I hear is this beta is from where they were at 2 months ago.. so I am excited if these are fixed.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Other than that I have to say taking the weighty controls out of this game sold me on it.. those controls were the main reason I had issues with bad company 2.. the control is pretty damn smooth now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fell through the map by the radar just a bit ago. took me a couple minutes to get out. There are other exploits I saw people using where all of their body was underneath the map except for their head. They were shooting at our spawn and barely half their head was above ground.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    d/l-ing the beta on PC right now. Got a killer system. Will post impressions and pics.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I am a huge BF:BC2 fan...played the out of it.

If this beta represents what is going to be released, save your ing money. It isnt even close to being ready for retail.

Havent figured out how to take screenshots and most of the people playing are fanboys to the core, but needless to say, holy .

Its only one map, but the brief time that you are outside, the texture that should be "the ground" is gone. Not there. Nonexistent (for me). Its incredibly hard to discern what is what when you lack a floor, wholesale.

Lag. My freaking God, lag. Unplayable, for me. Everything is almost "OK" when youre getting from one place to another, but the very moment an enemy comes in view or God forbid, an explosion goes off, crippling lag. I went 4-14 in my 3rd game...the best I had done up until that point. I am not as good as most of these guys, I am not delusional. But I absolutely chalk it up to never-ending lag kills. The moment I pull the trigger, its a ing stop motion claymation show that ends in me dying.

The chat window sucks. Bad. The launcher...this Battlelog or wtf ever, sucks. The interface in general, sucks.

Did I mention that this one map that EA released for Beta is full of holes? Youre running along, then you fall through the world and have to Suicide. This isnt every now and then, this happens all the time in many, many different locations, inside and out.

I cant get a smooth enough play experience to tell you anything about the gunplay, the mechanics, the unlocks, the squad play...anything. The game is so bad in its current state, I seriously cannot get past it.

There arent any words to explain how hugely disappointed I am right now. I hope DICE can pull off a miracle in less than 30 days, because the game is going to need it.

Going to try and install the new "BF3" nVidia drivers the Battlelog (or wtfever) keeps going on about. Maybe it makes a difference graphically, but drivers wont fix lag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it was your internet connection?

I just finished playing a match on my PC (6870 + phenom 2 x4 955) and I experienced no lag at all. It was actually MUCH MUCH better than the 360 version. Everything was crisper, I killed a lot more, the problems with telling friend from foe were gone and didn't fall through the Earth at the gazibo like I did on the 360.

I actually found it extremely enjoyable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually knifed someone : D

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Been playing since I posted.

Do not like this game at all. Like BFBC2, its going to need a lot of patchwork.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    On further thought, it might just be the map and lag. To me, BF has never been a corridor, close-range shooter and yet DICE decided to release that travesty of a map for beta testing.

Holes everywhere, no expansive environments...the moment you get past the first two bomb points, its allllll subway tunnels for the rest of the game.

Really lame.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Maybe I am just getting old and video games in general just disappoint me these days.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The more I play it the more I love it. But then again I was a huge Medal of Honor fan and it feels like almost a mix of BC2 and MoH.

Odd to hear that they threw out such a lack luster beta on the PC as well. Really bad marketing to throw such an unfinished beta out this close to release.

Oh and you make a great point.. the interface sucks. On the 360 it is a pain in the ass to send invites and get a squad together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god for betas. Played two matches and went back to GOW 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never played battlefield downloaded the beta and was having fun with it. I have put in countless hours in cod so its nice to play something new. Although killing people has a different feel to this game than cod does. Cod is more arcade style and bf is more realistic/strategy.

Thread Information