Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    yeah yeah but is this gonna have a projector in it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I hope its something much better than that steaming pile called the Epic.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Samsung and Google are postponing the event on Tuesday in respect for Job's passing.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The business and culture of our digital lives,
    from the L.A. Times
    Google, Samsung delay Ice Cream Sandwich operating system launch
    October 7, 2011 | 12:42 pm

increase text size decrease text size

Getprev Google delayed the expected launch of a new version of its Android operating system, dubbed Ice Cream Sandwich.

The Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest in a series of operating systems named after sweets, was anticipated to combine previous smartphone and tablet versions, known as Gingerbread and Honeycomb, into a cohesive whole.

But the Samsung Mobile Unwrapped event scheduled Oct. 11 by Google and partner Samsung at the CTIA show in San Diego, where the Ice Cream Sandwich and a new Samsung phone running on the operating system were expected to be unveiled, has been canceled.

Why? Out of respect for the death of Steve Jobs, a Google spokesperson told tech site PCWorld.

“Samsung and Google decide to postpone the new product announcement at CTIA Fall," the companies said in a joint statement. "We agree that it is just not the right time to announce a new product. New date and venue will be shortly announced."

Rumors have been rampant about the Ice Cream Sandwich -- an EBay shopper reportedly bought a Sandwich Nexus S device recently that was already running the OS, and leaked video to tech site Engadget. Among the possible new features: a lockscreen feature using facial recognition, more mul asking and resizable widgets.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...h-google-.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The business and culture of our digital lives,
    from the L.A. Times
    Google, Samsung delay Ice Cream Sandwich operating system launch
    October 7, 2011 | 12:42 pm

increase text size decrease text size

Getprev Google delayed the expected launch of a new version of its Android operating system, dubbed Ice Cream Sandwich.

The Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest in a series of operating systems named after sweets, was anticipated to combine previous smartphone and tablet versions, known as Gingerbread and Honeycomb, into a cohesive whole.

But the Samsung Mobile Unwrapped event scheduled Oct. 11 by Google and partner Samsung at the CTIA show in San Diego, where the Ice Cream Sandwich and a new Samsung phone running on the operating system were expected to be unveiled, has been canceled.

Why? Out of respect for the death of Steve Jobs, a Google spokesperson told tech site PCWorld.

“Samsung and Google decide to postpone the new product announcement at CTIA Fall," the companies said in a joint statement. "We agree that it is just not the right time to announce a new product. New date and venue will be shortly announced."

Rumors have been rampant about the Ice Cream Sandwich -- an EBay shopper reportedly bought a Sandwich Nexus S device recently that was already running the OS, and leaked video to tech site Engadget. Among the possible new features: a lockscreen feature using facial recognition, more mul asking and resizable widgets.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...h-google-.html
    but apple has no problems sueing these clowns for patent infringements....lol fck this corp ethics bull

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm calling shenanigans on that jobs dieing excuse. Maybe the phone want working as theyd hoped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm calling shenanigans on that jobs dieing excuse. Maybe the phone want working as theyd hoped
    more bs when the iphone4 lite official release, apple shares were down...but the newspapers say there was increase demand for the new gadget...

lol spinning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as they don't rename the new OS " sandwich" I think delays are A-OK.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    unlikely because some stuff leaked after the delay.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Considering Apple is pushing ahead with everything as usual (iPhone 4SS etc.) it sounds like bull . More likely they knew they'd be overshadowed by the 4S, as shown by the 1 million preorders of that underwhelming device.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's the case, it really doesn't say much for what they're rolling out. And yes, besides the guts of the 4GS, the phone was a bit underwhelming, but that happens for most things that are kept secret.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just had a customer call telling me he's buying a 4S. This particular person only had an iPad. I hope the expansion to Sprint also brings some new users and sales for our products.

Thread Information